Register now to get rid of these ads!

winter projects

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by heritic88, Oct 4, 2011.

1. heritic88

heritic88

I don't know about the rest of you guys buying looking forward to doing some work on my car this winter. I'm planning on stripping the roof to bare metal on my 51 Chevy doing the body work on that as well as the dash respraying the blue and flaking the piss out of them. Also I'm hoping to get the interior done as well. What are the rest of you guys got planned?

2. chaddilac

chaddilac

I'm gonna be getting this one driveable and lowered...

Attached Files:

3. heritic88

heritic88

well on a scale of 1-10 thaw BANGIN!!!

4. Jeff Walker

Jeff Walker

I am hoping to replace the the headliner, front and rear glass rubber and repaint the roof and white strip on my Edsel this winter. Plus build an 8.5 GM rear end for my OT Camaro.

5. n847

n847

Freshen up the 283 and the trans...While its out, detail the engine bay, new master cylinder, and a full re-wire!

6. metalix_421

metalix_421

well ill still be working on my summer project.

Attached Files:

7. Mnhotrodbuilder

Mnhotrodbuilder
    from Afton, MN

chaddilac that is one nice ride!

8. heritic88

heritic88

Haha yeah I guess they never quite end no matter what the season

9. falconsprint63

falconsprint63
    from Mayberry

frame on on a 76 el camino to pay off the custom cabinets i had built for my kitchen. panels and paint on a 71 cougar xr7 so we can sell it and get it out of the way then maybe I'll get to work on mine.

10. chaddilac

chaddilac

Thanks GDub! :D

11. inlinr6

inlinr6

Just want to get mine drivable,I don't care if I'm sitting on a milk crate,and the headlights are taped in.

Attached Files:

12. Plan for winter is to get my truck to fire up by next June. Got alot of stuff to do. Gonna be a long winter out in a very cold, small garage. Gonna borrow someone's welder and buy a really warm weld proof jacket. :cool:

Attached Files:

13. davidbistolas

davidbistolas

Build up the new 350 for my '51 - and then make my brake brackets (again).

14. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

get my chopped '51 Ford project running - heading into my second winter of a "this will be easy" project now need to sell as soon as running.

15. heritic88

heritic88

That sucks bro good luck

16. fordf1trucknut

fordf1trucknut

Usually when the snow starts flying I quit working on hot rod stuff and get into 4x4 mode.

I will probably put my model A coupe and 50 shoebox coupe aside for a while this winter and get rolling on my next strange 4x4... a 1959 land rover that I am going to run a v8 in and upgrade the drivetrain. I plan to build a sort of sleeper that is still a fully functional 4x4.

[​IMG]

17. I've just started on my winter project, something to do during the down times on the Galaxie. It's a 52 Ford panel. going to try to get the Jag IFS and IRS under it and the engine mounted.

18. Tin Can

Tin Can

Settin a goal for myself to reveal this at the Scrap drive in June

Attached Files:

19. heritic88

heritic88

I hope so that thing is sick

20. toolz1175

toolz1175
    from IL

x2 I just want to drive and enjoy, instead of sweatin' all the damn details. Gettin' too old for that.

21. Bart78

Bart78

I am going to start this sence its getting cooler. Kicking around the idea of turning it into a 37.[​IMG]

22. heritic88

heritic88

damn bart thats some project should be killer though when its all said and done

23. edsel.fi

edsel.fi

Attached Files:

24. handmedown40limited

handmedown40limited
    from tracy ca

Mine doesn't physically for in my garage so probably not a lot progress. Maybe get my dads industrial sewing machine and learn how to do my own interior

25. heritic88

heritic88

Sweet I'm hoping to do some of mine as well

26. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My project for the winter......and next winter and the winter after that.

[​IMG]

27. Gator

Gator

We've got one more cruise I wanna do, about a 200 miler this Saturday. Sunday I'll start blowing my Plymouth apart for paint and interior. I Traded for it back in April and I've been chomping at the bit all summer to start on it, but didn't want to take it off the road. Well, that and it was 100 degrees here most of the summer.

It's a good solid car but best myself and the previous owner can figure it was put together about 1991 and it shows.

Looks OK now but the paint's 20 footer - I'm thinking shiny black but we'll see what the body looks like under the multiple coats of enamel paint it has on it now. Got a few minor mechanical tweeks to do but over all it's pretty sound. Speaking of sound, I'd like to replace theturbo mufflers with some Porters or Smitthys.

The interior is also dated - gotta replace the gray tweed headliner and trim, lose the overhead console, replace the bucket seats with a custom made bench seat, replace the wooden dash with the repop 34 Ford dash my buddy SamF gave me.

[​IMG]

28. I have a model T project for this winter if it does not get way too cold like last year.No heater in my shop and when it stays in low 20`s at night and does not get out of 30`s during the day for weeks at a time,I just stay in house.Seems like every winter gets colder here in south carolina.
    I love the hot humid summers,but cannot stand the winter.Well,I guess I have to stand it,but I do not have to like it:D

29. 32 hudson

32 hudson

I will just keep working on my coupe and hope to have at least a running yard driver by this time next year

Attached Files:

30. Ill be putting a 8 inch rear end and doing some brake work this winter on the shoebox.