Register now to get rid of these ads!

Can't decide on paint color? Amazing breakthrough!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BeatnikPirate, Oct 16, 2011.

1. BeatnikPirate

BeatnikPirate
    from Media, Pa.

2. onelowc10

onelowc10

ah you had me there, i was looking for a program where you could take a pic of your car and change colors on it cause i cant decide on a color too. But i dont think thats gonna be too affordable anytime soon. LOL

3. Hell, they have paint that does that now...all depends on where you are standing... :)

4. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

A pretty cool website!

5. fleetside66

fleetside66

Can that gun do flat black too?

6. I wish this was around when I was trying to decide... can't beat the price either!

[​IMG]

7. 1951Streamliner

1951Streamliner
    from Reno, NV

God bless the 1950's :D

8. BeatnikPirate

BeatnikPirate
    from Media, Pa.

Sorry to disappoint you, onelowc10.
    Actually, a program similar to the one you described does exist. The Mini Cooper website allows you to "build" your Mini, and change the car color on your screen, with the click of the mouse. Unless your car is a Mini, this probably won't help you, but the technology does exist so somewhere there must be one where you could plug in a pic of your car. Doesn't photoshop do this? Anybody know?

9. ezdusit

ezdusit

I believe I saw a color-changing application on the House of Kolor Web site. As I recall, it was fairly pricey.

10. erlomd

erlomd

WHATS THAT GUY DOING WITH THE TORCH! FIRE AND PAINT DONT MIX RIGHT.....or do they????
    every day there seems to pop up new ways to use Tesla Coils!

11. I think its a magnet gun. Read the little caption under the photo.:D

12. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Carter, Toad32 here on the HAMB designed that program and sold it to House Of Kolor many moons ago. He also demo's that propram at events that House of Color displays at. There are two programs for sale, one small one designed for just your car and another pricer one designed for body shops with more car choices in it. Pretty cool program.

One of the last times I talked to him he had designed a wheel one that he was shopping around to the wheel manufactures.

Great guy and very talented.