Register now to get rid of these ads!

rant

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rainhater1, Sep 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rainhater1

rainhater1
    BANNED
    from az

Went to a car show today, usually a great show, Wendys gave out small plastic air balls to the small kids, We were sitting enjoying the show when our neighbors kids started to kick the ball's around. After 3 hit's on our car I asked them to control their kids. I was told that if the show gave them out they could kick them anywhere they wanted. Later we were having our car striped. They continued to kick the balls and just cleared the striper by inches hitting the car. The father told me that the only thing that saved my ass is beacuse I was old. What is happing to our young parents? Remember don't fight the elderly they will just kill you.

2. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

Wow! Just wow, unbelievable.

3. Ratroddude

Ratroddude
    BANNED

Ass + Belt = control....... mabye to the kid as well......

4. custom53

custom53

what is so hard about controlling your kids? when i was a kid all my dad had to do was look at me and i knew i was in trouble. kids today have no respect for anything but the damn video games.

5. It's not the kids, it's the parents, err the sperm donars. Sadly a lot are not more than that. I would have moved my car and had a talk with the organizers + whoever had the bright idea of giving stuff to kids that can be thrown or kicked. But that's just me.

6. SulphuriousSam

SulphuriousSam

No respect comes from parents not disciplining their kids. Not the kids fault mom n dad don't give a crap. Sorry for the bad experience I feel for ya

7. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thats why you should always carry an entrenching tool in your car. They make a great weapon and then it aids in hiding the body's.

Doc.

8. waldo53

waldo53
    from ID

It's unbelievable what some parents let their kids get away with. You can take consolation in the fact that those little darlings are going to put those lax parents through pure hell when they get older - but society will more than likely have to deal with them at some point.

This is why I pretty much confine my activities to cruise nights, just car people, no unruly spectators. Too bad it has gotten this way.

9. Very well said. I got to know the "look" very well after a while. Haha

Sadly these misfits are even ruining cruise nights / car shows here too.

10. dvzdeathtrap

dvzdeathtrap
    from austin, tx

this country is going to hell in a handbag. no one has any respect. and god forbid you beat your kids ass when they deserve it. their parents obviously didn't get spanked either. i remember my mother beating me and my brother to degrees that would have landed her in jail today. we behaved though. -DVZ

11. went to one a few years ago where they were giving away frisbees...same nonsense took place

12. rainhater1

rainhater1
    BANNED
    from az

Show was full but tomorrow when we go back I will be at the promoters desk and we will have a big discussion. This is one of the biggest shows on the white mountain in AZ.

13. thepolecat

thepolecat
    1. S.F.C.C.

I am 28 and have a nearly 2 year old- If she were to do that once she would be in time out. Second time.... she would be sorry. I m also a teacher and have to agree that I do not know what is up with parents today. I guess I am kind of old school, but it worked well for me!

14. why not just bounce the ball off the parents head about a hundred times, then use the same excuse you were given.

15. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Time out!!?? For real?

16. mikesplumbing

mikesplumbing
    from Midwest

I got a severe spanking once, that all it took. Been great friends with my mom and dad aver since.:D

17. BAD PENNY

BAD PENNY
    from mass

Recently at a cruise I was sitting down enjoying a burger when I saw 2 kids throwing rocks at each other. (there were pea stones all around the port o johns) So I yelled "knock it off". One of the kids starts to cry so the Mom finally notices them and scoops the kid up glaring at me cuz I scarred her brat !!! Clueless

18. slickhale

slickhale
    from Phoenix

being younger and having 3 small kids myself i can honestly say there are a lot of parents my age that think their kids have free reign to do whatever they want. i can sure ass hell guarantee that i'm smart enough to not let my kids kick a damn ball anywhere near any car let alone ones at a show. the sad thing is its the moron assholes that breed faster than anyone else.

19. thepolecat

thepolecat
    1. S.F.C.C.

Yup, it was a compromise between her mother and I. My wife was beaten as a child so she was anti spank all together- I showed her it could be done right on our daughter early and she has now seen the light. I am not ashamed of the time out because we use it consistently and with reason. My daughter- who is not even two, doesn't even need a warning.; all I have to do is say her name with my "awesome" authority and she knows. So yes, time out.

20. I'm over sixty and am amazed and somtimes shocked at what some parents let their kids do. It all comes down to respect for others but it seems that it is fading from society. Too bad.

21. JimC

JimC
    from W.C.,Mo.

Dont take all kinds, we just gots all kinds.:)

22. On the bright side, you know sooner or later they'll do something that hits the parents in the wallet. The parents won't get it, they never will even if the kid burns the house down, but they'll pay.

23. dmikulec

dmikulec

Just the sight of the paddle hanging in the archway between the living room and dining room was all it took for me.

Paddles as wall art. It works. ;)

24. Sorry you had to put up with a bunch of bullshit on your Saturday at a show. That really does blow. Some similar crap happened at a baseball game i was at where each fan got a baseball. By the 3rd inning they were being thrown all over the place including the field. Good thing that it was not me in your shoes--i got a feeling me and that jackass might have had more than words. Maybe his kids need to see ol dad get his ass handed to him. Hope your next show is a better one. That's why we need HAMB sections at shows--at least were on the same page.

25. 39 All Ford

39 All Ford
    from Benton AR

Well mommy and daddy didn't want to crush their little spirits by making the little angels not kick their ball into cars....

Parents like these don't understand that they are doing their kids a great disservice by not instilling some form of common courtesy. Some day lil jr. will kick the ball into the wrong car or motorcycle and get his little ass beat, and mommy and daddy will be to blame.

26. 1954Bill

1954Bill
    from Long Beach

X2 my dad what steel toe boots !!!

27. Moneymaker

Moneymaker

"I ain't as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was."
    :cool:

28. banjeaux bob

banjeaux bob
    from alaska

I was taken to the doctor to get my welts treated.I never got in trouble at school.Whatever I got at school was a treat compared to what was wating for me once I got home.

Manners were taught at home and exercised EVERYWHERE.Respect was due EVERYONE.

When I go to the store and see a kid giving his or her mother fits.... I put on my ogre outfit and tell the kid to quit.Then walk away.It just about puts the little turds into tears. Like has been said before,it's not the kids...it's the parents. There is nothing politically incorrect about judicously administered corporal punishment.In fact,it probably would keep our prisons from overfilling!

BanjeauX Bob

29. little pricks need a good ol whack round the arse, maybe show them how to respect others property.Had my bucket at a show once, came back from the toilet and noticed some arsehole parent was letting there kid climb all over the exhausts etc,let him have it,I guess they are a product of there upbringing ,if there parents dont give a fuck I guess the kid don't think they should either. Got a friend with a little boy who gets the time out bullshit and has never been spanked, hes outa control to the point where I try to avoid him at all costs, bet he'd think twice about it if he knew he was gunna get a hand round his arse everytime he played up. Rekon parents are becoming to bloody PC and soft.

30. That is why I go to less and less shows that the public is welcome. The shows for car people only is generally way better. Some of the blame should also be put on the show orginizers because they dont seem to police there own event. If your going to welcome the public they need to be informed of the no touching rule. Alot of them dont seem to know basic manners.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.