Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features VINTAGE SPRINT CAR PIC THREAD, 1965 and older only please.

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Joshua Shaw, Jan 17, 2008.

1. Blacki-Suede

Blacki-Suede

Sorry about the double post. Gremllns in the PC?? Thought I added more info before the post was sent.

Blacki-Suede

2. carl s

carl s
    from Indio, CA

I was towing my car home from Indy a few days ago and passed by Havasu exit and so gave Ray Alcaraz a call on the cell.
    Despite serious health problems Ray is doing a terrific job in bringing this 3 day event (Nov 3,4,5) to fruition.
    In addition to the vintage sprints and midgets of the WRA and WCVR SWC-West Coast Vintage Racers SW Chapter he and Billy Shuman have been able to get the involvement of a half dozen vintage indycars (including myself, Larry Pfitzenmaier, Bud Taylor of MO, Bill Barringer (son of Texas legend George Barringer), and a few other probablys including Parnelli.
    Hopefully all will show up, but you can never be sure.
    Here's the flyer if you would be so kind to pass it around and if any have some connection with Texas vintage indycar owners please ask them to call Ray to discuss participation.
    http://i1011.photobucket.com/albums/af233/carl44s/HavasuSpeedway%20Nov3-4-5%202011/scan0002.jpg?t=1316393452
    Best Regards
    To all the racers
    Carl Schulz
    Indio, CA
    [​IMG]
    Here's link to some photos from last year's event
    http://s1011.photobucket.com/albums/af233/carl44s/Havasu Spdwy Nov 5-6 2010 WCVR SWC-WRA/?start=all

3. daveww1

daveww1

More of the EMMR Tour, a few modified have crept in to the tour.
    [​IMG]

4. daveww1

daveww1

5. daveww1

daveww1

6. daveww1

daveww1

7. daveww1

daveww1

8. Joshua Shaw

Joshua Shaw

GREAT JOB!! Nice work, and very accurate.

J Shaw

9. Joshua Shaw

Joshua Shaw

YES. MILLER built it, but Fengler had it built to his specs..

It swoops up more/different than a standard MILLER, and basically its a 91 rear frame, and a 122 Front. Also, The "air foil" style spreader bar was a Fengler design as well.

We are doing the Earliest, Cliff Durant-LOCOMOBILE car.

J Shaw

10. baldtireman

baldtireman

Don't forget about the Seb Balistreri cars that were similar also. I believe Mr Leffler once told Seb that they were very good replicas!:D

11. Speedwrench

Speedwrench

Your'e probably on to something with the Leffler cage on a Meskowski frame idea. Th car in the picture has a hoop roll bar welded into the frame which was typical of the Meskowski cars but not the Leffler cars as memory serves me.

12. Speedwrench

Speedwrench

I remember Seb as a car owner but not a builder or was he part of Outhouse Engineering that built cars in Wisconsin for awhile?

13. I know this is modern day Racing and off topic but how about that Kyle Larson winning the Midget, Sprint, and Champ Car portions of the 4 Crown Nationals at Eldora last weekend. The kid must be good.

14. gearguy

gearguy

Seb is still around; he posted on Midget Madness a few months ago. I remember him as the only guy from Milwaukee besides the Wilkes with a USAC Sprint car back in the 1970s.

15. daveww1

daveww1

16. daveww1

daveww1

17. daveww1

daveww1

18. daveww1

daveww1

19. daveww1

daveww1

20. Joshua Shaw

Joshua Shaw

I was there.. The kid is NO JOKE. He's the real deal. VISUALLY just plain FASTER than the entire field. He had NEVER seen Eldora untill Friday night, woke up Sat. and Hot lapped good, and went out and set fast time in the Champ car.
    In the FEatures he came from 12th in the Hoffman Sprinter, (Which by the way he has WON EVERY RACE HE HAS ENTERED IN THAT CAR.. Been in it twice, Won boths Heats and features) and then his run in the Champ car was PERFECT. Perfect is the only way I can describe it... He hit his mark EVERY TURN for 50 laps, and it just so happened that his "mark" was the dirt piled up against the wall. His Right rear was against the wall EVERY lap for 50 laps PERFECTLY.

KYLE LARSON WON 3 TIMES AS MANY OPEN WHEEL RACES IN ONE NIGHT, THAN DANICA HAS IN HER ENTIRE CAREER. -Dave dispain

21. sideways27

sideways27

Can anyone tell me if Bob Pratt is still with us? I have been told he may be living in Union City Ind. If someone on this site knows him can they please PM me. I am interested in talking with him as he drove my sprint car several times back in 1967.

22. Denny Zimmerman

Denny Zimmerman

sideways27, Call USAC headquarters and ask for Bill Marvel, I think he would know. Denny Z

23. indybigjohn

indybigjohn
    Member Emeritus

sideways 27, I think that's (317) 247-5151.

24. Seb,s car at the State fair 1972, no pilot listed in program.

25. Seb,s 45

Attached Files:

26. Speedwrench

Speedwrench

Looks like an ex-Ray Smith or Lloyd Weaver car at first glance.

27. Re the Mack and Marquardt tangle at Owattona in72, not a great image but shows some of the car and the rear cage config.

Attached Files:

28. baldtireman

baldtireman

What does the rest of the photo look like? The silver pipe looks like part of the rollcage from the blue car! The #4 sure is painted like the Wynns Meskowski sprinter! John S.:eek:

29. This is another image, saving film for the race, poor days not many rolls of Kodak.

Attached Files:

30. carl s

carl s
    from Indio, CA

[​IMG]

Bob Pavlovich of Wisconsin is near completion of his Lee Wallard driven Iddings Spl-placed 7th in the 1948 Indy 500.
    [​IMG]