Register now to get rid of these ads!

Dumbest Post Ever... Follow Us On Twitter

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Oct 11, 2011.

1. LSGUN

LSGUN
    from TX

Maybe Ryan will answer a tweet better than he does his PMs. :rolleyes: :p

2. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

it's funny because as more and more people become acclimated to the digital world, i am becoming increasingly less so. i never got twitter. i dont see the need for an iphone. zuckerburg's '1984 world', as you called it, scares me more each day, and i am on the edge of being done with that. the only thing that keeps me in any of it is the potential for marketing my work if i ever get around to that. and the only thing keeping me on the HAMB is the community. i still think at the root of it is the brotherhood that started it.

i know why you are doing it. and as a business decision i am sure it's the right one. but for me as an individual, i'm really starting to see the spooky side of it all.

3. LSGUN

LSGUN
    from TX

Hey now....even Buddy Holly wouldn't have tweeted. I don't think twitter and Hot Rods belong together.

4. BigBri

BigBri
    from So Cal

Ryan,

I have an extra Droid phone laying around if you are interested. It's an older G1 (TMobile) but if you want to use it for testing, shoot me a PM and I'll send it out to you.

5. dmikulec

dmikulec

I recently asked my wife if she had ever "twittered".

She turned red and slapped me. :D :D :D

6. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

this is like probably the top 3 dumbest posts.

Im gonna go work on the other 2 right now.

7. cheveey57

cheveey57

No it's useless. You want latest news in real time? Look at page one,at the newest posts.

Why would a traditional site want to be cutting edge with this new crap anyway? What's next? Can we be friends on Facebook?

8. Dumbest Re-Tweet ever. Only if you follow me back! :D
    No really I need some more people looking at my dumb tweets.

9. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

Fucking last job made us set up a twitter account. Never used it. Never will. HAHA.
    One thing though, here in Jersey the birds dont go tweet. They go CHOIP. Some funny shit indeed. if you tweet are you a twat? Slim

Last edited: Oct 11, 2011
  10. fifTsix

fifTsix
    from TEXAS

You have a Facebook account? :rolleyes:

11. Bobert

Bobert
    Member Emeritus

As an Old Fart, I can tell you I ain't go'in there.

12. rusty76

rusty76
    from Midway NC

Twitter what's twitter? Oh yeah.....

13. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Ummm... Don't look now, but The Jalopy Journal has literally been on the cutting edge of technology since the day we launched.... at least, relative to the rest of the industry.

Every day you login into TJJ/HAMB, you are logging on to some serious technology. In fact, I've got more in servers/hardware than all of my hot rods combined - I have to in order to support your traffic and your posts.

Sad part? We need more hardware... and we will soon be doing yet another major hardware upgrade.

14. Wow, I didn't realize that it cost that much to keep a place like this going. I have a new found respect for the crap you have to go through to keep it going. The power bill alone has to cost a fortune every month huh?

15. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

i can beta for you if you like. i've got two different android phones, one a little older, and one thats right up to date, so you could get memory and system performance numbers from two phones.... let me know El Guapo.

16. I love Twitter. I follow The Kardashians, Paris Hilton and The Hamb!............wow.

17. robleticia

robleticia

haha! Damn....the boss is quick with the come backs today! ok, but someone is going to have to teach me how to tweet! haha!

18. cheveey57

cheveey57

Are you fuckin' kidding me? No way but maybe you do huh?

19. Muttley

Muttley

I clicked on the link to see what it was all about and my computer froze, I guess it's trying to tell me something. Twitter sounds stupid anyway.

20. slepe67

slepe67

Ryan, I can almost see you squirming in your seat as you think to yourself exactly how to type this one out!

I'll take your word for it. No Twitter for this cat!

21. 34Fordtk

34Fordtk

Whats Twitter?!?!?!?! I thought a Twit was a bad thing........................

22. Flynn's_57

Flynn's_57
    from Nor*Cal

Oh thank goodness!

When people say "tweets" I think of tweedy bird.
    :D

23. Rehpotsirhcj

Rehpotsirhcj
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Nothing is immune from social networking.
    There's even a goddamn Facebook emblem on the back of my potato chip bag.
    Pass the foil please.

24. 43gman

43gman
    from NC

“. . . all this junk is destroying the world. . .”

“. . . it's funny because as more and more people become acclimated to the digital world, i am becoming increasingly less so. i never got twitter. i dont see the need for an iphone. zuckerburg's '1984 world', as you called it, scares me more each day, and i am on the edge of being done with that. the only thing that keeps me in any of it is the potential for marketing my work if i ever get around to that. and the only thing keeping me on the HAMB is the community. i still think at the root of it is the brotherhood that started it.

i know why you are doing it. and as a business decision i am sure it's the right one. but for me as an individual, i'm really starting to see the spooky side of it all.”

“No Twitter for this cat!”

I agree with all of these quotes from this thread. My first thought when I opened it was: “Fuck Twitter!” But then, maybe I’m just “old.” I mistrust all of the “sharing," "caring," and snooping into my private life sites. (My life ain’t that interesting anyway.)

All of that said, I’ve appreciated everything you’ve done since I first signed onto your site in 1998. You're post isn't “dumb;” maybe just “more progressive.” Being in tune with the happenings in the world today, I suspicion you younger fellas are a lot more hip than us grandpa’s will ever be. That’s okay. I'm diggin' “old,” today.

Carry on.

25. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

Hey man,
    Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.
    Time will tell, but so far your record sure seems to show you know what you are doing.
    Cheers.........

26. Rolleiflex

Rolleiflex

27. You're right....dumbest post ever.

28. So I guess I would need a cell phone Huh? Naw, I like things as they are. Guess I don't need something to look at every 5 seconds of the day. Carry on tweet people.

29. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

I hear the twitter word used alot, but have not yet found a reason as to why do people use it..

30. Thanks for the heads-up...following as of an hour ago...

Say what you want about the usefulness of Twitter but just tonight I won me a pair of Neon Garage Passes for any Indycar race next year from Randy Bernard by answering a trivia question on Twitter. 2012 Indy 500 garage hear I come.:cool: