Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage The Day Of The Drags - 2011

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Oct 3, 2011.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

2. flamingokid

flamingokid

So,I guess if I know you and your trusty Leica are in the vicinity,I should wear my garlic and keep my cross pointed squarely at you,right?

3. Gaters

Gaters

Uugh! What a disappointment and frantic feeling that must have been when you realized your days photo journey had been lost. Maybe it made its way down the other stack! Did you check your jeans...Breast pocket?!?!

4. Like the dog said in the commercial listening to his owner talk about food only to find out that he gave it to the cat....Aawwwwww

5. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I'm so pissed. I really did have some good shots from the pits. I have no idea where that card could have gone. I've looked everywhere.

6. I heard there was great turn out. Sure wish we could have been there

7. JohnJoyo

JohnJoyo
    Alliance Vendor
    from Austin, TX

I'll trade you my memory card for a Snakmaster.

8. grander

grander

If you knocked over a dude's chopper and only lost a memory card - maybe you came out ahead on the deal.

9. BLAKE

BLAKE

Bwahahahahahahahaha!!!

10. BOP-Nut

BOP-Nut

Damn, quite the day.

11. Rough Stock

Rough Stock
    from Austin, Tx

allow me to donate these (from Friday) to help in your cause to cover the event photographically... I'd really love to see this lot of camera equipment that Joyo tells me you mugged some helpless old lady for.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 3, 2011
  12. fifTsix

fifTsix
    from TEXAS

Great shots Rough Stock

13. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

I don't know whether to feel sorry for you or be glad your not Pinocchio...;)

14. billylo

billylo

15. S.F.

S.F.

Tuffy rules

16. Word.

17. Bigchuck

Bigchuck
    from Austin, TX

Wouldn't shooting in 35mm be more traditional? Might be harder to loose a roll (or rolls) of film than a card.:D What a bummer.

18. silverdome

silverdome

ditto!

19. hilarious, man.

20. 60 GASSER

60 GASSER

I was definetly impressed with kisam's ride... she was depressed when it wouldn't crank, then when they were pulling it back to the pits, found a wheel problem that could have been catastrophic! She says it was collin, i believe it was true! Thirty minutes on the charger and it busted off long enough to load! Better luck next time girl...or was it luck??? It was good meeting you. cya, herb P.S. my charger hasn't been the same since?? haha.

21. kisam

kisam

Thanks everyone! I'm so hooked now I feel like a junkie. I need some seat time and I'll be ready next year!
    Herb, it was great meeting you! Your car gaved me goosebumps coming off the line! I can't imagine what those wheelies feel like! Thanks for your help and words of encouragement!

22. 60 GASSER

60 GASSER

They make you feel alive...it's very theraputic, i recomend them daily! Haha.

23. autobilly

autobilly

All sounds like the best of Delinquent's days out, complete with Hoodlum's hallucinations and dreams of Hot Rod hooliganism. Shame about your lack of corroborating evidance.

24. Kettleman

Kettleman

Sorry I missed it this year :mad: had to attend to some other obligations. Sounds like a good time was had.

25. MUNCIE

MUNCIE
    from Houston

26. Where are all the picture?!

At least there are shots of Tuffy!! Looking Great Kathy!!

27. alkydigger

alkydigger
    from nashville

There is a popular new trend toward raising the fuel pressure in mechanical injections by installing nozzles that are smaller than those recommended to achieve enough pressure to work properly.
    This subject is so broad that it is difficult to type enough to cover the combinations that might exist.
    First: Mechanical injections need different pressures for different air inlet areas as well as different kinds of fuels.
    Methanol likes to be injected in more of a liquid and near the valve head, so air does not disrupt the flow of methanol as it enteres the air stream from the tip of the injector. It will remain cooler, and achieve more density by being closes to the valve head.
    Gasoline and to a lesser degree E-85 responds better to introducting it in more of a fog ( high fuel pressure) up higher in the port, and into the air stream.
    You can usually install a nozzle one size smaller than recommended and install a by pass jet (pill) about .005" to .010" smaller to attempt to make the pump push more pressure through a smaller orfice , thus making more of a fog than a stream of fuel. This works in moderation, but beware of trying it to extream. There is an exponential problem with the fuel supply not being uniform enough during idle and part throttle settings and at wide open throttle. On a gas powered drag car or spring car with a high stall converter, or seldom dropping under 4000 rpm, you can easily drop two nozzle sizes and go .020" or .030" smaller on the main jet assuming you have the type of fuel pump that will continue to raise fuel pressure. If you have a weak , untested, or very old 150A style pump you might lean out the engine and cost yourself a lot of money and time. At the same time consideration has to be lent to how many square inches of air flow you have available. Just as a 500 Holley carb cannot be a 750, a 1 13/16" Hilborn or small 2 1/4 " Enderle injector cannot achieve the correct flow/pressure differential if your engine needs a 2 7/16" or 2 5/8" dia butterfly. One injector simply cannot be everything to every engine. Normally- about 45-60 lbs of running pressure is more than sufficent to atomize methanol, gas, or E-85 in an unblown engine. With a blower, or with some % of Nitro, the engine can benefit from much larger nozzles, and more fuel pressure. Do not be talked into trying to raise the fuel pressure to 150 lbs just becasue some uninformed or misinformed person heard that the smaller the nozzle , the better. Try putting out a house fire with a garden hose with 150 lbs of pressure,,,,a crude anology perhaps , but you get the idea.
    We have several Injection hints posted on our "Technical" area at www.Alkydigger.com . I'm always available to help anyone who cares to call me . Mike Chilando 615-483-6830

28. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Well... Aren't you randomly informational?

29. Man, that sucks - would love to see the photos.

When you knocked over the bike - did it go something like this?

30. call bullshit since there is no pictures ..rule no. 221 or close to it

???was the memory card ever in place.... ahem..

any pics of you taking pics proof we need proof..