Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Bob's Big Boy Broiler Opens In Downey!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cyclone Kevin, Oct 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Since I know you like to set dates ahead of time it's the 22nd Kirby. Kevin will post the details. Don't forget wed the 19th if your schedule allows.

2. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

[​IMG]

Here's the flyer for the Terrible Two Cruise, Yes, we even had Burny rebuild it ;).
    Please come join us on Wed Cruise Oct 19th for our regular cruise that falls on the actual day we openned and Sat the 22 which will be a day show that will have the Pin Up gals, DJ, and awards.
    Big Boy Burgers will be furnished to all drivers of Rods,Kustoms,Sleds n Shorts on either day. It's just a way to say thanx for your support, Be there or Be Square ;).

3. Burny

Burny

Here's a larger version of the flyer so you can read it...

Attached Files:

4. Roadsterpu

Roadsterpu

Hey Guys

Flier looks great but you may want to either check your math or check the dates. :D:D Flier says 2008-2011 which would be 3 years. I believe the grand reopening was 2009.

5. VINTAGETRANSAM

VINTAGETRANSAM
    from SFV

It should also have the Saturday 22nd date on it too for those of us who may not be able to make it down on Wenesday the 19th.

"If it's under control your not going fast enough"
    Parnelli Jones 1969 Ford Mustang Boss 302 Trans-Am

6. Burny

Burny

I blame Kevin...;) I'll fix that tomorrow. This was an old flyer from the cruise in '08...

7. 1961SPECIAL

1961SPECIAL

What if i dont have a Rod or Custom?..i have a 61 Buick Special Deluxe Wagon.

Am I still welcomed?

8. Muttley

Muttley

Those are neat family haulers, I doubt anyone will complain if you show up in it.

9. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

The Flier is rebuilt just like the Broiler;). The 2K8 is when it actually got it's new life breathed into it. Oct 19, 2009 is when we finally got it back on the road @ Firestone Bl near Old River School Rd.

When one has a baby like Adriene, Myself, Analisa,Jim, Lindsay and even the artist who blames me:p,= Burny have, Parents begin to count the day of conception as a countdown to Delivery day, the Birthday is just the relish on the Big Boy! :D:D:D-We celebrate it all!

Paul, I know that you're an accountant, but these are #'s ya don't have ta worry about the IRS coming after ya! ;)

1961 Special, is that not a Kustom??? You've no doubt personalized in one way or another and even if it's a stocker, it isn't the kinda car that most people see daily on the streets of Downey, so of course you're welcome :).

Kirby,
    I know your schedule, Jim's working on another flier for the 22nd, It too will be the 2nd anniversary B-Day Bash, just more along the traditional Car Show line including Pin Up Girls, D.J.,Trophies and maybe even a raffle? That show we'll request a $5.00 voluntary donation that Lindsay has worked out with the charity (It's really a great cause and if you drive a R&C,The driver gets a Burger n Fries just like the Weds crowd).

The wednesday cruise night B-Day bash is along the lines of the our regular cruise night,but the driver of any cruiser car that will bring it on out will get a Birthday Big Boy n Fries just for coming out and suporting our love for all things Broiler :D.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2011
  10. What time do cars start showing up for the wed night gathering?

11. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

As early as 4pm, but the scene changes over time, most get there between 5-7pm and depending on what else is going on, weather or the like, it's a pretty happening joint!
    If ya haven't ever been there, try our Car Hop deal, heck the menu is even better suited to us with cars,even friendlier in the pricing as you're eating in your car vs having a table to bus. (I don't know why more people don't use this feature more often?)

Hope ta see ya there.
    CK

12. Hello Kevin, it was cool seeing you again last night and I had a great time cruising my car up there,it was later then I wanted but it was fun.Thanks for all you have done for the broiler,the place rules!

Last edited: Oct 6, 2011
  13. just got my 54 back on the road and it is resplendent in true 60's fashion. perfect for broiler cruising. we'll see you there on the 19th! hard to believe its already been 2 years. i have very fond memories of opening night. we were there LATE that night. Thanks Kev and crew for everything!

14. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Jeff & Mitch,
    You guys are sooo welcome! Yes it was a fun night 2 yrs back, I can't believe it either, Where has the time gone??? Glad that The 54 is back on the road, Please bring it out.

Jeff, It was so very kool to see ya again in the Merc, Bring Jimmy with ya as well.

