Register now to get rid of these ads!

Goodguys Rhinebeck moved to Massachusetts?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jay Ess, Sep 29, 2011.

1. spiderdeville

spiderdeville
    from BOGOTA,NJ

nah , just new england

2. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Nah, just farther for you.;)

3. Jimv

Jimv

yeah, not a tree on the property!! Rhinebeck was kind of "comfortable & cozy".lots of trees & shade, small hills & god camping. I go to alot of gun shows at Big E & its just So-so. Plus Springfield is kind of ghetto also.Rhinebeck( upstate NY ) is really pretty.
    JimV

4. spiderdeville

spiderdeville
    from BOGOTA,NJ

yep ...worcester is fun

5. Just watch what develops on this front.
    Right Coast and (or) NSRA are going to move into the Rhinebeck spot so fast it'll make your little heart pitter patter right up to the top of it's rev limiter.
    Duchess County Fairground Company is surly baiting the trap right now.
    No money organization is going to let this plum slip thru their anxious little hands.
    This story is about to become very interesting and highly competitive I feel.
    There's a lot of opportunity waiting here.

6. sixinarowjoe

sixinarowjoe
    from eastcoast

Lmao!!! well put !- TRJ cant be beat! , the gazzette is a quick read and then it's off to the cat box for the cats to read.

7. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Its in East Granby, CT..

8. spiderdeville

spiderdeville
    from BOGOTA,NJ

my cousins kid is attending court ordered rehab in springfield

9. 66Coronet440

66Coronet440

Why all the hate towards Mass?

10. Johnny Switchblade

Johnny Switchblade
    from Upstate NY

Well, they didn't get the name "Mass Bastards" for nothing.

They are on par with New Jersey as the worst drivers ever.

And I know what your thinking but those drivers are from the city (NYC).
    I don't like them either.

I got a coffee mug as a gift. It reads; "Some people just don't know how to drive. I call these people "Everybody but Me."".

I always go to GoodGuys Rhinebeck and have been to West Springfield for several different events over the years and will in fact be going there on the 7th on a business related trip. The drive there is nice until you get off 90.
    Don't care for the area, the roads, hate the rotary, and the venue, well, it's just a big parking lot.
    I'm sure I won't be going for the Good Guys show.
    Good luck.

11. purpleflameguy

purpleflameguy

WHY WOULD THEY MOVE? GG Rheinbeck was a great show and a wonderful location. Now no GG shows in close approximation to Pa. They are becoming as stupid as NSRA

12. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

EZ-Ups are for shade. Springield is by no means a ghetto. Come to my neighborhood, I'll show you ghetto. Springfield is quaint by comparison.

13. Hard to picture Springfield for a car show. I don't know about ghetto, but I go to a mid-winter show there every year and about 4-5 years back someone had driven to that in a '57 Chevy. In the salt.

I agree, the roads going in and out are terrible, the rotary is difficult to get through, but I haven't seen drivers in that part of the state doing any more stupid things than I see here at home.

14. olcurmdgeon

olcurmdgeon

Email from a Dutchess County Fair Manager Bob Grems:

"
    Subject: Good Guys Relocation

I would like to respond to the "Goodguy's rep". The date we gave Good Guys for 2012 is the date they have selected for the Big E location. Obvioulsy the "rep" is totally incorrect in his statement "The fairgrounds in Rhinebeck didn't give us the date we have always had or one anywere near it." Further, he could not have been more incorrect in his assumption that "they didn't want us back." When I was contacted by the rep I work with at Good Guys in California, he clearly stated that the reason they were not coming back was because of declining vendor participation. He placed the reason for less vendor participation at the hands of the NY State Sales Tax requirements.

This kind of misinformation does none of us any good. We had an outstanding relationship with Good Guys for decades. The decision to move was theirs and not based on the proposed date change that we started talking to them about over a year ago. Thank you for any assistance you can lend in tracking down the Good Guys rep"

Last edited: Oct 3, 2011
  15. Jimv

Jimv

I correct myself, its not ghetto as much as its not "car friendly" around there.Its a "city" its repressed city, all the industry has left & it can't compare to Rhinebeck,Shit the "aerodrone" is worth the trip to Rhinebeck, but then again the "indian " motorcycle museum is cool.
    also the mid winter car show is held on the grounds so your not parking your car at some motel in town.Big differance.
    JimV

16. Roger Walling

Roger Walling

I live in Chicopee Ma., about 7 miles from The Big E in West Springfield.<O:p></O:p>
    Springfield is like any other city in that you hear about murders, drugs and other crimes, but if you notice, they all happen after 2:00 AM in the "Entertainment " section of town.<O:p<O:pIt doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that you should be out of town and in your motel at that time of the night when all the loonies are out.

