Register now to get rid of these ads!

Just experianced THAT guy... You know The one that knows everyone... opinions please.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by J.Barrett, Oct 12, 2011.

1. J.Barrett

J.Barrett

Ok so here is what i just had happen to me. i think you all will find this funny.... i have a 30 model A for sale and a guy calls on it. he is excited as all hell, needs to come look at it tonight!! has cash. So like anyone else selling a car would do, i told him to come on by..

he stated on the phone that if he bought my model A he could go to next years midnight mass!

then he shows up.. note i still have a poor boys plaque on the model A, my garage is plastered with midnight mass posters from all the years, and i am wearing a midnight mass shirt..

He then starts to tell me he is friends with the "Guys From Koolsville" but they wont let him park near them and wont give him a shirt or plaque, he has build cars with barris.... and just keeps on going.. then his wife is excited about the truck too!! then he starts in on midnight mass, put on by "those guys" yea you know " those guys" i said oh yea.. i know those guys... he proceeds to check out th truck. claims he just sold a 29 model A. but it didnt has a gas pedal..

His wife asked, "is that the gas tank up there?" i said yes. he said its a shame to see model A`s on the side of the road on fire because the gas tank is above the height of the motor...

this thing has a perfect running banger in it, but when he wanted to go for a ride it did not want to go anywhere with this guy.

His plans for it are, wood grant steering wheel, fuel tank in the bed. and no he does not wan any of the extra parts, all the juice brake parts he does not want, spindles? nope, split bones? nope, just want the truck..

So.... Do i sell it to him knowing he is a total ass hat or would that be breaking the code? I am not hurting for the money..just wanted to fund another project..

so go ahead give me your opinions, good or bad, even call me an idiot. whatever. let me here it.

2. knotttty

knotttty

sell.... the rest is his problem.... not yours.... just move so he doesnt know where you live...lol......

3. J.Barrett

J.Barrett

that is hilarious you said that, i was telling one of my friends that i will have to move and change my phone number if i do sell it to this guy..

4. you're selling..... he's buying.... did I miss something here. Last time I checked, ass hat money spends just as good. Don't let YOUR ego get in the way.

5. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

You may have heard this before, but after you sell a car you no longer have any say in what the new owner does with it.

It should not matter to you if you get your asking price. If you can't sell it and not care what happens after that then keep it.

And look into some form of councelling to help with your "problem" :D

6. heatmiser

heatmiser
    from mia

geez, take the money... or don't, and post in a few months how nobody wants to buy your model A...

7. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

From time to time I get a bad vibe from people ……. that’s the last time they talk to me

8. I say let him buy it , worst case scenario it'll be for sale again in a few months as an unfinished project :D

9. J.Barrett

J.Barrett

well looks like he is going to have himself a model A. Point well taken. thanks for the input. you guys are right what happens after it leaves here is up to him.

10. go-twichy

go-twichy
    BANNED

sell it. keep your projects moving forward, pay bills whatever. let him learn on his own. you; "all sales final"-- him; "buyer beware". thats all you can do. it's just a thing.

11. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

Sell it to him without the gas tank... He was worried about it.

12. bryan6902

bryan6902

Sell it, save his phone # in your phone under the "Do NOT Answer" heading. That way you can at least screen his calls.

Who knows.... Maybe everything he says is 100% legit. Some people get REALLY excited and come off as total blow-asses. Hard to tell at this point...

13. Gator

Gator

Just don't forget to take yer Poorboys plaque off of it first.

14. johnboy13

johnboy13

Worst case scenario, you have some d'bag calling you everytime anything goes wrong with the truck.

15. 1950Effie

1950Effie
    from no where

I always add "No Granolas" to my ads..

No fruits, Nuts, or Flakes!

But hey, money talks. Make sure you sell him the NOS muffler bearings as well!

16. I understand what you mean, it sucks to know your old car will belong to some d-bag, but it won't be yours anymore. We all can't keep everything.

17. stubbsrodandcustom

stubbsrodandcustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Spring tx

i CAN SEE THIS HAPPENING.... :D

18. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

The guy sounds like a clown. I try not to deal with clowns because I just don't want the clownery coming back to me down the road.

How many A's has he seen on fire on the side of the road for crying out loud?

If you aren't really invested in the car and he didn't seem too creepy, just let him buy it and make it clear it is as is, done deal, and move on.

19. Zombie57Ranchero

Zombie57Ranchero

Sell it! Theres only one way hes going to learn (hopefully) haha

20. D-fens

D-fens
    from Huntsville

Lot of times for sale ads bring out the buffoons, and it looks like you got one. Sucks but that's how it is selling shit to the general populace.

You may be getting worked up about nothing, this dude may not ever come across with the money anyway.

If he does, great. Call-block his number and buy or borrow a big dog (if you don't already have one) to keep him off your property post-sale.

21. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My thought as well. Then you can buy it back at a discount. Of course it might smell like ass-hat until you get it aired out good. And you'll have to put the gas tank back where it belongs.

22. chopper cliff

chopper cliff
    from lodi ca

Many states would not sell the A for that same reason, Ford did a press conference where he filled the tank with a running car with no Hood, problem solved. Sell it and chuckle all the way to the bank, its probably a conversation piece anyway. He sounds like a stooge. I sold a few like that, never saw or heard from them ever.

23. I thought he had cash? Could be you won't hear back from him. If the money's good, you can let it go, but a nice A isn't hard to sell, if he flakes or you think he's going to flake, you can always wait.

24. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

sell it..then after the gas tank fire you will be able to buy it back cheap!

25. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

Selling anything sucks right now............ take it when you can get it!

26. OK mixed emothions here. Part of me says money is money as long as it spends who cares. The other part of me reminds me that I have refused to sell things to people that I didn't like before.

I am going to suggest that if you don't feel good about it don't do it. Of course this is advice from a man who is eating corn chips for at least a week maybe longer if they hold out. :eek:

One thing I should mention is that I never suggest that any one use the fuel tank in cowl on an old hooptie. I say that because I have heard how dangerous they are but in my entire life I have never seen one on fire. I have seen rear tanks explode on impact before but I have never seen a cowl tank on fire.

27. 117harv

117harv

Maybe after he buys it, he will join here, see this thread and never want to talk to you again:eek::)

28. ass hole money becomes your money when it hits your pocket. if it your asking price let it go with a smile.

29. S.F.

S.F.

sell it, save his number in your phone. Dont answere it. Spend money on another hot rod.