Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration ****/// kustom friday art show - 10-6 \\\****

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BOMONSTER, Oct 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Theo:HotRodGod

Theo:HotRodGod

2. bbb

bbb

I may not always post but I always look in to enjoy the Friday goodness!

Here's some recent magazine work from me, some of the tearsheets of the Hayride coverage, still more to come yet. First up my article in Street Gasser Magazine, I wrote the article for this one too.

[​IMG]
    NSRA-Page-1-and-2 by NickGrant.co.uk, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    NSRA-Page-3-and-4 by NickGrant.co.uk, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    NSRA-Page-5-and-6 by NickGrant.co.uk, on Flickr

"When something as popular as the Hayride undergoes change there is always a lot of speculation in the run up to the event. the announcement following last years Hayride that the Executioners would no longer be helping with the organisation left many people worried about the future. Add to the mix that the NSRA Super and Mopar Nats both took place on the same weekend as the Hayride and fuel was added to the fire.
    As I rolled into Bisley it was apparent that this years Hayride was bigger than ever before, just as many European clubs were represented as previous years and they all seem to have brought their friends. Many of the accommodation areas had sold out in advance. The show field policy of pre-66 styled cars and bikes was (mostly) maintained and it was bursting at the seams.

The Detonators Car Club stepped up to organise the Saturday afternoon entertainment and the dirt track was replaced with quarter mile flag start heads up Drag Racing at Dunsfold Aerodrome. Cars and bikes were separated into classes, knock out rounds took place and then the winners of each group raced each other. Not as many cars got to race as would have liked so I hope next year they will be able to accommodate more. I’d also like to see more burnouts, if Clarkeson can do it we should be able to too. The quickest car of the day (which also beat the quickest bike) was a 32 Sedan, but this was no American Blue Oval it was a Morris with a Union Jack on the roof and it came off the line like a scalded cat. The prizes were handed out by burlesque beauty Anna Fur Laxis and then the racing was rounded off with Lang racing a WWII Dakota Bomber in his 32 Roadster, another victory for 32s.

I had fully intended to check out the bands on Saturday night but I was kidnaped by French, Belgians, English and Welsh and forced to drink beer and Jack Daniels while watching three generations of Dutchmen dancing in cloggs in front of the pavilion. I kid you not. I blearily stumbled from my tent on Sunday morning to check out the Swap Meet, browse the Trade Stalls and then prepared for the spectacle of the Soap Box Derby. This resulted in another victory for a 32, this time a scale wooden sedan.
    There was no need for trepidations about the Hayride, the foundations are strong and Anna, Jerry and the Detonators did an outstanding job of continuing the legacy. I’m just glad that the Hot Rod scene in the UK is so strong that it can support three major events on one weekend, there’s something to keep everyone happy."

Next up the article in Classic American, this was a Hot Rod Photographers Alliance collaboration with Neal Reed. Keith Harman wrote the article.

[​IMG]
    Classic American 01 by NickGrant.co.uk, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Classic American 02 by NickGrant.co.uk, on Flickr

There were also a couple of shots in Custom Car, still to be published is the Old Skool Rodz article, I gave different shots to all of the magazines.

3. Erlomd- lookin' good
    Stev8- Very fine dedication- gracious response to what is obviously grief beyond imagining.

4. Great show so far folks.

I finally have something on topic to show. I donated an illustration to our JDRF raffle at work and the guy that won it wanted an illustration of his dad's '49 Ford Convertible. Here it is...

[​IMG]

Of course I had to do a mild custom version of it too...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 7, 2011
  5. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

If anyone wants to participate in the art show/auction that runs in conjunction with Vintage Torque Fest - please let me know.
    We will send contributing artists a 2 foot tall Rat Fink.
    So far 3 sheets, Big Toe, Todd Jones, and about 15 others have stated they would contribute. But we are hoping to get more artists involved.
    We hope that if you commit to the art show that you will actually participate. These Rat Finks were NOT free and they cost about $10-$13 to ship.
    All proceeds from the auction:
    Hannah Wells Medical Trust
    email me at [email protected]
    more details
    http://p4.hostingprod.com/@vintagetorque.com/ARTShow.html

[​IMG]

6. gabo

gabo
    from france

Here's some recent jobs .... :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Limefire

Limefire
    from Ohio

A recent piece for a car show t-shirt, the other car in the design was a newer tricked out Challenger so I'll pass on posting the full design.

[​IMG]

8. ncjamey

ncjamey

great show today... i beadrolled this one last week.

