Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My Model A Truck will soon Scream under new Power

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Littleman, Oct 15, 2007.

1. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

Tman, it's a SuperBell...........the front end did come up fairly high....The Truck has never seen air like this before...Littleman Dave

2. jipp

jipp

just watched the videos on the last page.. truck looks like she is a hand full. if you aint paying attention she will bite.. and that axle is bent to shit. laughs, means you are having more fun that s hould be legally allowed :p
    thanks for sharing.. have to smile at how hard that ruck hooks up,
    chris.

3. Thats about as straight as a banana. :eek: Man you sure are having way to much fun with this truck. :D

4. 61falcon

61falcon

will you make it to the gasser race at thompson next weekend?

5. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

I am shooting for it.....I should have the front end tore down after work tomarrow...I hope....Littleman

6. Hot Rod Bob

Hot Rod Bob
    from T-ville Ky

7. modelacitizen

modelacitizen

for some reason it's comforting to see that the axle bent and didn't snap.

8. Always a treat to see what it does after each change!

9. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

What the hell dude!!! hahahahaha

10. american opel

american opel
    from ohio

i got to watch it from the starting line and it was wicked!!!!!!!! i would say the frontend came up about 3-4ft before gravity took over and brought it back to earth.did the incar cam work?thats one i would like to see from inside the car as well!!!!hope to see you next weekend.

11. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

Video found.....not too bad..for no engine set-back and with all that weight on the front end..takes some real HP to lift that....I got out of it because I have no back bumper like most of them tall gassers use and no wheelie bars, never thought this Truck would do this...The axle did not like it...Littleman

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3L9M7G4NYOU?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3L9M7G4NYOU?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

12. ShakeyPuddin55

ShakeyPuddin55

It would've rode out nicely if you stayed in it and just shifted to high gear when it came up. Lifting during a wheelie almost always has a worse outcome than just riding it out.

13. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

Actually all I did was lift on the nitrous button and it fell...I hit the button just after I launched, I need to roll out even more or stick bars on it..I learn something new each trip to the track...goodtimes, now I must go and finish removing the old axle....Littleman

14. DirtyJohn

DirtyJohn

It's easy to second guess what "mighta" been the best thing to do after the fact. I have watched all your videos for some time now and I think your a helluva driver. Jeff Beck (7 Deadly Sins) my personal hero and one cool hombre has been pulling some big ass wheelies for a while now. Same deal...no wheelies bars and he rode them out just as pretty as you please until one finally went 12 o'clock on him. He lifted for an instant and when the car came back to 10 o'clock he restabbed it only to have his engine cut out. Guess what? Yep...bent axle. Beats the shit out of going over on your head. I know that guy is on top of it and if it can happen to him it can happen to anybody. No time to phone a friend in those circumstances. Hahaha! I think you did good but then again I'm a nutjob.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2011
  15. VonKool13

VonKool13

RAD! Now get to fixin...you got some more wheelies to do!

16. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

New axle and spring are in and its back on the ground, just need to measure and set the tie rod toe......re-mount brakes and double check everything...Then put it back up in the air and give the entire Truck a good look... need the weather to be nice....Littleman

Thanks DirtyJohn.....

17. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Go Dave Go! Looks like fun!

18. american opel

american opel
    from ohio

are you going to thompson this weekend?looks like its going to be nice.

19. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

I have wheelie bars now.....I hope the weather works out, parking will be tough if they go ahead w/ this weekend, we have had too much rain this week !..............Littleman Dave

20. hog mtn dave

hog mtn dave

Wheelie bars will take that thought of flipping over backwards out of the back of your mind when you launch and get your 60' down to 1.20. Good luck this weekend if the weather holds.

21. KING CHASSIS

KING CHASSIS

Wow Dave!!!! Cool. Your truck is haulin ass!!!

22. nickk

nickk

yeah that was sweet!

23. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

I think my street driven chassis is finally pissed off and will not take the power w/ out allot of modifications..Made [2] passes today and could not complete a pass. Hell I could not even make it clean past the 60' mark...I was out of the gas... just as fast as I mashed the fun pedal....Highlight of my day was watching Ross Racing ''Tony'' make a pass in his Olds Powered Digger !! They only allowed 1/8 mile passes today due to the huge amount of rain we got all this week, the track was weeping too much h2o while drying out.....Littleman

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cySidZbir7U?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cySidZbir7U?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NvS-nDXp4GU?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NvS-nDXp4GU?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

Last edited: Oct 22, 2011
  24. american opel

american opel
    from ohio

i didnt think you were going?my friend drove buy at about 9 am and said there was only about 20 cars so i didnt go.i figured the track was going to suck with the overcast and 50deg temp!!did anyone else go?

25. GOATROPER02

GOATROPER02
    from OHIO

^^^^^^ I went 4.61 and a 4.68 both at 152 and change on the 1/8

I give the track crew a big thumbs up as they worked hard all day!!

Tony

26. belair

belair

WOW-looks like you had time of it. Still cool stuff.

27. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

You got that right !....Jim Kurtis [sp?] does not give up very easy...He works very hard for a track manager..........Tony...you where flying....proof their was nothing wrong w/ the 1/8 mile prep...my chassis just can not handle what I am trying to transfer through it...Littleman Dave

I am on the fence ...whether or not to continue to play w/ the Truck or pull the motor and focus on the new car........

28. Saxxon

Saxxon

Here's my call... for what it's worth
    The truck is no longer handling properly when you throw a snot load of power at it. In my book that means it's not safe and you'll end up frustrated and pissed off that you are fighting it rather than having fun. You ran the 9, met your goal(s), now step back and make a new goal. You've said from the start it was never intended to be a race truck

Focus on the new car. Every dime and hour you spend with the truck is a dime and hour you are not spending on the new project. Put less power in the truck, keep it safe and have fun racing while you build the new beast. (Or finish Death's Doorstep...)

29. Time for a "Jungle Jim" Vega-rant!

I am glad to see the truck run like it did with the six deuces... but as it was mentioned by you and others... time to retire the multi-carb test race truck to the streets where it really belongs and build a real race car with a real chassis designed for that purpose.