Register now to get rid of these ads!

Crazy kid in the 50s chopped his parents car

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dirtpoor, Oct 11, 2011.

1. RichtersRodz

RichtersRodz

F-I-L had an old mid 50's Ford that he customized back when he was in college. He left
    home for a short spell, and when he came back, the car was gone. His parents sold his
    car and didn't tell him about it. He has told me that story several times, and I believe
    him, because I met his parents once, and they were really weird folks..

2. Wow, bunch of haters questioning whether it's true or not.....Just because you can't chop a top in a few days doesn't mean someone else couldn't.....you guys probably don't work on your own cars either.....

3. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

4. It's not a weird post, and it is a neat story. It's just that some on here have limited ability's and very little talent, so how would they be able to appreciate a story about a young guy back in the day with balls as big as grape fruit, or as dumb as a goose.

5. Where the hell did you read that he chopped the top in 8 hours. Read the story! They had all weekend to screw up the top. If the guys mom wouldn't ride in the car then that should tell you about what the dam thing probably looked like. I'd like to meet the guy, he sound like my kind of guy.

6. Magnum Wheel Man

Magnum Wheel Man

I got a 63 Rambler station wagon on my 13th birthday... my brother ( really more mechanical than I ) who was 11 at the time... was so mad he didn't get a car, even though I was both older, & it wasn't his birthday... asked my dad if he could have the early 60's chevy station wagon sitting in the woods...

... about noon the next day, my mom called my dad at work, asking if he said my little brother could have that car... my dad appearntly said "yes dear... that car hasn't run for years"... my mom cried out... "well he took off all the parts from my car, & he's driving it around the yard right now"

he had stripped off the battery, the carb, a bunch of the ignition, 3 of the 4 tires, & siphoned gas out of my moms car, & got the old beater running... my dad was so proud his 11 year old kid could do that, that he just bought new parts for my moms car...

of couse you give an 11 year old kid, & a 13 year old kid a pair of running cars, & a bunch of trails through the woods, & neither car was running ( or driveable ) a week later :eek:

but my younger brother started racing stock car ( street stock ) 2 years later, when he was 13... I waited a couple more years, & started racing when I was 17...

I don't know if the O.P's story is true or not, but my 11 year old brother was able to get a junker running in 4-5 hours, by robbing all the parts he needed off my mom's car... remember back when car parts would swap without needing a machine shop to do it :)

7. Hoosier Todd

Hoosier Todd

From what I know about teenagers, I'm surprised he convinced two of his friends to put down the video-game controllers for a whole weekend to help him out. . .

Obviously, I'm kidding but in all honesty, now-a-days, a dad would just be happy that his kid was interested in cars.

8. jipp

jipp

please re-read what i said.. i said imagine what he could do NOW.. i said 8 hours for a random amount of time... in jest.. i put a question mark after it thinking maybe someone would chime in on if it was possible, or maybe they have done it in 8 hours.. etc.. nothing more.. sorry to confuse anyone.

chris.

9. My apologies Jipp

10. jipp

jipp

its cool johnny, have a great day. :)

i suck with english , im sure wont be the last time i confuse someone.
    chris.

11. Cool story, but what an idiot !
    MIKE :)

12. xlr8er

xlr8er

Cool story!

Is it possible to chop a car that fast? I believe so!! My Model A was chopped in about 6 1/2 hours. Granted a Model A is a much easier chop but it IS possible!!

Keep the stories coming!

13. Bart 56

Bart 56

14. alwayzarat

alwayzarat

Awesome story!!!!

15. GEEZZER

GEEZZER

Photos look like the 50's to me,newest car around is that 57 Ford. I believe it. Back then,people had balls and a sense of humor.

16. LSGUN

LSGUN
    from TX

Thats some funny shit.

17. speedyg948

speedyg948

really great story,, nothing weird about,,just plain ass funny!

18. sirhc

sirhc
    from Boise, ID

Ha!

Great story, thanks for sharing.

19. flyin-t

flyin-t

I didn't say I doubted the story, I doubted the pictures. To me they look like new digi shots with the color taken out.

20. Chuckles Garage

Chuckles Garage
    Alliance Vendor

This thread is not weird at all. Don't hate, participate.

21. Smokey2

Smokey2

Hey Bud, Great Story............Next you're gonna' tell us,
    He went in tha' Service, Retired there as E-9, Got job at Post office.........Retired there !
    Now livin' in Fla., an has his own dock on the inlet waterway ????? Right.
    The friends I no, That got "In Trouble", had choice , Go To Jail, Or, Join the Service..........R now better off than Me!, an Hell........I've busted my arse off.....ALL
    ME Frikkin' Life.

THE END........Film at Eleven. Really Smoked

22. young'n'poor

young'n'poor
    from Anoka. MN

Cool story! Ill take it over whining and whats it worth threads anyday!

23. heatmiser

heatmiser
    from mia

or just some scanned old photos... funny how people on here will try to find a reason to be negative... great story!

24. thesupersized

thesupersized

wow, awesome story! and from these pics it looks the chop looks amazing, one of the best chopped 52-54 sedans i've seen....

25. eddie1

eddie1

In high school in the early eighties a friend pulled the 454 out of his dads
    1 ton & put it in his 307 Chevelle while his parent were out of town for 2 weeks. They came back a day early & I am sure he still has the scars from the beating he took.

26. Bill in Al

Bill in Al

Looking at the burned areas around the back bumper,he had flame throwers like we used to have in the '50s. Loved to get a tailgater!

27. My uncle owned a wrecking yard and got a new impala Cira 1970 with a 545 in with a rearend wasted. it was hunting season so they went hunting and I just kinda help my self to the big block. and fit in the 56 chevy complete with hammerd pass firewall. and 70 trans cross member in the old 56. well he came home and i told him i had got it in the 56 and he asked if it was tight I told him real tight he said good couse it was going in the old wrecker, I was 15 1/2 then I learned a good leason that day.

28. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

I dont doubt it a bit. Why not? I knew a dude in the Navy who went home on leave and his folks had moved. They both thought the other had sent the letter.

29. 510madmav

510madmav

That's such an awesome story.

30. erlomd

erlomd

how much did he buy the car back for?...my dad told me that back in 57 he bought a 47 nash for $45....lol
    great story! we need more of these around!