Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs 49-52 Chevy Chops with Extended Catwalk?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Sam Navarro, Mar 19, 2011.

1. BICKFORD

BICKFORD
    BANNED
    from CA

Well Sam was asking for chopped sedans. Jesus's car is a coupe, but they did extend the catwalk on his chevy. Jesus's chevy is AMAZING!!! They also took out the entire belt line from the car.

2. BICKFORD

BICKFORD
    BANNED
    from CA

To me it doesn't make that much of a difference on the flow of the chop. the really hard part if you extend the catwalk is the beltline. getting that to curve around and have the trim look right.

i would say go threw every folder on RIK's sight looking for 49-52 chevys. there are a lot of ways to chop these cars. some to me are awesome and some are just wrong. i shopped mine 4" in front and 5" in the back. i didn't like how the stock window laid. so it took another month to find window i really liked. if i would have maybe done a 3'' front and 4'' in the rear. the stock window might have looked better.

jason

3. Sam Navarro

Sam Navarro

Well I'll be damned! I have always thought it was a coupe, do you have a exact side shot of this car by any chance? I would like to work with some photoshop with it. I really do appreciate and take your advice.

Sam

4. Thanks BJR.
    The credit goes to my good friend Miguel from the STRAYS C.C. He did the chop on this ride about 5 yrs ago. Progress has been slow but it's getting there.

Frank

5. BICKFORD

BICKFORD
    BANNED
    from CA

Sam- i don't have any side shots of that chevy. I do have Tom's email address. I'll write him and see if he will send me a few pictures of side profile. Also he is in the Beatniks. My neighbor is one also. So i'll ask him to talk with Tom. I do have the measurements of the highest of different points of his car. i told you i really studied this car.

jason

6. RF

RF

Should'a looked a wee bit closer when you saw it gutted at Roger's. That '53 has always been a two-door sedan--except for the brief time it spent "roofless" while Todd contemplated a Carson top. Todd wisely put the two-door top back on along with a '49 Plymouth backlite.

7. BICKFORD

BICKFORD
    BANNED
    from CA

HAHAHAHA!! Sorry Rob. Maybe i got that roof confused with what had really happened with the car. I thought Roger said it was a for door or maybe he did say the roof was from another car. I wanted Roger to do my car, but from what he said about a year ago. He isnt doing any more upholstery. Also i can cant afford what he wanted.

8. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

if you don't overchop your car you don't need to extend the catwalk. I've seen too many 49-52's that look like zippy the pinhead. feel free to google zippy the pinhead.

9. FiddyOneRedrum

FiddyOneRedrum

10. scottydc

scottydc
    from Waco TX

Thats exactly how I want to do mine! Whos car is this?? Any more pics?

11. BadLuck

BadLuck

heres mine..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. scottydc

scottydc
    from Waco TX

Is it just me or does it look like he cut the rear window frame down too?

13. BICKFORD

BICKFORD
    BANNED
    from CA

T he rear window looks cut to me also. It looks good too!

14. scottydc

scottydc
    from Waco TX

It does look good, but the thought of cutting my windshield is enough to make me cringe... Id much rather avoid cutting a rear glass too..

15. BadLuck

BadLuck

i agree :)

Attached Files: