Register now to get rid of these ads!

Goodguys Rhinebeck moved to Massachusetts?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jay Ess, Sep 29, 2011.

1. Jay Ess

Jay Ess
    from New York

2. cgaswillys

cgaswillys
    from New Jersey

That sucks. I've been to every one except 2001. I met my wife at the 2nd annual East Coast Nationals and we've been to every one except 2001 (couldn't get into it right after 9/11/2001). I'm glad I made the last one at Rhinebeck with the same car I went to the first one with.

3. Sweet.....much closer now

4. Rich Rogers

Rich Rogers

That figures. Just one more thing leaving this dump of a state. Oh well it's not that much farther away..

5. CruZer

CruZer

Right Coast couldn't make it there and I don't think GG will either.

6. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

Rhinebeck has always been my wife and my favorite show. We've always loved cruisin the back roads and hills of CT and NY to and from the show, that's half the fun. The last bunch of years we've had a ball towin our Scotty camper behind the '37 and campin on the grounds. We'll miss it big time!

I understand things have to change, but how the heck was that site picked????...oh yea!

There's a lot of us repeat customers that I'm sure are real disapointed. :(

7. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

We will soon find out, hope them the best.

8. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

I guess you've never been to Rhinebeck...or the Big-E for a car show, Larry!!!

9. Jay Ess

Jay Ess
    from New York

Maybe KIRK! will chime in.

10. BAD PENNY

BAD PENNY
    from mass

wholly crap...Springfield. I haven't been there since I was a kid going to the big E. Closer for me so that's good I guess but father's day weekend is a tough one. Gotta spend it with my dad and dad in-law while I still can !!

11. F&J

F&J

I saw your car and camper cruising past me near the Aero Diner just outside Willimantic Ct, 2 years ago, heading there.

12. cgaswillys

cgaswillys
    from New Jersey

Fathers day weekend??? I'll be racing. While car shows are fun Racing is a whole lot more fun.

13. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

We stopped at the Aero on the way home.
    I use to each lunch at it back when it was in S. Windham...I grew up in Willi.

14. I only live 15 minutes from the Big E, so that is a plus. But to be honest, I will miss the drive and the fairgrounds in Rhinebeck.

I wonder why they changed venues?? Kirk! where are you?

15. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

""I wonder why they changed venues?? ""

Probably hinges around money?

16. The37Kid

The37Kid

WOW! This will cause an overrun of cars at the CSRA Monday Night event.

17. ronnieroadster

ronnieroadster

Makes me wonder what the heck were they thinking FIRST mistake picking Father's Day weekend for the date then the SECOND mistake relocating the event! The Rhinebeck location is so nice there is no comparison to Springfield.
    The location sucked when Rightcoast tried it.
    When the event attendance turns out to be low will they pull the plug and kill the event in two years like they did with the Pocono event?
    Bad Idea VERY BAD

Last edited: Sep 29, 2011
  18. ArtofHotRod

ArtofHotRod

I can say it only in one nice word ...... FAILURE

19. sixinarowjoe

sixinarowjoe
    from eastcoast

Rightcoast bombed!!!!!- rhinebeck has a great setting in and out of the fairgrounds ,great resturants, (everready diner)- wtf -another smart move by a big corparation .

20. Good things about Rhinebeck: The scenic ride there. The outstanding restaurants at the fairgrounds -The Eveready Diner and Coppolla's Italian Restaurant. The gorgeous town of Rhinebeck. The Shade trees at the fairgrounds. The great hotels where you can gather at night. The good things about Springfield......(sound of crickets chirping)!! Father's Day Weekend is not good. The Expo Center is right in the middle of the projects. The only restaurant after hours is Burger King. Remember when the Right Coast had their show there? FAIL!!! I already sent a letter to Marc Meadors. Hope you all can too.
    [email protected]

Last edited: Sep 30, 2011
  21. LOWDUG37

LOWDUG37

Moving the show to the summer was the start of the slide.

22. Clark

Clark

Dug....guess we need to work on that shindig. That or somebody needs to take over the Rhinebeck fairgrounds.
    Clark

23. MRTS33

MRTS33

Rhinebeck is such a beautifu place for a show, the layout and everthing is perfect. I've been to the BigE for a swap meet once. Lots of pavement and no shade as I remember it.

24. The37Kid

The37Kid

It's a beautiful spot for an event. The swap Meet in the Spring kicks off the season here in the North East. Great Antique Motorcycle show in June, that has outdone the Oley, Pa. Meet in size. Wonder what happened between Goodguys and The Fair people? Years ago there was a Pre 1916 Brass Era car event and swap that went over well.

25. sawzall

sawzall

didnt I read that NY state Taxes were killing the sellers at the rhinebeck swap?

having attended the goodguys event as well as the spring dust off I can say that I liked alot about rhinebeck..

I doubt that I'd drive to Springfield mass, and I KNOW that I would NOT drive to springfield Mass on Fathers day weekend

26. DualQuad55

DualQuad55
    from NH

I was pissed when they moved it from Sept to June so they could try to get the Hershey/Pocono show to take off. That was a LOSER...
    Now they are taking it away from Rhinebeck? I just crossed it off my list. The Big E is another boring, paved grounds. No personality, no shade, no grass, no reason to go.
    Nice job...JACKASS!

27. This is a complete shock to me!
    Springfield?????
    At least we still have the swap meet in the spring in Duchess County ( I hope).
    Although the ride is closer for me I will miss the scenic rolling hills of New York State.
    They must have had a helluva deal made to move them outta Rhinebeck and into Taxachusetts. Go Figure.

28. dugbred

dugbred

Big mistake. Rhinebeck was the best possible venue. Springfield sucks. Bad roads, fairgrounds are nothing but a big parking lot, and where is there a safe place for people to stay. Wow. Sad day.

29. Clark

Clark

37 kid...we're freiends with the guy that helps put on the bike show. Do they have a show at the swapmeet? We stay at an old lodge in Round Top and will want to find an event in that area just to stay there again.

As for the new place....not gonna go!
    Clark