Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Any Henry Js in the House?? Pictures??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by plodge55aqua, Jan 16, 2009.

1. Clik

Clik

I'll send pics of my HJ project one of these days. I always have a hard time posting pics to this site.

Living in Maryland sure makes me wonder why I keep messing with all this rusty steel. I live near the bay and spend time on the salted cinder laiden roads of the mountains.

Unfortunately fiberglass molds take the rarity from our cars and I just hate that. I can live with a glass front end or fenders because you still have to have the rare steel body, but all fiberglass is somehow just sinful feeling.

2. an older updated photo on mine

[​IMG]

3. cwright

cwright
    from greece NY

4. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

4 or 5 years ago there was an unmolested Henry J in the flea market of the Wheels of Time rod run in Pa. We stopped and looked it over pretty good. You just don't see many stockers.The following year it was back with a V6 IIRC. running in the show part. It came a long way in 12 months.

5. George T G

George T G

:)I remember that one. I thought I was a bit too much for me. I was told it just came from an estate and had been sitting.
    I always thought I would like a "daily" in a 4 cyl OD. Would be grate today with this $4.00 a gal liquid shit.:eek:
    GEORGE!!

6. hey hartman this is what i think of when I see your car

Attached Files:

7. modelaman

modelaman
    from sunland ca

I used to have 4 henry J's but had to sell them. I still have a good cond 51 grill and I made a skull center section for the grill and I even made molds to make complete stock or with skull 51 grills out of fiberglass. someday if I ever find another Henry J I will make some.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. I have a lot of build pics of this car. PM me with your E-mail address, I'll send ya a bunch!!

Attached Files:

9. modelaman

modelaman
    from sunland ca

the henry J now lives in sunland ca. and goes to bob's big boy in burbank and early rodders in montrose on saturday mornings. the guys name is Edley

10. Clik

Clik

[email protected]

11. Graham-Cracker

Graham-Cracker

12. anyway to use a transversed front spring (ala model a) on a stock front crossmember
    anyone have pics
    tk

13. Mullins

Mullins

A few Pictures of Mine. I had the Famous Henry J model as a kid. I made my childhood dream car come true and love it. My Favorite Stress Reliever!!!

Attached Files:

29EHV8 likes this.
  14. jammersspeed

jammersspeed
    from herman mn.

51 that i am building

Attached Files:

15. Clik

Clik

I'm looking for some good Henry J rocker repair pics.

I've got new V shaped two piece sub rockers and new outer rockers but no reference points left on the car.

On Kaiser Bill's site he instructs to bolt the body to the frame and use the new floor to line up on top of the V sub rockers but I have no body mounts left either.

On Von hartman's build it looks like he boxed the top of the V and did the floor last.

It's hard to tell in the pics on either's build just how the door jambs met the sub frame.

It looks like the only reference points I have is the bottom of sagging doors and I'll have to fab everything from there.

Any input or pics appreciated.

16. Clik

Clik

PS

Is it the pic or does the Blue Tango HJ have the outer rocker welded to the door?

17. I think the rockers are missing all together and also part of the fender and quarter to make it line up.

18. BeatnikPirate

BeatnikPirate
    from Media, Pa.

Bet you never saw a Henry J like this. It was built by some guy in Pennsylvania, on a Henry J frame, using a one-off, hand-made fiberglass body.

Attached Files:

19. Clik

Clik

Yeah, now that I look at it you are probably right.

If you guys run accross any pics of Henry J rocker repairs let me know.

20. George T G

George T G

There are inner and outers on E-bay. I know the outers I bought werent great but with a low production car / part your not going to get precission.
    :eek:

21. Clik

Clik

I've got all the parts. I was just looking for some pics of rocker restorations on Henry Js because most of my reference points are also rusted away.

If you look at Von Hartmans Henry J (Abomination) build it looks like he capped his sub rockers or fabbed them from scratch.

Usually the stock body had V shaped sub rockers that were open on the top and covered when the floor went on.

I'm not sure how the door jams met any of those parts and how they were tied in.

22. BeatnikPirate

BeatnikPirate
    from Media, Pa.

I saw this at Atco Dragway yesterday.

Attached Files:

23. GOSFAST

GOSFAST

Helped with the "Nailhead" powerplant in this one, runs out of Massachusetts, owned by long-time friend/customer.

Runs 11.1's with a 10:1, pump-gas, stroker!

Powerplant is about 5 years running now and no major issues!!

Thanks, Gary in N.Y.

P.S. Special thanks to Tom Telesco for his roller rockers, tuning, and help in getting the ride down the strip. Here's a couple shots!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

24. Atleast im not the only one looking for those pictures, if anyone has some throw them up here

25. Sitting around with a cup of joe and fooling around with photoshop on a old drawing.
    [​IMG]

26. out plowing

out plowing

WOW.... This definitly gives me some ideas.

27. Bet you all know that you could order a Henry J (Allstate) from a Sears catalog.:eek:
    sears_allstate.jpg

28. Clik

Clik

Been done:
    [​IMG]

29. Clik

Clik

Rocker Repair: This is one of the closest things I can find:
    http://www.henryjcars.com/hjc69/popp/david.html

Other than that there is Von Hartman's Abomination build here on the HAMB. Maybe he'll chime in and explain how he lined his rockers up and if he capped them or if we are looking at something else.

Kaiser Bill (you can google him) has an instruction sheet but you may have to buy something from him to get it. he told me people were knocking off his stuff, so he took the instructions off his site. The pics weren't all that clear either. They still left me with questions.

30. out plowing

out plowing

Been done or not, it is still cool. i have seen lots of 32 ford roadsters with flathead, but that doesnt stop people from building, just means i dont get the right to claim first, but sometimes, a second one can be even better then the first, because you can see all the pros and cons to the design.