Register now to get rid of these ads!

Car on the road olds dynamic 88

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Gerg, Oct 1, 2011.

1. Gerg

Gerg

This is the story of an oldsmobile she spent many years with Derby on here I bought her and now it's time for some cruise time I have had a couple of cars that were beyond my ability. I am not a pro builder like some of yall so here we go

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is the flaked roof by louver dude me and fish it ain't perfect but it is to me

[​IMG]

This is the start of my adventure with this car finally having a car on the road after 6 years of working on cars beyond my ability

2. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

so you gave up on the Rusty Rambler?

3. Gerg

Gerg

yes i did the car got the best of me thats for sure but with a 1 year old now i just don't have the time to get out there and work on it and it's been like that for a while now. kids put a damper on shop time :) not that i would change things just stating a fact

4. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

giving up on that Rusty Rambler was a good decision. I really questioned your desire to build it, but didn't want to rain on your parade.

where did that Rambler come from?

5. Gerg

Gerg

the rambler was from jonny cola and most people questioned the desire

6. sk_rodz

sk_rodz

There is nothing wrong with a more door Olds! (see my avitar) good luck, they make great cruzers!

7. jipp

jipp

That is a nice car, dunno what your other project was.. but rust and 1 year old.. ill say this is perfect just on my rust + 1 year old logic.. not that a little iron is bad for a little lad :)
    chris.

8. Pat Pryor

Pat Pryor

9. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

10. That's a great Olds, I had a few myself. Great riding cars as long as the Slim Jim is in good working condition.

Bob

11. I'd clean it up and leave it alone.

Don't beat on it with that Slim Jim.. Drive it like the tranny is made from egg shells because it is.. If your easy on it, it will last though...

12. Gerg

Gerg

I have been taking it easy on that trans I know it's a weak point and the conversion kit to a different trans is not a cheap one. So far cleaning it up and flaking the roof and rims is all thats been done to it other then general maintenance.

13. Very cool!

I love 59-60 Oldsmobiles. I've got a 61 Dynamic coupe at the moment.

Here is my old 62....it was a great car.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. ADDOCTOR

ADDOCTOR

i like the front bumper within a bumper. Drive it and enjoy

15. Gerg

Gerg

hey Hudson do you have any more shots of your old car i would really love em if you got em

16. The last one I had was in my '64 88, leaked live a sieve until I yanked it and resealed it. Still had a (valve body?) buzz to it now and then and the 1-2 shift had a flare to it.

Bob

17. These are the only other photos I have of it. I sold it in 2006.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. I love rockabilly four doors. Ha ha.

19. Gerg

Gerg

I have one kid already and hoping to make another one. a 4 door cruiser makes more sense to us then a 2 door model.

20. halfcockedcustoms

halfcockedcustoms

Rock that 4 dr brother,,,,Just dont get carried away with the kiddos,,Like me :) [​IMG]

21. sorry to hear the rambler got the best of ya....but that olds is way cool....see ya (and the olds?)this weekend

22. Gerg

Gerg

I wish I was going this weekend to the hunnert car but I will be missing the last one. Not enough vacation time in the year or money in the pocket to make it. Hope everyone has a blast

23. Gerg

Gerg

wow it's been a while since i posted on this thread. The car is now dropped 3 inches and i am working on a disc brake conversion with a dual master coming up in the next month or two. Looking forward to being able to stop a little bit better.

Other then that I have been driving the wheels off of it. Added another kid to the project this past week so I am on the hunt for some seatbelts now for the rear so me and the family can start going to shows together.

24. Gerg

Gerg

Scarebird and bags which i know are for groceries thats whats going on right now.

Attached Files:

25. good looking ride i have a 60 88 two door post car. these olds look so good dropped and flaked. is it a 394 car or a 330 both outstanding motors.

26. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

27. Gerg

Gerg

394 stripping the old spindles right now wacked open my finger bleeding all over but i guess the car gods needed an offering for the night

Last edited: Apr 2, 2013
  28. Nice man! Drive the crap out of it. Great talking to ya tonight.

Mark

29. Gerg

Gerg

I have the brakes mocked up now just to work on the bags and get it all back together again

30. Gerg

Gerg

getting there!

Attached Files: