Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 59 chevy wagon in progress

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cody Walls, Mar 23, 2010.

1. Hellfish

Hellfish

No, they ARE pot metal. Muggy Weld (I think that's what it was) is a lower heat way of welding pot metal, more like brazing. It's still easy to melt it.

Thanks! The upper half of the dash is dark green metallic. The lower half matches the roof/scallops. This picture is a little dark, and is before i swapped out the gauges, but if you use your imagination...

[​IMG]

2. sawzall

sawzall

its monday!!!

3. oldman2

oldman2

Ya where's our update, us junkies need our fix.....I know you usually post later in the day, just have to rib you.....Jim

4. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

Monday update time comes once again ,so today I worked on the front end,I shorting the right front bumper , finished up some loose ends on the lover valance panal, made the front inner wheel well, and last night I started on modifying the intake to adapt it to the new twelve port head.

Attached Files:

5. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

Some more updates , I don't like the new updated version of the jalopyjournal app for loading pics

Attached Files:

6. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

I'll get back to everones previous post later on , I'm heading back out in the garage to work on the intake some more.

Attached Files:

7. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

Thank you , ive never herd of being able to weld pot metal before but ill have to check into it /wow now im deffintly in love with your dash now :D

Are you comming down for the grease ball sat ?

I see how you guys are, lol :D

8. oldman2

oldman2

That was a hell of an update, and some amazing work on everything, and the manifold (speechless)....Jim

9. Hellfish

Hellfish

Thanks! I'll have to get an updated pic. That was from a few years ago. I love following this thread!

10. Ole_Red

Ole_Red
    from 206, WA

Well I finally made it through your thread.

I only have one word to some it all up: Bravo.

You craftsmanship is beautiful. Your longroof is bitchin. Can't wait to see the final product!

11. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

Thank you, i was kinda leary of cutting up the manifold since ive already have so much time in it but once i came up with a game plain i was pretty happy with the way its turning out ,

Wow that must have taken forever:eek:,lol thank you for taking the time to to go threw it all

yah i cant wait to see the updated pic , there just something about a 59-60 that no matter how there done they always look good:D

12. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

Sorry to disappoint you guys but no real updates this week I spent the entire day with a long board in hand,and just sanding away, so maby something more exciting next week will see .

13. oldman2

oldman2

Hey, we all need a little relief, but only a little, see you next week....Jim

14. Bruce A Lyke

Bruce A Lyke

getting to that point is a major step, you are getting close...

15. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

lol:D
    Yah it is thanks , its also the point that shows the least amout of progress :cool:

16. Racrdad

Racrdad

Well crap! I tune in for my weekly episode of the Cody Walls show and no new pics?!?! Hmmm, what a strange day this is shaping up to be....

17. Ol Rusty One

Ol Rusty One
    from NW Georgia

looking good...lots of time well spent, hang in and post more. it will be great to look back on. Ole Rusty

18. Spike!

Spike!

Nice fab work! Good meeting you at the greaseball as well!

Spike

19. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

It was a verry strang day indeed:confused:, but i'm sad to say that there will be many more to come since the wagon is so large and there is so much body work to been done but hopefully monday ill have some pics worth looking at :D.

Thanks

Thank you spike , it was nice finally meeting you too.

20. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

More Monday updates , so today i work on the bottom side of the hood just finishing up all the loose ends on that so I could get it ready to start body working it to the fenders , also I work on the intake last night , so here are the pics.

Attached Files:

21. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

More pics

Attached Files:

22. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Looks great, man! That intake is smooooooth.

23. oldman2

oldman2

Looking better each time, thanks for the update....Jim

24. Coming along nicely!!

25. jangleguy

jangleguy

Cody - Thanks to your skills and taste buds, this may be the coolest '59 ever. I'm in love with everything about it! What a treat... Thank you.
    Scotty

26. Jaronimo

Jaronimo

Just found this thread and read the whole thing. Pretty impressive!

27. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

Thank you,you cant see it from the pics but its still a little rough , i have a lot more smoothing and polishing to to to it before i send it out to be nickle plated.

Thanks once againg for the kind words guys

Thank you im glad you like it .

Thank you for taking the time out to go threw the whole thread , i know its getting pretty long , :D

28. billylo

billylo

Your thread is getting really long, it matches your car.....LOL. Keep em coming!!!

29. So on the body you've hit the speedbump known as blocksanding, welcome to my world !!

30. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

Monday progress again, so today I ended up changing up the talegate. Up since Delaware has a antique tag which if you have a 5 digit or lower u can get it , which I'm running one on the wagon , the tag smaller than a regular tag ,also my brother stop over and helped sandblast a bunch of my small odds and ends peices and I put them in epoxy primer , also started bodyworking the left half of the hood .

Attached Files: