Register now to get rid of these ads!

1929 ford radiator for flathead v8

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BillyBobsSpeedShop, Oct 11, 2011.

1. BillyBobsSpeedShop

BillyBobsSpeedShop

2. 2935ford

2935ford

Reading carefully......right after the High performance paragraph........why does it also say "this radiator is for chevy engine"?
    I'm confused!
    I would get a phone # and do some talking.

3. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

All that SHOULD MEAN is that the radiator hose inlets and outlets are only 1 per tank rather than the 2 per tank a flattie would require, but I see the illustration is a four hose configuration so the mystery remains. Those upper hose connections look awful small like 49-53 only hose to me.

4. banjorear

banjorear

Man, do it once and do it right. Walker. Enough said.

5. 2935ford

2935ford

The other troubling statement is "The radiator is located in the U.S.A."
    To me, that does not mean "Made in the U.S.A."!

6. Ghost of ElMirage

Ghost of ElMirage

Remember you get what you pay for. WALKER has been around forever

7. BillyBobsSpeedShop

BillyBobsSpeedShop

yea ill probably get a walker

8. Rem

Rem

I'm pretty sure these are made in China, as they come up as shipped from there on the UK eBay.

9. chopper cliff

chopper cliff
    from lodi ca

I had 2 Walkers, 1 new, 1 used, had trouble with both, both were recored at the local rad shop, problem solved, good tanks though.

10. 28hiboy

28hiboy
    from Milton, Fl

I have never had any problems with my Walker radiators and I have had 3. Good product.

11. Well the English is really bad I am leary of anything where the English is bad. It smacks of somewhere on the African Continent. If they really have the radiators they no doubt fell off a truck, and it is obvoius that they donot know what they have. I mean really, it will handle 1000 HP for a flathead? Its for a Chevy. It is like the fella that rolls up at a show to look at your Galaxie and his brother had one just like it only his was a Stingray.

I would run in the other direction on this one as fast as possible. I would not look back that only slows you down.

Edit:

Let me clarify something when I say it smacks of somewhere on the African Continent I am alluding to those emails that float around that say something along the lines of I am in Nigeria and I am a Govt CPA. I can get 15,000,000 but I have to put it in an American Account and need 1,800 to transfer the funds. . .

12. BillyBobsSpeedShop

BillyBobsSpeedShop

Does any alliance vendors offer walker radiators at a discount?

13. Roupe

Roupe

I bought my 28 truck radiator from Superior Radiator in Michigan. Their Ebay name is dissrad. They gave me great service. They put in the flathead inlets and outlets and put the drain where I wanted it. MADE IN THE USA. Quality product, quick service, would buy again. Their phone number is 586 463 8722. Here is the ebay link
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1928...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item256833fcf1
    Walker radiators are also very good quality but $800 vs $300.

14. You get what you pay for; I have a stock 34 Ford; had it completely rebuilt and sized. It is great but it costs as much as a Walker.
    The guy in the next shop said " I will trade my new Walker and buy some pizza and beer for yours " If I didn't have a stock one in good condition I would use a Walker for my flathead 59Ab.
    That other one is bogus, you dod get what you $ for not " a great Epay deal "
    MTCW
    pilelish

15. woodypecker

woodypecker

I agree with Roupe. I used superior radiator in Michigan and was very happy with price and performance. It is local for me and I was able to see what I was getting.

16. Rob Paul

Rob Paul

Those chinese POS radiators are usually about $200-$250. I clicked buy it now once and got one in a box from china. What a piece os shit.

Oh yeah they will give you a refund if you spend $70 to ship it back to china!!

Still got it in my attic.

Find a REAL local radiator shop (not some ex-radiator shop that just sells new radiators) and have them build you a custom one to your specs.

I just had a 30 Model A radiator shortened 3" and recored with new necks for a 59A.

$300 and it was his core. Local shop. No more .com radiators for me.

17. poboyross

poboyross
    from West TN

I picked up one like this (Champion, PCS, etc) a couple years back for my 50 Chevy. Went in nice and easy, cooled like a champ, never had any problems. The only thing I didn't like was that the fins were a little thin for my liking. But hey, I couldn't argue for the price. With a family and a budget, it sure beat dropping $800. If I had that kind of cash to throw around, I would...but I don't. There is something to be said for quality, but the flip side is that there's also a lot to be said for paying for a name. It's up to you to decide who is doing what, what fits your budget/needs, and decide accordingly.

18. BillyBobsSpeedShop

BillyBobsSpeedShop

Is there any hamb vendors who offer a a dicount on walker or brassworks radiators?

19. Okie Pete

Okie Pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Check out the Brassworks they are Alliance Venders.

20. bobscogin

bobscogin

Not sure how you feel about an aluminum radiator, but I bought the one for my '29 AV8 rpu from PRC. They will build it to your specs and put the inlets/outlets where you want them. Right at $500 delivered to my door.

Bob