Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration ****/// kustom friday art show - 10-6 \\\****

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BOMONSTER, Oct 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BOMONSTER

BOMONSTER

[​IMG]

Since the Motorama and Billetproof I've been thinking a lot about kustoms lately. Bill Schneider owns this '58 bird and hired me to scratch it. I liked it so much I kinda hated giving it up.

2. bowtie40

bowtie40

Way bitchin'

3. 57 Corvette ~ Bob

57 Corvette ~ Bob

4. ToddJ

ToddJ
    from Marion, IA

Here's my latest...[​IMG]

5. peter johnson

peter johnson

Corvette Bob,probably my favourite ever!!!!!!!

6. ALLISON

ALLISON

Missed the last few weeks, done plenty while Ive been away though!!!! First 4 are my new shirt designs for TRJ, they will be available before Christmas:)... and, if you haven't yet... check out the newest issue, it has an awesome write up on My Buddies Take Out T and even includes a full spread of my phony bolony instruction sheet for it:)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Buick59

Buick59
    from in a house

For those who are planning to attend the Hot Rod Reunion at Famosa. Here a couple of shots from years past...to whet your appetite.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. ALLISON

ALLISON

Next up... the 2011 Jalopyrama product pint size can art!.... better make that show effin' you can:)

[​IMG]

9. ALLISON

ALLISON

Something I put together for A&W of Canada, available through any Canadian location I assume?!..... I still think it shoud'a had the Root Bear on it!

[​IMG]

10. ALLISON

ALLISON

This is the web art for the 2012 Spokane Auto Boat Speed Show... This year will feature an entire room dedicated to the Inland Emperors... I totally can not wait for this show!!... the logo is dedicated to our lost friend Claude, one of the greatest guys I have ever known

[​IMG]

11. proartguy

proartguy
    from Sparks, NV

I would like to thank Steve Jobs for the great tool I use for illustration. Although others made computers and graphic capabilities available Apple made itself the graphic standard platform. He started in his parents garage and became a huge success through innovation. Sounds a lot like what hot rodders strive for.

No fincky Rapidograph ink pens, stinky markers or constant airbrush color changing anymore. The computer replaced those tools for me starting in 1989. I realize that some think the use of the computer is not real art - "computer rendered". I wish it was that easy. But the computer is just another tool - it produces only what the artist does.

So, here is my rendition of Reno, Nevada 1957, the cruise scene well before Hot August Nights. I did this as a 14" X 20" print

First is the line art I do.

[​IMG]

Then the final art.

[​IMG]

www.hotrodartwork.com

12. ALLISON

ALLISON

And finally... (I think)... 2 concept ideas for the "tick"s new 32 project.... on the cheap.. sorry about the pics, they are crappy phone shots of large illustrations... the color went really wacko:(

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. GaryC.

GaryC.

Hot Rod/Hot Chick
    Bobber and a different kind of car show model.

Attached Files:

14. 57 Corvette ~ Bob

57 Corvette ~ Bob

Thank you Peter ...glad you liked it.

Great work by all again this week ........proartguy, very cool computer artwork.

15. ALLISON

ALLISON

This one was for a friend that lost his battle with cancer last week... he had recently bought an econoline and we had talked about some 70's paint ideas for it... in the last days he seemed to be at peace and knew the end was near.. this brought a smile to his face and a "fuck ya!"... your gonna be missed Ricky.

[​IMG]

16. BO, I love the T'bird. Bob, likewise the roadster...
    Todd J., you know I dig that Henry J. A true gem!
    Allison, man Jeff, got any more??? Great work all, you done been busy son...

Buick, more photographic greats!

Proartguy, Ditto! Nice work.

Cool Pick-up Gary!

Here are some updates for Bart in Texas and variations there of ,...

The first comp, "Max Wedge" line art:

[​IMG]

A detail of the '63 Tempest, (a take on a famous factory built beast) :

[​IMG]

A quick color comp of said detail of the '63 Tempest:

[​IMG]

17. Allison, your aim is true on the Van! Reminds me of my box:

[​IMG]

18. I bring old stuff this week. Working on new stuff!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 7, 2011
  19. ALLISON

ALLISON

Awesome Van Jigger (can I call ya Jigs)... I always dig your stuff... I got a soft spot for Poncho's too, like the Tempest you did... but does that Mopar have to be ahead:(.... Monster, you know I luv ya man!!! I saw that J on FB earlier Jones, super cool.. My dad is doing a J right now... Gary C, i dont know ya but yer stuff always inspires me... just the right mix of concept and cartoon:).. all the rest, great stuff..... I have a quick story to tell too... I met and hung out with Dave Bell this weekend, super cool guy. He will literally talk your ear off too. So I made this deal to buy the piece of art below, soooo happy to have gotten it. My Lady and me meet up with him at a book store in MN.. first the price jumped up a little from what we talked about, but who cares.. Its bitchin.. then he tricks me into buying him lunch.. the whole time Im thinking "you sly dog, Ive done this same thing to people... tricked 'em into buying me lunch"... we checked out his huge scrap book, and listened to stories for 4 hours.. he literally had nothing better to do.. it was awesome, I cant wait to do it again:).... If there is one thing about being able to do what I can do that i am greatful for, its being able to meet and chat with people I have looked up to my whole life... and have them see me as a peer.. Meeting Dave Bell is something I had always wanted to do, and I am sure we will chat again very soon.... anyway, check out the art I bought.. (actually i bought it for a friend). Thats the Take Out T up top, and ya.. it says Emperors rule!!!

[​IMG]

20. You know at the dentist after a shot of Novocain when your mouth goes numb the jaw drops to the floor and you start drooling.
    Well, that same thing happened to me just by looking here.

21. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

Love that J-Gasser!:D great job all :cool:

22. No. Ha, ha! Thanks man, you can call me Jig, Mark, Jiggy,... or you cal call me J or you can call me Ray, or you can call me ....
    ...But you doesn't has ta call me Johnson...

Dual quad 421 SD vs dual quad, cross ram 426 wedge:
    The Ponch hooked up late because it weighs less but, my bet is, it ends up winning for that same reason. By a nose...

Congrats on the Bell art, that's a nice piece.

23. D.W. 509

D.W. 509
    from Spokane

Some good lookin shit Allison.

I havent worked on anything in a while. Here is a little design that me and the Dirty Bird crew put together for Dog Pound Dave for their fundraiser this weekend.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  24. fortypickup

fortypickup
    from Nebraska

My brother just got one of these...

[​IMG]

...and more bent art!

[​IMG]

...and last but not least!

[​IMG]

25. Original57

Original57

Bomonster, every friday I look forward to seein what you've come up with and once again, you've impressed me no end.

Keep them scratchboards a comin..... :cool:

26. Janne

Janne

Finally some kustom stuff!

1957 Buick mild kustom (concept), commissioned work:

Attached Files:

27. erlomd

erlomd

Here's what i did at my desk today...wish it would be better but I'm learning from all you guys! ImageUploadedByTJJ1317974261.373250.jpg

28. erlomd

erlomd

just like the avatar above yours! great work man!

29. Great start everyone....Mark (Jigger) I love the work this week....stunning detail.

Here's a random snap I accidentally shot in B&W after finding the B&W setting on my camera....

[​IMG]

30. stev8

stev8

Not a drawing of a car but it is on a car so I hope it counts!!

A bit of a sad story this one, the young guy was building this bucket and for some reason he felt that life was all too much so he ended it, so now his parents are finishing the car in honour of him.

He used to make the Tie dyed shirts and sell them at the markets, hence the paint scheme.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.