Weds Cruise Nite:
    We'll see ya next week from 5-10pm, so come on out, I'll be there along with the rest of the Broilers and even some Crusaders,so lets make it a night!

Last edited: Oct 7, 2011
  15. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

What !!!:confused:. Everyone has a daily ? I know I'll be there along with Brian to grab some grup. So lets all get down there and fill the Green Room!

16. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Finally got some pictures together...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Been wanting to redo this one for a long time. Took it originally with an old camera I had and it was an experiment. Finally with my new rig...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Burny

Burny

Scooter- fantastic shots! Thanks for posting.

18. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks man! Been way to long, buddy!! Need to catch up, one of these days!!

19. Roadsterpu

Roadsterpu

Great pics Scoot. I got to say the Coral really pops in the lights there. Damn the Buford looks good.

Thanks for posting them. The man of many talents.

20. Stovebolt

Stovebolt

Paul and Kevin

your rides look fantastic in front of the broiler.

I can't wait to see you guys, the Broiler and your cars again in June.

The pictures of the Broiler at night are truely amazing. Thanks

21. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Killer pics there! That second is my favorite. It's as if Bob is going to spin into worp speed and take us back in time.

22. Roadsterpu

Roadsterpu

Thanks. It will be great to see you again.

23. Burny

Burny

Yep. Been MIA. Trying to get this done-finally...

Attached Files:

24. Cross Rodder

Cross Rodder

What time does the fun start Saturday the 22nd? Flyer yet?

Cheers

25. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks guys!

Yep! That is looking' AWESOME!

26. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Burny
    Yep, That's one sweet (Once upon a stake bed) peekup! You're one helluva fabricator BurnMan! People, ya need to take a look @ the pedals when this 37 starts to make the cruise. Lots of thought in them as well as craftsmanship and talent!

Scoot's those pix are amazing! Look @ all that Cyclone exposure;), Paul's Buford just pops in that light so does BriMans 30,J.G.'s 56 and Joseph's Sickle! Thanx 4 all that you do:).

Mark in the land down-under, You'll be here soon enough, I bet that you're the only person from Oz that can say that you were at the Broiler before it was re-openned;). We have alot of places to hit!

52 Pig, Wish that I knoew that you were gonna be there, Your burger would've been on the house,next time. I hope all was satisfactory.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2011
  27. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Lindsay has the flyer for Saturday, That's a day show deal. I think 10am till like 4pm:confused: So come on out that day, it should be quite a deal.
    Ya might want to ck out our facebook page She might have put additional info.
    I'm sorry that I haven't had a chance to get that one and load it.
    I'll work on that;).

28. Thanks Burny, we'll be there for the wed 26th. for sure and hopefully the sat nite too. Looking forward to it!!!
    Phil.

29. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

2nd Anniversary Car and Bike Show, Pin Up Contest and Hot Wheels Race

<TABLE class="uiInfoTable mvm profileInfoTable"><TBODY><TR><TH class=label>Time</TH><TD class=data>Saturday, October 22 · 11:00am - 4:00pm
    </TD></TR><TR class=spacer><TD colSpan=2><HR></TD></TR></TBODY><TBODY><TR><TH class=label>Location</TH><TD class=data>Bob's Big Boy Broiler, Downey, California

</TD></TR><TR class=spacer><TD colSpan=2><HR></TD></TR></TBODY><TBODY><TR><TH class=label>Created By</TH><TD class=data>Bob's Big Boy Broiler, Downey, California
    </TD></TR><TR class=spacer><TD colSpan=2><HR></TD></TR></TBODY><TBODY><TR><TH class=label>More Info</TH><TD class=data>All cars and bikes welcome. Best show winner receives trophy and photo spread in The Pin Up Magazine with the Pin Up Girl of the month. Custom Trophies for Best Bike, Best Hot Rod, Best Low Rider, Best Import, and Bob's Choice.
    Pin up Girl Contest- winner will recieve photos featured in the Pin Up magazine as pin up of the month!
    Hot Wheels Race at 2pm! Bring down your favortie Hot Wheels or Matchbox car and race on our cutom track. Prizes for winners! All age contestants welcome.
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

30. five1cadiman

five1cadiman
    from downey ca

Just bought a motorcycle (cruiser) is there parking for motorcycles? ?:)I hope to se you guys on wed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.