<O:pI would not park my roadster downtown at night in the street, but there are indoor parking garages in the downtown hotels. Better yet, leave your car at the Big E with a car cover on it and take a taxi into town (about 2 miles).

<O:p<O:pThe traffic is not a problem in the area, the Big E attracts tens of thousands each day in Sept. and I have never heard of anyone suffering panic attacks driving. (bumper to bumper at times), but still moving.
    There were 136,000 people there yesterday and they all got home, I don&#8217;t think the Good Guys are going to attract that many. (Ps. None of them got murdered in town that night :D)
    As one person commented, the cow barns smell like cow shit, (what would you expect), but the rose garden smells like roses. Park where the smell best suits the condition of your car. The place is enormous! I doubt if the whole place will be used for the show.

17. retroridesbyrich

retroridesbyrich
    from Central NC

Gosh, Kirk must get tired of having to defend Goodguys here on the HAMB.

I really enjoy the Rhinebeck GG show, great facility and the surroundings as well. But I don't think for one minute that Goodguys would move the event unless they had good reason to.

The only way to see how well the new venue works out; is when they get to that date on the schedule. Some of you may not like Goodguys and I really don't understand why, because in my opinion they do a great job promoting the hobby and making everyone feel welcome at their shows.

As for the attacks on the Goodguys magazine, which I think has become one of the finest automotive publications we have, it's uncalled for. The GG Gazette is the result of the hard work by two of our own HAMB'ers Kirk and Brandon.

While Rhinebeck has their spring show, which is a nice affair, it's not a Goodguys event and to me that makes a difference. I promised my girl friend that we were going to the GG Rhinebeck show next season and combine it with a trip to Long Island since she's never been to New York. Now I guess I get to take her to a state that she finds difficult to pronounce. :D

18. 2000jack

2000jack

19. D.R.Smith

D.R.Smith

1 problem I see with these shows,Is they get stale when they are held in the same location year after year.You end up with the same cars and vendors each year.It would seem that having about four places around the northeast and rotate,so the show would only be in the same location every four years.This would keep the shows fresh,and you would look forward to getting back to the one you like best.It would also draw spectators that might not go to Rhinebeck,but live close to springfield. Maybe the NASCAR track in NH,and Lake Placid would work to round out the locations. Just A thought.

20. New York's sales tax rules have always been that way, if you sell here, you're supposed to report and pay the sales tax on the total sales. A percentage of that money comes back to the local community. I pay them based on the stuff I sell year-round.

21. jipp

jipp

i dunno man, Arizona has some bad drivers.. let me explain.. our drivers license dose not expire every 4 years like say in Oregon, and wa state.. sorry only two states iv lived in besides Arizona now for last 11.. anyhow, my drivers id expires in like 53 years.. i doubt ill be able to see very well in 53 years let alone drive safe.. i get scared when i see gramps cruising down the road at 20mph below speed limit with head barely above the steering wheel. laughs.
    chris.

22. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

That shit is funny............:D

23. speedyg948

speedyg948

the wife and i been goin to rhinebeck for years,, great scenery, great roads, good resteraunts (the everready and coppolas) plus the fairgrounds are really nice.. big disappointment,, doubt we'll attend springfield

24. rustyford40

rustyford40
    from Mass Bay

if you look it's all ny and nj need i say more

25. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

Wow! Thats harsh........:eek::D

26. rustyford40

rustyford40
    from Mass Bay

but true, I love up state NY. I have gone to the Lake George show with my wife for the last 9 years. I went to the Rhinebeck show three times, nice show fantastic fair grounds. I camped and the camp grounds were clean and had everything.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2011
  27. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

Thats alright I am from central area but a New Yorker none the less. Eventhough we are a little different from our city counter parts we still get labeled no matter what.....lol.

28. 48FordFanatic

48FordFanatic
    from Maine

I sure hope the Goodguys organization can stand the loss of you guys who will not be going to Springfield.

29. Ghost of ElMirage

Ghost of ElMirage

Upstate New York is beautiful to be sure but this will be much closer for me. where in Mass is it gonna be and when?

30. Buzzard II

Buzzard II

First Pocono, now Rhinebeck, money hungry fuckin' politicians deserve to have their dicks cut off! I wish the Goodguys well in Springfield.