Register now to get rid of these ads!

rant

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rainhater1, Sep 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. caseyscustoms

caseyscustoms
    BANNED
    from st.joe, MO

that might be true, but seriously have you played any of the games??

halo reach is unbelievable, and gears of war 3 just came out. i mean damn!
    :D

2. kiljoy

kiljoy

im 25 and i have 3 little girls. 5, 2 and 1. i bring them to all kinds of events and i must say they have never acted up but i also raise them like i was raised. i believe in spanking (not leaving any marks just enough so they feel it) even though i have caught hell for it (usually by hippies who's kids are future inmates that i will be supporting with my tax dollars)

3. 61TBird

61TBird

Seriously???? You "asked them"?...

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4WM-1M1t3gw" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

4. tjet

tjet
    1. Early Hemi Tech

Yep, same car show give away here. My kid got a frisbee and I told him it wasn't for here. He understood though, but lets face it - car shows are boring and kids get bored real fast. You cant blame a kid if if doesn't want to sit still for 3-4 hrs in a damn lawnchair. The car show "people" shouldn't be handing out the kind of stuff. Free water - yes, balls - no.

5. tjet

tjet
    1. Early Hemi Tech

Oh yeah. I'm currently hooked on the new Golden Eye on my kids Wii. I got the game pack that comes with the cool gold classic controller :cool:

6. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Computer games? Seriously?
    Go out and fight for real, then you will see those games for what they are.

Doc.

7. 60galaxieJJ

60galaxieJJ

thats so fucked! if i was old and someone threatened me like that theyd find out what a tie iron tastes like.

8. Zettle Bros.

Zettle Bros.

I'm 36 and have friends with kids. Some have very behaved ones others make you wish you were never friends with them. I think it's a thought of "Hey, every one our age is having kids, we should too." then a couple years down the road it "Hey, you got to watch kids?" " You have to tell them right from wrong?" "I didn't know this was going to be so much work." " I just want to go to social events and show that I have a couple kids, like having two cars in the garage, without being responsible for them." Not like in the old days of " Wait till your father gets home!!"

9. Rick Sis

Rick Sis
    from Tulsa OK

So, was this one of those culture with a "K" ratfest events that tends to draw those with limited brain capacity?

10. slater

slater

Totally agreed!!

11. Muttley

Muttley

Just one more reason the only kid I can stand is my own and some of the time I dont even like her. ;) :D

12. skoh73

skoh73

Yep, that's idiots breeding. Lemme get this straight, YOU were lucky he didn't kick YOUR ass? What in the hell is this world coming to? After the second time with the ball I would have put it in my trunk. Game over. Kids seem to be the newest accessory these days with minimal thought given to actually nurturing and disciplining them.

We also had a paddle hanging on the wall of the kitchen. It had "fanny whacker" painted on it with an image of a crying child. I always thought twice about doing something bad when I remembered that thing waiting for me. It was like a freaking cribbage board!

13. I think young mr badass needed an old man ass whoopin , it's amazing what a punch in the fuckin neck can do!

14. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

they may be to blame, but will they accept the blame??? Probably not. That is the attitude of the "entitled". makes me want to vomit.

15. 48FordFanatic

48FordFanatic
    from Maine

Its a simple lack of respect. Its the Me Generation . Its a father who's example to his children is to rather than show respect, threaten violence. There is no cure for stupidity .

16. Ratroddude

Ratroddude
    BANNED

or throat for that matter....

17. HellRaiser

HellRaiser
    from Podunk, NE

Rainhater1, Sorry to put it to you this way, but you're pissing and moaning to the wrong media, The HAMB here.

You should be putting this rant in writing to the newspaper there. Let the promoters and other guys who take their cars to those Show and Shines, that you ain't coming back till they clean up their act.

Let them know that it's a car show, not a kiddie show. Let them know that if there is any "Damage" to your car while it is at their show, that you'll gladly take them to court for the amount of damages incurred at their show. (They've either got insurance to cover your loss, or you'll be taking it out of their next years budget)

None of us want to have our rides to even get a strangers hand prints on our rides when they're parked at a Show and Shine, or any other venue you might wish to call a car show, let along a ding from some out of control kid that doesn't know any better.

All little towns or businesses like the press, but bad press, they don't like.

Different places, put on car shows to bring in the bucks that us car people spend. But if the ole hind teat is going to dry up, then they make changes.

The squeaking wheel gets the grease, but unfortunately, I can't help you much here on the HAMB to get your message out to the promoters there, except to pass on to you this little tid bit.

