Register now to get rid of these ads!

My Swindlers Poker run 2011 pics!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chris, Oct 2, 2011.

1. This was my second time on the run, and we had a blast! I got my friend Logan to bring his bitchin coupe over as well. Jamie and my Brother also went along! I was going to take my 41 convertible...but on Wednesday night the steering shaft decided it no longer wanted a worm gear on the end of it! So, I figured hell, I'll take my ol 33 pickup as she is trusty as hell. However, we figured it would be about 1000 miles round trip, and I didn't know if the 1934 221 babbit engine would be up for such a long journey...so I pussed out and trailered it to Cle Elum, WA. I still logged 600 trouble free miles on the 33, and Logan did do a little over 1000 miles on his coupe! We left Friday morning and got there in the early evening. Woke up Saturday with overcast, but dry, conditions. The weather held out most the day and we did not get too wet. Saw lots of friends and met some new ones.

The Swindlers put on one hell of a run and everyone on "that side" is always so nice. The food is great and the conversation is just as good. Hope to see y'all next year!!!

Side note. I swear the NW has some of the most gorgeous roads in the world. From Levenworth, WA to Monroe, WA has am awesome drive that we took both ways. The run itself is around 150 miles of very green roads. It's quite an honor really to drive an old car in that area. Enjoy the pics and thanks again everyone....

This is the drive there:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 2, 2011
  2. The run:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Drive back today

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. hotrod-40

hotrod-40

That was such an awesome trip! Had a blast riding in Logan's "Brown Bandit". Can't wait for next year, I will be driving something over. Thanks again Swindlers!

8. baker53

baker53

Great pictures. Sure looks a lot cooler up there than it has been down here.

9. couverkid

couverkid

It was great seeing you guys this weekend.

10. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Chris it was nice talking with you and your wife, ... see ya at Monroe next week...

11. Shine5613

Shine5613
    from Washington

great time.! I will post my pics soon.I hope to drive something next year

12. Chris, thanks for sharing the photos !

13. Jay.S

Jay.S

Your buddies coupe is sick! One of the nicest 28-29's ive seen in a wile......

14. Pinewood

Pinewood

Nice looking run and group of cars! That A roadster with the 32 chevy hood is killer.

15. VonKool13

VonKool13

WoW! Has anyone told you, "You Sir have it MADE!"

16. shoebox1950

shoebox1950
    from California

nice stuff up north! That little channeled brown Model A sure is neat

17. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

What a great collection of cars and scenery! Thanks, Chris-

Malcolm

18. Kramer

Kramer

Thanks for sharing. Great cars and scenery.

19. titus

titus

looked like a fun time.

I would have to say also some of the most beautiful roads ive been on have been up in that area.

jeff

20. This is Marks car. He is a true old school hotrodder and a wealth of knowledge on pre war cars and parts.
    I asked a friend about who knows alot about front suspensions and he gave me Marks number. I'd seen him around at local events and had gone to a 1932 Frame seminar that he put on. He is a great teacher!!! Anyway, I called him up one night at about 9:00 PM to ask him about the front end on my 1929 Whippet and even though he knew me only by seeing me at local events , he said he would swing by even though he was 45 minutes away and it was 9:00 PM.
    When he showed up, he told me that he couldn't stay too long as he had to be a work at 7:00 AM the next morning. He filled my brain with so much knowledge about these old cars and just BS'd with me till 2:00 AM . The time flew faster than a clock on steroids!!!! Anyway he is one heck of a nice guy and the car you see here, he drives it as his daily driver in WA!!!! Even in the rain, he drives it. Now that is cool!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

He is sooo helpful and had a big part in helping Lauren build her truck on the link below.. If you ask him, he says she did all the work and takes no credit. He is one stand up Hotrodder!!!

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=321117

21. Looks like a great time..........nice to get the cars on the road together for a run through such beautiful country!

22. jonathan

jonathan
    from Phoenix,AZ

I can honestly say, from experience, the grass is sooooo much greener on the other side. . . I miss the PNW.

23. Jay71

Jay71

Always look forward to seeing pics of this run. Such a great mix of hot rods and customs. Beautiful scenery. Looks like so much fun, I would love to do it one day.

24. Thanks for the fine coverage of your trip and the event. Looks like a great time was had by all.:D

25. sololobo

sololobo

What a beautiful setting and a great bunch of rods and customs and great rides all around. Thanx for sharing. ~sololobo~

26. rustydeuce

rustydeuce

Swindlers run is the best. Always enjoy viewing the pics. Cheers for sharing.

27. Great photos Chris! Glad you had a good time.

I heard Randy out-did himself with the BBQ? We've had the lunch catered every year for the last 5 or 6 years, but this year...Randy volunteered to do the honors himself.

28. hotrod_32

hotrod_32

Awsome pictures ! Thanks for sharing,what a great group of rides.

29. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

Great pictures, and GRRREAT cars....WOW...what a caravan !!
    Thanks for posting !!
    Cheers.......

30. couverkid

couverkid

Yes I think I thanked randy five times for the food.