Register now to get rid of these ads!

wire harness recomendation

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by harley rider, Oct 8, 2011.

1. harley rider

harley rider

planing to re wire our 39 sedan .looking for recomendations of companies that make custom wiring kits.

2. AHotRod

AHotRod

American Autowire is the Best.

3. 37_chevy

37_chevy
    from Nebraska

I used an EZ Wire kit a few years ago and I think it worked fine, although I have not used any others. A buddy who builds a lot of cars also uses them.

4. Special Ed

Special Ed

Do a search. This subject has been covered on here a hundred times, or more. It would also be wise (if you want to save a few $) to puchase from one of the alliance members on here, who offer discounts to fellow HAMBers... :)

5. 4tford

4tford

I used painless wire on my 40. Well built using crosslink insulation on the wires. Stay away from the harnesses that use pvc type insulation, they do not hold up to the heat or abrasion that crosslink type insulation does.

6. loco_gringo

loco_gringo

I used one from Speedway Motors... great price, easy to install, and seems to be adequate quality.

7. Bigchuck

Bigchuck
    from Austin, TX

I wired an OT El Camino for a guy with an EZ harness. My only complaint was having to use a magnifing glass to read the id on the wires. Probably not an issue for guys with eyes under 40.

8. The Sedan Delivery will be the 3rd car that I have wired using REBEL wire that I bought from HAMB member tugmaster...I forget more & more things every day (CRS)so I stick with what I know.
    Plus if I have a question(which I often do) I can call the seller and get an instant answer.

9. choptvan

choptvan

I rec painless or haywire.com. Seems more expensive, but the painless kit comes with all the connectors and things you need. Most other kits do not. By the time you spend all the money on the connectors, you should have just bought a one of these other kits. Haywire.com has good harnesses as well. Those come with switches and connectors. Even better kit IMO. Shop a lot. See what you need. How many circuits, what switches etc. Make it easier on yourself the 1st time around. I do this everyday so if you need assistance, PM me for more details.

10. raidmagic

raidmagic

I've used Rebel harnesses in two cars now and am building a 48 Pilot house that will be getting one as well. I have also wired two friends cars with painless setups and they were nice but I prefer the Rebel kit. Along with good product Tugmaster here goes way above and beyond in the help catagory.

11. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

I vote Rebel Wire... I'm not a fan of Painless...

12. Used an EZ kit in my pick-up it was a no brainer,even for me....and i'm the wrong side of 40....
    Get yer eyes tested....:rolleyes: :D

13. 35mastr

35mastr
    from Norcal

What does the Rebel kit come with?

14. jipp

jipp

Haywire.com this is the wrong address.. it takes you some addiction webpage.. blah, we all need our vices.
    chris.

15. Thanks for the kind words. Todd

16. 39 Ford

39 Ford

I threw out my Painless kit, and did my own. It is so much simpler than a kit, why have 100's of unneeded wires. I have one wire where a kit would use 4.

17. WZ JUNK

WZ JUNK
    from Neosho, MO

Try this link www.haywireinc.com/

I use his stuff all the time and I recomend it to others. There are many other manufactures that offer good products also.

John

18. hotrodharry2

hotrodharry2
    from Michigan

I tried to use EZ wire, Had tons of problems, pulled it out and put in Haywire. I've used several Haywire kits with no issues!

19. 26 roadster

26 roadster

have never used a kit, no help from me

20. nexxussian

nexxussian

I've only used American Autowire, but have never had a problem with them.

21. Rebel Wire, who's here on the HAMB is who I'll go to next time I get a wirining job at my shop

Attached Files:

22. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

I'm about 90% finished installing my Rebel Wire 9+3 kit. It is well built, was a piece of cake to run and the kit, connectors and shipping to Hawaii cost less than $190. Its a great product.

23. harley rider

harley rider

thanks for all the info guys .looks like rebel wire may be the place to go.

24. Jay Tyrrell

Jay Tyrrell

I agree! I bought the kit for my 55 chevy. It was so simple. I am not about the wiring thing and I found the step by step instructions so easy to follow. I know with the kit that I used it had all the sockets and ends. They even give you a practise kit of ends to practise on before you start. Just remember to follow the instructions step by step and don't skip ahead.
    J

25. harley rider

harley rider

your reply reminds me of a story about a guy who always buts in but never has anything worth while to say.thanks to everyone else who had a worth while suggestion.

26. Jay Tyrrell

Jay Tyrrell

Nicely said!
    Hey Harley Rider! Did you just buy a Hurst Indy shift handle from me off Ebay??
    J

27. waldo53

waldo53
    from ID

You might want to check out mj40's progress, he's in the wiring phase of his '40 p.u. build. Take a look at the last photo entries, you can see what the EZ kit looks like as he's wiring it up.

28. JeffB2

JeffB2
    from Phoenix,AZ

Rebel Wire,all made right here in the U.S.A. by a fellow H.A.M.B. member who is as near as your phone if you need help and offers a H.A.M.B. discount besides,why would you go anywhere else??

29. Based on what I have heard here on the board, I will be using a Rebel Wire kit for my truck when I get around to that point of the project.

30. ryno

ryno

Yet another vote for rebel
    Give them,Todd or bob a call and just ask some questions, I think you'll make up your mind real quick after talking with either of them. Good dudes