Register now to get rid of these ads!

Crazy kid in the 50s chopped his parents car

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dirtpoor, Oct 11, 2011.

1. dirtpoor

dirtpoor
    from maryland

Here is the story as I know it.This is a guy I have know and worked with for years.He lived in Pittsburgh when he did this.His Dad was working in Baltimore in the ship yards and his family would go see him on the weekends.Well he came up with a plan to chop his Moms car while she was gone. He planed this for weeks and got some torches from school and found a roof from a cab for metal.When he let his family off at the train station he had 2 guys with him.On the way home they tore out the headliner and unbolted the seats.He busted two windows trying to get then cut down.Well there is more to it but he got it done and when he picked his family up that Sunday his Mom would not ride in the car and took a bus home.He had to buy the the car from his Dad and then his Dad made him go into the service.This just one story from this guy he did all kinds of crazy car stuff.I'll try to posted the some pics that were taken in Annapolis MD when he was doing more work on it.

Attached Files:

2. caseyscustoms

caseyscustoms
    BANNED
    from st.joe, MO

Umm ok, Weird thread...

3. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

It was legal to beat your kids back then too, and I would have exercised that right ! :eek::D

Don

4. outlaw256

outlaw256

he was lucky id would have kicked his ass to hell and back.

5. dirtpoor

dirtpoor
    from maryland

I know I'm not a great writer but I thought it was a neat story.Why is it a weird post? Just wondering.

6. junk yard kid

junk yard kid

My dad has a story about a friend of his in high school (graduated in '59) that took the motor out of his dads new t-bird over the weekend and put it in his hot rod. The dad made him put it back of course. I always loved that story.

7. Friend of mine had his parents car while they were away and with a buddies help got torched and wrapped it around a pole. His mom wasn't able to drive it any longer and he had to take a bus home to.

Pft! Parents just don't understand cool!

8. gasheat

gasheat
    from Dallas

Guess the father wanted to chop the car himself.

9. SulphuriousSam

SulphuriousSam

Wasnt' weird to me. I chuckled thinking of the arse whoopin he probably got from dear old dad the yard worker haha.

10. seventhirteen

seventhirteen
    from dago, ca

it's weird to see a post with an old picture and a story on the HAMB, can we get back to the threads of crying, complaining and tweeting now?

11. Gigantor

Gigantor

My dad would have curb stomped me. Still, all things considered, it doesn't look too bad. Neat story!

12. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

I`d be happy if my kid chopped our current daily driver. But the wife might get mad.

13. zmcmil2121

zmcmil2121

This is the best story I have heard here in a while. Can you imagine the work that took? One weekend, and a killer chop. Too bad that his parents didn't like it.

14. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

One of the better stories I've read in a while. I think it's pretty funny.

15. sounds like a guy who worked in the ship yards would handle this with some ass whipping.

16. Bigdaddyhemi

Bigdaddyhemi

All I know is if my son had done this I would have praised him for his talent and encouraged him to carry on as a fabricator. As for his mom oh well we would find her something different. :D

17. jipp

jipp

great story.. its a nice chop for a rush job.. i bet the kid got a few beatings.. i know i did and never choped my moms car i did borrow it for a night and got busted and my friends dad beat his son and me. my mom gave my friends parents right to slap me around if i was in any kind of trouble.. yeah, she used the 2" belt.. at any rate iv never been in prison.. and still breathing so.. i thank them. :D
    chris

18. dirtpoor

dirtpoor
    from maryland

He is still alive and has done fabrication most of it.The stories he can tell are cool.He goes to the jalopyrama almost every year.He has offered to help guys with chops but nobody takes him up on his offer.

19. pretty cool story......at least the dad didnt make him sell the car!!!

20. rusty28a

rusty28a

Thumbs up bud!

21. jipp

jipp

surprised no one has taken him up on his offer to help.. guess they do not really want a chop.. if he did that as a kid.. can only imagine what he can do now.. a chop in 8 hours? heh.

chris.

22. BEAR

BEAR

i call bull shit seems like someone is just trying to be cool and is not

23. The Continental

The Continental
    from Texas

Too bad he doesn't still have it.

24. Rich Wright

Rich Wright

It's not a weird post....

There was a teenaged kid my older brothers age in our neighborhood...a good striper and painter. Over a period of time he pinstriped pretty much everything inside his Mom's house that wasn't bolted down...and some that were....refrigerator, coffee table, TV, etc, etc.

His Mom bought a '56 Crown Vic off the showroom floor and made the mistake of leaving it the driveway once while she was gone. I can't remember how long...one day, two...??...but, with the help of some buddies, when she got home it was lowered, nosed and decked and had a full on early Watson style scallop job, complete with all the pin striping done...

I recall she was pretty pissed off, but he did good work and it looked about as cool as it could (at least in my 7 year old eyes). She drove the car for quite a while like that....

25. Bigdaddyhemi

Bigdaddyhemi

A close fabricator friend of mine just did a chop in 5 hrs including tacking all of the tin in place, this did not include stitching it together or finishing for primer. That is a ton of work to do in 8hrs for two or three guys. I will bet that the primer was still wet when he went to pick his folks up. It is a great story but probably just that a story or a fairytale...lol

26. Lonnie9fingers

Lonnie9fingers
    from Tomball tx

I think it's prety bad ass!!! Nobody can say they did that when they were little...

27. dirtpoor

dirtpoor
    from maryland

This all true it not bullshit.He got then to the train Friday morning and picked them up Sunday night.That is a little over 2 days.He painted the roof with a pump up bug sprayer.He did get his ass beat.If you don't believe the story Ok but I'm trying to be cool in anybodies eyes.Just thought I would tell a cool old story that is all.

28. BISHOP

BISHOP

I think its a great story, and your buddy should get on here and tell more. I know folks like him.

29. flyin-t

flyin-t

Are you saying that these pictures were taken in the 1950's?

I don't believe it.

[​IMG]

30. Mike51Merc

Mike51Merc

That's almost as good a story as the time Fonzie hot-rodded Howard's DeSoto so Richie could drag race it!