Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects O/T kinda, sorta, but there maybe some hope...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by travj31, Oct 5, 2011.

1. First off... if this needs closed I understand, but thought it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Anyways... I ran across a good deal on a "legends" dwarf car... 1937 Chevy Sedan body style. The car needs assembled. but everything is there. I know these are still pretty big in some areas, but not so much here in western PA so therefore I know very little about them.

I guess where I'm going with this is... have you ever seen one of these converted to be street legal? Also heard that there is/used to be a specific NHRA class for them, any truth to this? Any ideas on what the drag times would be? I've done some searching on google and youtube and have found a little, but nothing concrete.

Any insight would be appreciated...

2. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

I think that would be cool, and see no reason why you could not get it titled with all the proper lighting, and safety requirements.
    However, I think you would need to mount that body on a OT car frame due to it's size...
    Pictures ???
    Cheers.......

ON EDIT:
    I am assuming that you only have the body.....no running gear/frame/driveline.....

3. jipp

jipp

4. nope... everything is there. its almost too good to pass up.

5. Why...on earth...would you want to risk your life in one of those on the street? They are cool little race cars, but even a Smart would run right over it...

I would find a donor bike for all the lights and gauges, etc. You'll need a speedo as well. Our PA special vehicle title laws aren't exactly friendly on this kind of stuff...