Register now to get rid of these ads!

Buick 52 custom build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by nikkke, May 7, 2011.

1. Hey Niklas,

you did some real nice work to the Buick. Never thought it makes sense to remove the port holes, but I m real suprised how it turned out.

I got to go back to the states to finish up some more things on my Buick before i can bring it to Germany.

[​IMG]

2. farmer12

farmer12

Hi Niklas, had a great time cruising with you guys! Thanks again. You've got your self one cool Buick, something to be very proud of!

Attached Files:

3. Hotrod95

Hotrod95

Wicked car! Sweet 50's look you have going on too!

4. nikkke

nikkke

Thanks for so nice comments!!

And that brown color is so cool!!

5. nikkke

nikkke

I been looking at those tail lights and also frenching a "tube" and just have the lights visible.

6. i like both ways ,with or without the holes. I guess i would leave them would it be my car . But....
    And now for the first time in hamb :hey youngster_'52 see you this weekend in the garage ? :)

7. I'll be there, running some wires in your Lincoln :)

8. nikkke

nikkke

This could be a taillight idea??
    [​IMG]

Finaly got me some stripes
    [​IMG]
    On the Squirrels BBQ
    [​IMG]

9. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

Very Nice ! You could actually fit a pair of '56 Chrysler or '54 Merc lenses in those fenders...they would add "body" and an extra dimension to the build and set-off your cool paint work !

Just a thought...but you've done the "heavy lifting", and right now it's just detail stuff. (Take a look at my '53 in my Album Section if you have time.)

All the best to you,

Jonnie www.legends.thewwbc.net

10. padorey

padorey

Getting a late look at this post Like the Corvette taillights. Portholes should go. Do you want the car to be a Buick, keep the portholes. Do you want it to be a Kustom ? Its your car do it your way.
    I did away with them and a lot more.

Attached Files:

11. padorey

padorey

Oh Yea
    What ever you do, Keep the 50 Mercury side trim. They are getting to hard to find

Attached Files:

12. manya1

manya1

That's 1953 Buick side trim, aint it?

13. hozem396

hozem396
    from ohio

Yea, I was wondering about the headliner myself. I guess when it gets cold you could pull it down & cover up in it!

Nice car though & you do whatever you want with it!

14. SuperFleye

SuperFleye
    Alliance Vendor

Not a big fan of the buick "reflex" taillight idea Niklas.... but this looks kool:

[​IMG]

It gives it a late 1950s look, but it still looks good.

15. nikkke

nikkke

My latest taillight idea is to french in one 62 corvette taillight on eatch side, right over the bumper in height of the sideline in the fenders :)
    They are ordered, so im excited to see how it will look :D

16. ricktard

ricktard
    from spokane

17. That is a great looking Buick. Very nicely done . I too have seen great looking customs from Norway and sweeden. Knowing the hassle it must be to just get the car over there is one thing.Then the parts hunting, plus all the body work etc makes me admire your cars a great deal, and the ambition of the owners/builders even more. Rock On !!

18. farmer12

farmer12

I've seen this car in person and it's one great looking custom. And it's driven daily like it should!

19. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

I missed all the updates....
    I think this could be a great side repeater idea (turn signals), and you can bet nobody will have'em!

Can you put this into a picture? i cant visualize them. You do know they are angled right?

20. fryguy

fryguy

. . .nobody, except for the '48 Buicks they came stock on ;)

[​IMG]

21. nikkke

nikkke

Thanks for the compliments!

I have been busy with school but hope to start working with the car soon again.

I have purchased 4x SU carbs that i gonne try to build an intake to, and fabricte headers so i can drive with straight pipes and flametrowers this summer :D

22. 91bluecamaro

91bluecamaro

Very nice build! When I saw you took out the ports I was like "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO". You did a great job. Cant say that I would have the heart to lose my ports. I wanna add more!

23. Brizo

Brizo
    from Indy

It looks good without the portholes--but it looked good with em too! It gave the car detail, and many people feel that "its not an old Buick without the portholes". A few pages back, someone said "Customizing was intended to make you guess what kind of car it is". I dissagree !---- it was an attempt to improve on the original design--and that often didnt happen ! Many guys got carried away and ended up with an unidentifiable mess!

24. nikkke

nikkke

91blue camaro:
    Sometimes i agree with you of feeling like adding more and more, and i can look great!
    But for this build i want a mild clean early custom look :)

25. 91bluecamaro

91bluecamaro

Im talking the wife into getting a welder. I wanna make my ports into actual exhaust ports and put the flamethrowers in them...

26. Lowrders

Lowrders
    from DUBUQUE IA

27. trickrick

trickrick
    from michigan

I looked at this car when it was for sale in the US. A guy in West Virginia owned it. Nice job on modifications.