Register now to get rid of these ads!

1951 Kaiser Drag'n build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by NTAPHSE, Jun 13, 2008.

1. glassguy

glassguy

could you use a 1/4" think mr gasket wheel spacer, or is the other way???

2. Sounds like a top day out. LOL

3. NTAPHSE

NTAPHSE

Looking for pearl white vinyl sources. I found some at Keyston Borthers called Whitewater Pearl but it might be too yellow. Anyone know of a cooler silver/blue pearl white?

I dropped the seats off at a local shop and they will be done in 2-3 weeks, just gotta get the color figured out.

4. 12packo94s

12packo94s

A really good pearl white vinyl i've used on a bunch or stuff is made by Enduratex it's series is tradewinds plus and the color is just called pearl. Hope this helps!!

Last edited: Sep 28, 2011
  5. cowboyinachair

cowboyinachair
    from colorado

6. Caddy-O

Caddy-O

7. MikeRose

MikeRose
    from Yuma, AZ

Believe it or not I found some pearl white vinyl very cheap at a fabric store in mexicali, mx. I bought just a small piece but if I remember right it was only like a few bucks a yard and looks very nice imo. Not sure if that helps. I go down there often though, maybe I should snap up a bunch of it.

8. NTAPHSE

NTAPHSE

I have seen the Zodiac metallics at the local fabric store. I might incorporate the blue into the interior somewhere, but the white/silver won't work as the primary material.

9. NTAPHSE

NTAPHSE

You headed down there this week? :)

10. atomickustom

atomickustom

You can get them built with any backspacing and width you want, all should cost the same. Got mine several years ago from someone in California (Early Wheel, maybe?) and the price was the same regardless of backspacing. Only took a week or two to get them, as I recall, although they were bare and not chromed.

11. MikeRose

MikeRose
    from Yuma, AZ

I was just there on friday of last week. lol No plans to head down there this week. I could send you a sample of it, but its been several months so I am not 100% sure they'll still have it. I can check next time, but it sounds like that might be too late.

I do think pearl white would look awesome in your car.

12. NTAPHSE

NTAPHSE

Of course the color is not accurate from a cell phone pic viewed on a computer monitor, but what do you guys think about this pearl vinyl? I'm going to the upholstery shop to see what other options he has. I don't think it matches very well but my wife says I'm colorblind.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

Are they supposed to be the same colour?

14. NTAPHSE

NTAPHSE

No it's not supposed to be the same, I just need to find something that won't clash. I guess there's always plain white, but the pearl looks so much nicer.

15. daddio211

daddio211

It looks more "sand" colored on my monitor. Hold out for the pearl white. If you don't you'll always regret it, and if you do you'll always be glad you did.

Start another thread here regarding pearl white vinyl. You know someone will have some they'd be willing to sell to you, or at least point you to someone who does.

16. daddio211

daddio211

My wife says it's not sand, its taupe.

17. Builtforsin

Builtforsin

I think it'll be a pretty good color choice. Probably oughta snap a pic of it if you can outside. Bet in the sunlight you can get a better idea of the color.

18. NTAPHSE

NTAPHSE

Here it is in the sunlight. Fluorescent office lights do make things look nasty. Just looking at the pics on my monitor is quickly convincing me that this isn't the right color. I guess if I can't find a cooler pearl I will go with pure white.

[​IMG]

19. Mr.Dickies

Mr.Dickies

I would say hold off for the white! The blue outside with white inside will be real nice. Then the question would be adding any color inserts? Navy blue with a either late 50's early 60's Caddie or impala fabric would be my first pick.

20. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Those smoothies are of piss poor quality, unless you indeed to keep your car in climate controlled enviroment and never drive it, I'd stay away.

21. cleatus

cleatus
    from Sacramento

Serious clash.
    Hold out for real white pearl, or even just white vinyl.
    That sand/taupe color will ruin the color scheme you got going.

22. daddio211

daddio211

Another thought cuz you asked.

Have you ever walked up to a car with a gorgeous paint job that was tastefully customized, only to look at its very nicely done interior that doesn't match the rest of the car? That's the vibe I'm getting with the sample you have.

Wait for the right vinyl. You'll find it.

23. Don't like the offwhite peals with the painted parts. Way too much blue in the paint and it clashes.

Not like you need more people telling you what to do with your car, but pearlized blue like the Thunderbirds rocked the house down.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

24. NTAPHSE

NTAPHSE

Funny, that's the original color of the T-Bird interior that I'm using.

25. NTAPHSE

NTAPHSE

26. NTAPHSE

NTAPHSE

OE's should be here tomorrow. Now if I just had tires to put on 'em...

27. Builtforsin

Builtforsin

In the December 2011 issue of Rod and Custom is a feature on a 1961 Chrysler Imperial. There is only one pic of the interior, but it is done in a pearl white vinyl that seems to be much brighter white then the sample you have. I dunno if you've seen it, but if that's what you're looking for, it does exist.

28. MikeRose

MikeRose
    from Yuma, AZ

I think the pearl vinyl I got in MX is more white than that. It is still a slightly warm in tone, though I think.

I was looking at a banana seat I have on a bike, its a modern made seat and has a bright white vinyl with a silver flake in it. Its definitely bright white, glossy and the silver flake doesn't over power it.

29. NTAPHSE

NTAPHSE

Wheels just got here. Still working on the tires.

Picking up headliner bows and other assorted parts from Kaiser Larry tonight. Visiting upholstery shop to look for a better pearl white tomorrow. GO GO GO!

[​IMG]