Register now to get rid of these ads!

DOTD Videos 2011

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dan Hay, Oct 2, 2011.

1. Had a blast! My uncle hauled his 47 ford all the way from Des Moines Iowa only to make one pass and break on the starting line when we lined up together.

Here's a couple of videos.

Uncle Dave grenades the ol' Ford 3 speed...

Me "winning" round 2 because the other guy red-lighted..

LONG video of the Finals for stock class.... starts with a cruise through the pits. You'll notice as the guy in the 54 walks me, he waves... Classy.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2011
  2. farmer12

farmer12

Great vids, thanks for posting!

3. moter

moter

Hey Dan..great videos! The guy in the 54 waved cause there were 10 of his buddies on the pit side fence cheering him on.

4. Dchaz

Dchaz

Why did they switch drivers after the burn out?

5. No idea.

6. moter

moter

First off it is Rauls car....I was driving it all day. He had been cooking for everyone in our group of about 20 most of the day. He finally was able to get up to watch the races and wanted to run the last one. After the burnout the guy in the staging lanes said since he had not been racing all day he couldnt run the final. So we switched. Btw,,,I was waving at all my buddies by the fence...not you.

7. WasteGate

WasteGate
    from Houston

Thanks for posting the videos!

That car should not have been in the Stock class. Our car club went down there to look at the thing after he raped me with a 12.80 run and he showed it off. Aluminum heads + ladderbars= Not in the stock class. There is no way a 12.80 car should have been in the stock class. I'm sure it would have ended differently if there was some integrity. Everyone in the stands was saying the same thing!

Just saying you should have had that one!

8. Dchaz

Dchaz

I wasn't trying to start anything, I was just curious.

9. moter

moter

I understand. :)

10. Thanks for clarifying. I wasn't mad. I had a fun day, and was shocked I made it to the finals. The finals was actually my fastest pass, a 17.2 @ 78 MPH.

11. Oh well, I had a blast anyway.. and most of the cars running were horribly mis-classed. There were many cars that probably should've been in the Comp class that were in Gas Coupe/sedan. They put my uncle in GCS, he was running a 355 hooked to an original 47 ford tranny and rear. That's not a knock on the Kontinentals, I'm sure it's tough putting on an event like that and keeping everyone happy. I did laugh though, when that guy flipped the coin and pointed at you to race the 54 in the semis... and that look you gave me as you drove by as if to say "you lucky SOB!" hahaha...

The moral of the story is I drove home with a smile on my face, and about 10 MPH faster than the trip down... I didn't want to stop racin'!

Last edited: Oct 3, 2011
  12. CJ Steak

CJ Steak
    from Texas

Hey, I saw that white '54! That was a nice one. I like seeing street cars on the track. There's just something about a car with plates and stickers on it that makes me smile when they go down the track.

I can't believe how quiet that car was too. No loud crazy exhaust, cut outs, open headers or anything. Just a good ol' runner. :)

13. IHbigblock

IHbigblock

Very cool videos. I red light but I ran my best time of the day. thanks for the video post:) hope to see you next year.