Attached Files:

• 015.jpg
      015.jpg
      File size:
      494.9 KB
      Views:
    • 018.jpg
      018.jpg
      File size:
      482.8 KB
      Views:
    • 019.jpg
      019.jpg
      File size:
      492.8 KB
      Views:
  9. Coolstuff, I'm still in!

Great stuff, guys! Nothing from me this week, but I'm shooting to have my "Bad Penny" cruiser bike together for next week!

10. boss245

boss245

HOLY COW! What a first page!! It's like the walk of stars! Then, on the second page, it CONTINUES!

Very inspiring!

My offering-

[​IMG]

11. melsfine39

melsfine39

Took this at drags. Done on the side of the trailer for the matching car. Mel:D

Attached Files:

12. Jigger- the BETA was conceptu-eel:rolleyes:..
    Maaate, the ZETA was (is) FOR REAL:eek:!!!

This is a true story.
    I live in Adelaide, down Under. Back in '62-3, it was where GM-Holden, and Chrysler had their big plants. Anyway, a local company, Lightburn, was making Industrial & electrical goods, cement mixers, wheelbarrows and the like. And so, they figured on making a car thier next swingin' success.
    And the result- the Lightburn Zeta. 350CC 2 STROKE, 'GLASS BODY. To go reverse you switched the engine off and switched it the other way. I've seen it done. 3 reverse speeds. These 'cars' were flimsy & slow. Around 350 were made before the curtain fell..
    About the time they were released under a fledgling dealer network, BMC were dealing with an explosion in demand for their brilliant Mini minor. They sold millions. Soon, the Cooper Mini arrived. Comparison with the Zeta is , well..
    I bought an ex-works Zeta shell in '84, from a wrecker here, for $20. My 'plan' was a D/A Holden six drag altered. Never happened- I donated the shell to a local school, for the kids to play in.
    Still, at least a couple were turned into altereds on strips in Australia. And I still think they make a super lil' drag car.
    So, here's cheers to the little car that- ...oh well; the ZETA;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lightburn

Attached Files:

13. dustdevil

dustdevil
    from illinois

Looks great so.far everyone. Bo,Todd to mention a couple. Didn't get pics of my latest striping. Make sure to come.by the indoor vendor booths tomorrow at the pile up and buy some sweet automotive art from myself and other great artists!! Gonna be a good show with awesome weather!!

14. Tommy's Cycle

Tommy's Cycle
    from So Cal

Warbird Bomb just finished. Also been spinning some coin knobs out of 6061 aluminum. Coins are original circa 1920 & 1930's.

Attached Files:

15. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

Great start everyone.

Another work in progress for me this week.
    [​IMG]

16. Lucky3

Lucky3

Bomonster.....Waaaaay Bitchin' !

17. Nice stripes GV! Looks like there's a little orange in there, too!

18. KScooter

KScooter
    from California

I just came in for a quick look, and now I'm late for work. Thanks a lot guys...

[​IMG]

19. rrbrucea

rrbrucea

Hope y'all will forgive this one for being slightly off topic... but it's a car several of us got together and did kind of an "Overhauling" type rebuild for a kid who had cancer. He just lost his battle yesterday and it's breaking my heart. The guy only made it to 30. Cancer sucks! So here's one for Eli Ault, rest well buddy, no more pain!

[​IMG]

20. onearmbandit

onearmbandit

Here is a bike I did yesterday.
    I hope you guys in the north east can make it out to our show tomorrow The Hot Rod Fallout
    hotrodfallout.com
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

21. judd55

judd55
    from B.C.

'nother box ...............

[​IMG]

22. Charlie, YOU ARE THE MAN! Nice lines, sir!

I wanna be this good when I grow up! :D

23. NateGreco

NateGreco

Thank God it's Friday! Great start, love the T-Bird Bo..superclean, Jigger...adding the color looks great, can't wait to see it all finished! Here's my contribution, these are my new "WRECKED STICKERS" that I'll be debuting at the Hot Rod Reunion along with some Tee shirts! Hope you guys dig em, make your own pileup

[​IMG]

24. graverobber63

graverobber63
    Alliance Vendor

Nate your art is mind blowing man!

25. 1320Paul

1320Paul

Here's a Stromberg drawn on some old 8x10 Roco Oil paper.

Attached Files:

26. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

27. WhAT HE SAID....CAUSE i CAN'T THINK OF ANY WORDS THAT ARE GOOD ENOUGH TO DESCRIBE !

28. In honor of this weekends 10th and final Hunnert Car Pile Up I went back into the Mongo archives and grabed some shots from some of the previous shows.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  29. Chalk up...err scratch up another great piece...stellar!

30. killer stuff Jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.