HellRaiser

Last edited: Sep 25, 2011
  18. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

This world is going to hell in an ass basket,
    maybe you shoulda took that ball and dribbled it off of his cars door for 20 min. or so

i guess two wrongs dont make a right, but a left to the jaw and right to the gut might get their attention:rolleyes:, just kidding
    some parents think respect is something their brat was supposed to get out of a cereal box, or this bunked up school system

My Dad and I were at a show a week or so back, he's got a beautiful stock 53 Cranbrook, and some brat comes up to the side of my Dads car and starts to write his name in it with spit..yeah spitting on his fingers and drawing on the door!
    my 'Ol man moves pretty quick he got to the little guy faster than the 30 year old father of the brat, and told him "No son, thats not what you do to cars, any car".. and off the kid was running toward another classic:eek::mad:

Gets pretty bad when you contemplate bringing guard rails or ropes and stands to an open car show, but brats dont even recognise that as a "dont touch" symbol, ive seen em duck under them at Autorama

Its probably different for our kids, they have been brought up in it, and learned to respect the car its self more.

when this generation of kids hits this fuckked up world, its going to implode

19. A lot of parents today seem to believe it's easier to just give in to everyone of their little bastards whims, rather then actually disciplining them.
    Because of these lazy parents, we as a society are the lucky recipients of the actions of these uncontrolled bastards.
    "The times..they are a changin"

20. CheaterRome

CheaterRome
    from URANUS

I agree with some of the stuff on here. I have two girls that are 4 and 7 and they both know how to act at car shows and my 4 year old is a little ball of anarchy. Just bad parenting IMHO.

My question is what the hell are you doing at a Wendys car show? They really have no interest except for their bottom line.
    Give back to the culture that gives to you and support your local hotrodders and shops. Organize and attend those shows and I'm just guessing that incidents like this aren't as common or happening at all.

Rome

21. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

I raised my kids to be respectful and decent people. I have NEVER had either one act out in public, no tantrums in K-Mart, no disrespect around cars, nothing. Sure, a little quiet whining "Dad, can we go home, I'm bored", but that's it.

22. dean13

dean13

I have a 40 year old DR. that lives next door. One day I'm having a conversation with her and this brat of a kid keeps pulling at her and interupting me, mommy come on, mommy come on. After i can't stand it anymore I say Hey! I'm talking to your Mom here and your being rude. Kid sulks away, Mom looks surprised I said something. So yea, it has alot to do with parents.The kid don't like me to this day, been about 3 years. Oh well, can't stand rude behavior. dt

23. GTSDave

GTSDave

Amen Doc!

-Dave

24. chromedRAT

chromedRAT

Dude needed throttled. As far as asses being saved, a local younger type (but older than me) was playing his music loud, etc., when this old timer asked him to turn it down. Same rude response, forget what was said, but the old timer, probably 70 or better, beat the snot out of the guy. The punk did have the decency to tell his wife not to call the cops. Sometimes violence is the answer. It makes people realize they CAN'T always slide through every day acting however they please and not have a busted face. I'm a young parent, those are just my thoughts, and I try to be damned polite to everybody I see and whatever property they own.

25. farcus1

farcus1

Because he has a right to be there, the snot noses don't.

26. Parents who can't control their kids at car shows should be thrown out on their asses and even worse if they're displaying a car, they should know better. They should be told to get in it and f--k off home by the organisers... its just bloody rude to let your kids run riot round other peoples cars. Failing that give 'em a water pistol full of paint stripper and tell to go squirt daddies car!

27. Ratroddude

Ratroddude
    BANNED

Better watch out , the mods police are out and about , they deleted my rant thread because "the thread was worse than my user name"....If you want to delete my thread (and you guys do it alot) , that's cool , your world , your rules , but , no need to be a smartass , I respect all that are here , and I'll bet you $10.00 to a mouthfull of piss ,you wouldn't be so cute face to face , keyboard cowboy.....

28. John B

John B

Exactly.

29. cheveey57

cheveey57

The second time the ball hit the car I would've picked it up and popped it. End of brat and story.

30. 29 bones

29 bones
    from so cal

as a young father my kids have(car show rules),....they love cars and have the respect for them and they are only 4 and 5 years old.
    Last weekend they asked one guy to sit in his car and the nice gent let them climb all over
    the model T........the owner and his wife enjoyed the fact two little kids liked cars so much.......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.