Register now to get rid of these ads!

Look-look-look old cars!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ford6man27, Oct 7, 2011.

1. ford6man27

ford6man27

I can,t believe this is not already on the HAMB but if it is I must have missed it. I tried to buy stuff from Mr. Whitely for 40 years and could not even buy a bolt or nut from him. He just did not sell anything. Well, he passed away and now his entire collection is up for auction. You can,t believe the cars you will see. Over 200 and nearly all of them are collecter type cars. I will try to post a picture of my favorite and a link to the auction. When you get on the auction site look for a link to the video of some of the cars.

Andy
    PS. Look for Whitely Collection- Westville, Ok.

www.vanderbrinkauctions.com

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Deuces

Deuces

He probably thought he was going to fix all those up one day....... :rolleyes:

3. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

for anyone who thinks there is something wrong with that... well there is something wrong with you.

great collection.

4. 40 & 61 Fords

40 & 61 Fords

Looks like a lot of nice cars went to shit because somebody was "going to restore them one day". What's really sad, is that some of them look to have been restored before they were left out to rot. There sure is some nice, RARE stuff there.

5. DJLATIN

DJLATIN

there's a lot of good stuff in there.

6. PhilJohnson

PhilJohnson

Hopefully those cars will finally get the attention they deserve.

7. Shit yea there is some seriously beautifil and rare tin mixed in with that auction,I could go me the 35 convertable, Sure hope they go to good homes.

8. LOWCAB

LOWCAB
    from Houston

Some fantastic cars in there.

9. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Nice collection. Something for everyone. It's a shame he never invested in a crate-load of tarps...

10. pumpman

pumpman

I'm glad he saved them, most of those would have gone to a scrapper, we owe him a thanks for saving a lot of American metal.

11. wow....just wow...

Yall see that '35 Ford?

[​IMG]

12. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

yes but if some crusty ole curmudgeon didnt save these cars when they were thought of as cheap junk , we would have nothing to play with or drool over now , his favorite words probably were , get off my lawn !

13. Pharouh

Pharouh

Reminds me of that old saying " The guy that dies with the most toys wins"

I think we have a winner!

14. UNCLECHET

UNCLECHET

Wow! I hope all those cars go to good homes. Some neat stuff!

15. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

Some guys keep cars because it keeps the dream alive that they will"fix 'em up someday", sell the cars.......end of dream.

16. clubcoupe37

clubcoupe37

I love this '37 cabriolet or roadster?...and like that Vicky as well...lot of rare stuff just rusting away..sad!

Attached Files:

17. Should not be a shortage of project cars in the midwest this winter. Some very cool stuff guys.

18. atomickustom

atomickustom

That's not a collection, that's a testament to what happens to nice old cars if you leave them sitting out in the open for decades letting them turn to rust!
    I went to a smaller but similar auction last year (except the guy was still alive) and most of the cars were obviously very nice when he bought them and all of them had major problems from just sitting for all those years.

Guys like that don't "save" cars, they turn condition #2 cars into #4 and #5 cars.

I hope some HAMBers get great deals at the auction.

19. adamshumard

adamshumard

How do you even collect that many cars.......... wow

20. I know where that,s at! I used to live at siloam springs. I think ill go it! would be worth the trip just to see it. For all of the sitting and rotting not for sale crowd. Now is your chance the scrap guys will be there. you will have to give a little more than the scrap man. And maby a whole lot more if your bidding against some other hobbist collectors. However here is your chance to put you money to use . With that much there will surly be some bargains! This stuff will be gone it would be a shame to see it crushed.:eek: OldWolf

21. Larry W

Larry W
    from kansas

Sorry nailhead 29A ,That baby's mine. maybe the 36.

22. <----Thinking about going.

23. realkustom51

realkustom51

Everybody is lucky but me.

24. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

you are right. they should have been crushed before the value went up to what it is today. what was I thinking???

25. Slick Willy

Slick Willy

umm 32 or model A?
    [​IMG]

26. Kustom Komet

Kustom Komet

Dozen or so decent projects there, mainly because of rarity as opposed to condition, which is not good. Most of the rest will probably go to the highest bidding scrap dealer or demo derby guys.

-KK

27. Slick Willy

Slick Willy

some of those bigger cars got to be rare birds!

28. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

pretty sure that's A, bill.

29. brad chevy

brad chevy

Why is it that everytime a thread comes up about a guy having a huge stash of cars that he is referred to as a crusty old bastard for doing it and never does anyone mention the hundreds of cheap ass lowballers that try to steal his shit. The sames guys that look down on these guys are the same ones that always give the excuse that its to far away,when its only 200 miles. Then bitch and whine when the scrapper buys it all. Come on fellows this is a free country and nobody owes you nothing. More power to the guy. Rest in Peace and thanks for saving them from the scrap yard.

30. Right on, brother. Remember scrap is $250-$325 a ton depending on location, nothing is going to go too cheap, but something like that half-A coupe with the quarters no one repops is worth dropping $300 on to beat out a scrapper any day.