Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Rhinebeck Nationals 2012

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SleightsburghMC, Oct 12, 2011.

1. No it doesn't.

Look I am not trying to pick sides or get in to internet arguments. I am just trying to point out another point of view. I don't have the information, clearly. But I wonder how many NON GG members attend their event and pay that $90?? I am guessing, yes just guessing that the vast majority of attendees are members. IF, that is the case, then it is $45 for a three day show. Not a bad value.

I agree with everyone here, Rhinebeck is the perfect venue. I hate to see GG move it. But you have to wonder why the attendance has been down every year. It isn't just the date change. The attendance was starting to decline before the change. Maybe a new venue will add something to it? Maybe it will be the death of the event? Time will tell. But it is what it is. I will go to the Big E and enjoy it as much as I can.

I would also attend the new event in Rhinebeck. I love the idea of going back there.

2. Weather( usually bad during hurricane season) has always been a factor in the Rhinebeck event. That's why it earned the nick name Rainbeck.
    We did have a few good years but sometimes it would pour for at least 2 of the days of the show.
    Weather never killed the show but after several years of miserable weather I'm sure it didn't help either.
    I've been attending Rhinebeck since 1998. Always needed 2 pairs of dry shoes and assorted rain gear.
    But.........we just accepted it. Some people I think just threw in the towel and wrote it off.
    The economy for the past 3 years hasent helped much either in the attendence department.
    I sincerly belive it's all about to change for the better.
    Now we have Rhinebeck and Springfield to enjoy. Life is GOOD!

3. screwball

screwball

Is that the weekend after Syracuse 2012

4. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

I've been going to Rhinebeck for a long time and would love to keep the tradition going.

Is anyone on here a member of the Hudson Valley Streetrods that can give us more first hand info as it progresses and answer the questions straight up?

5. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I think you hit the nail on the head with this answer. I think the weather played a big part of the GG decision to move the location. I have always liked Rhinebeck,but the weather situation has kept me away the last few years. Guess time will tell how this will all play out. Nice to have another event (Big E) relatively close to home regardless. :)

6. There is still more talk of another organization moving into the Duchess County Fairgrounds for an additional event in 2012.
    The names of Right Coast and NSRA have been mentioned and we already know about the Hudson Valley Club's efforts on this new venue.

7. spiderdeville

spiderdeville
    from BOGOTA,NJ

Ya West Springfield , Ma has a desert like climate

8. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

So whats the latest on Rhinebeck in July?

I check your website and didn't see anything...inquiring minds need to know!

9. dugbred

dugbred

10. cgaswillys

cgaswillys
    from New Jersey

Here's the show flyer. Lets get out and support the HVSRA for thier efforts.

Attached Files:

11. 40streetrod

40streetrod
    from nj

"ever have your nuts ripped off "
    Thanks Speedyg489, spit my morning coffee all over my desk and keypad with that one !!

12. 1934coupe

1934coupe

Well early reporting finds there are very few cars at the fairgrounds. I went by 4 times and I didn't count but I don't think there is 100 cars there. The local motels and restaurants had very few cars if any. Weather today was iffy but turned out good. We'll see what tomorrow brings. As far as cost I think $40/45 bucks is too much only time will tell.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2012
  13. 1934coupe

1934coupe

!:25PM and its raining still. A few diehards at the Fairgrounds more than yesterday, Hard to tell how many but 200 cars would be my guess. So many weekends have been great here this summer but this one has not been. I think the Fri. Sat. show only turns people off.

Pat

14. Was there this morning. Not many vendors, but there was some good stuff anyway. Steady flow of cars coming in. Some nice cars for sure. Sky started to open up around 11am. Lots of rain. Here are some pre-rain photos!

Attached Files:

15. More photos!

Attached Files:

16. And more photos!

Attached Files:

17. Loved this 32 Roadster!

Attached Files:

18. Nice 53 Stude!

Attached Files:

19. Nemosgarage

Nemosgarage

Thank you
    Hudson Valley Street Rods too bad it rained

20. 23 Chevy For Sale. THE END:mad:

Attached Files:

21. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I haven't seen Elvira for years. I still like that car.

22. The37Kid

The37Kid

Yes, the fenders make it. Bob [​IMG]

23. poprockcrusher

poprockcrusher

LEAD EAST is PACKED every year

24. Are you trying to tell me something??:rolleyes: I was thinking how nice it would be with the fenders off:eek:

25. SleightsburghMC

SleightsburghMC

Loved this 48 coupe!

Attached Files:

26. I think that was for sale.

27. Yes, the weather was far from perfect but our group had a ball.
    Met a lot of nice people, saw some nice rides ( not many roadsters of course) and were treated very well by the host club and the fairground personel.
    2 of our cars in our club even trophied.
    Rain........It's not the end of the world.
    For the rest of you that stayed home.......A bad day at a car show is still better than a good day at work.

28. ArtofHotRod

ArtofHotRod

[​IMG]

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

29. Any Rhinebeck Nationals event scheduled for 2013?

The Hudson Valley Club has been the sponsor of past events. Will they do a repeat performance?

Has been a favorite show of mine for almost 16 years.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2012
  30. SleightsburghMC

SleightsburghMC

Sorry to say there are no further plans for a show at this time. We still have the spring dust off though. Also The grand national motorcycle show has been dedicating space to period hotrods and customs in the buildings at their show in June on Father's Day weekend.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!