Register now to get rid of these ads!

20.000 Classic Cars Wasting Away In RI Junkyard

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SaveOldCars, Sep 24, 2011.

1. SaveOldCars

SaveOldCars
    from Germany

2. duke182

duke182

not a shame if they can be bought

definately a shame if not

3. 66Coronet440

66Coronet440

That place is well known up north. I've heard he wants top dollar for most of that stuff.

4. The37Kid

The37Kid

Someone was a poor businessman, having enough property to cover with junk cars and not part them and crush the remains, is just silly. Not every car deserves to be saved IMO.

5. Black Primer

Black Primer

If you owned all those cars would you give them away? I'd be happy just to find the parts I needed.

6. Hemiman 426

Hemiman 426
    from Tulsa, Ok.

Guy sure liked Mopars!

7. I saw enough 'cuda back glass' to put my grandkids thru college
    what a waste

8. Roger Walling

Roger Walling

If the Super Bee Has a good front end it is worth $1000.

9. It looks to me like he had been selling parts off of them at one time. Got to remember, if you have a salvage yard with cars that are that old, you don't get customers coming in every day wanting parts. You have to sit on them awhile because there isn't much demand for used parts for 50 year old cars. If it were me I would advertise online to a bigger customer base than just local.

10. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

My vision is corrected to 20/20 and the biggest commodity I see is RUST. He definitely is a Mopar man and they rust faster than just about any other brand. Also notice that the most demand parts are already removed, probably years ago. If it were mine I'd call in the crusher and give all of them a humane ending, pocket the proceeds and live out my life in some faraway sunny land with a mile wide smile on my face.

Frank

11. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

this has been covered time and time again here on the HAMB. do a search before posting.FYI dont attempt to just show up and expect to get anything. the guy who owns them has fallen off the deep end and is not an easy person to deal with.

12. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

FNG posts link to old wrecking yard in the North East. For about the hundredth time in the past four years. Now back to our regular programing. As Farmergal said a lot of people have tried to buy stuff off the guy and he is beyond hard to deal with for most people.

13. solid

solid

I'm sick of the ''do a search'' police. He can post what he wants, if the mods dont like they will delete it. I love when people post on a time and time again posted post just to post ''do a search''. Man i used post alot there. What ever happens to all those old cars, there is a ton of $$$$$$$$$$, scrap or parts....

Last edited: Sep 24, 2011
  14. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

the fact of the matter is that this same exact junkyard was JUST posted about a week or a week 1/2 ago. the fact is that this partcular junkyard has been covered here on the hamb multipe times over. a simple search about it would take 2 seconds to not take up more bandwidth on a topic thats been covered 5 bagillion times already. they guy is a crazy drunk who fell off the deep end when he lost his wife (supposedly) and he is gaurding the place with his life...and lots of guns. the town and state are after him. he does not sell.

15. solid

solid

Another fact is, i bet it wasnt even 1 bagillion times.

16. dorf

dorf
    from ohio

90%mopars 90% rust. ill bet that 56 plymouth 2 door wagon is a real rare piece

17. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

what is the great song in that video?

18. As was said earlier, it looks to me like there's a whole lotta rust there plus
    quite a few parts have been sold off those cars in prior years. He might
    do well to scrap the worst ones to decrease the flock and put some money
    in his pocket. Then keep the best ones, such as they are, and try to sell
    them however he chooses to.....whole or parts.

We used to have an old car salvage yard in this area (the last one of
    its kind) (J & M Salvage) - his cars were not as rusty but were pretty
    well picked over. He finally called in the crusher as his health became
    bad. Right at the end I think he was selling complete cars for $100 and
    storage units (old busses and trailers) for $100. At least, a few guys
    got a good deal.

I went there looking right at the end......could not find anything there I
    really needed or wanted....and he had a fair amount of old Mopars.

19. I think its spelled Go-Jillionth..... Try that...Cause if I remember right...Forest Gump was a Go-Jillionaire....
    [​IMG]

20. Why would you do a search unless you knew what you were looking for? Our German friend found it on YouTube and wanted to share it. Do you "do a search" for everything you post just in case you don't "offend" someone who has already seen it?
    I am with solid, I think the 'do a search" police like to bitch.

21. fanspete

fanspete

"Listen here,boy, I want $3000 for it. If it don't sell for that, I'm scrappin' it".
    What is scrap price for a rusted out/stripped Mopar? 250-300 bucks max?

22. If you think this guy is hard to deal with, try being in his position for a while and after a few years you'll hate the entire world too.

Rusted out or not most of them are around two tons - that's $600 if I haul it in intact, more if it's already crushed/processed - most yards pay you about half what they get per ton going back out the door. Now figure my time for babysitting you, hauling out the one you want, moving whatever has to be moved, etc etc etc.... you better believe it's $3000 just for you for the hassle to put up with you. The scrap guy has his own liability, will come to me, buys in volume, and doesn't give a shit what's rotted or broken.

23. speedfreek155

speedfreek155

The sad fact is that this is only one of more than we would care to imagine places nestled in the corners of this great land . You cant save them all , but you hate to see "good" wasted .

24. to fly

to fly
    from melb. oz

Unclescooby, that great song is The Green Fields of France by the Dropkick Murphys.

25. BAD PENNY

BAD PENNY
    from mass

What a shame...if only those cars could talk...what stories they could tell !!!

26. SaltCoupe

SaltCoupe
    from Indiana

Agree'd. No matter how many times something has been posted, some of us have other things to do and don't get to see everything. Keyboard Nazis should back-off. Their time would be better spent out in the garage building something. Live and let live.

27. SaveOldCars

SaveOldCars
    from Germany

Thanks for all the positive (and the negative, people are way too aggressive nowadays) feedback. This is my video by the way, I've found that yard not too long ago and I just wanted to share it with you guys. I heard it isn't well known at all.

I'm sorry if I offended someone for posting this the "bagillionth" time, but hey, I'm called SaveOldCars so the least thing I can do is spread the word am I right?

28. burnout2614

burnout2614

Before the days of 'Pull-a-pat' and other Corporate-owned yards I found it necessary to build a relationship with yard owners. They were all, in my area, extremely eccentric, ornery, rude and could be just plain mean. BUT I would go in, sit around patiently, play with the dogs, etc until the owner asked me what I wanted. I never went straight in demanding anything. I really miss those places and wish I was closer to this yard above. Is RI near Cleveland? peace

29. :D:D Yes Indeed, Thank You!

30. csimonds

csimonds

Well I'm gonna jump in here, after looking at the video it looks as though you have pictures of 2 seperate wrecking yards in RI. The one with all the Mopars is Harry Hall's place in Scituate, RI on Plainfield Pike (Rt. 14) The staff at this yard is quite friendly and will let you poke around as long as you sign in. Now the other pictures that are in the woods is the West Greenwich, RI yard, that is Junior's yard (Highway Motors), and I do not suggest wondering up there by yourself unless invited. As farmergal stated Junior can be a handful if you do not know him.

sorry to hijack your thread SaveOldCars, but I noticed those Superbee's stacked on top of eachother and remember seeing them not to long ago up at Hall's Garage. So thats what maked me think you got both yards in there. I know for a fact Harry Hall is a Mopar guy.
    Chuck