Register now to get rid of these ads!

Bad Luck, another tale of thievery...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bardahl1, Sep 24, 2011.

1. bardahl1

bardahl1

My car was at Cruisin for a Cure today in my display booth. I had a girl that works for me there all day handing out flyers, answering questions, and talking to people - but she's not a hot rod girl and probably thought nothing of people checking out my car. So sometime after noon some thieving low life stole my shift knob. It was an old origional ceramic swirl knob. Not a big ticket item but it was special to me.

I know that they repop 'em now but that knob was a present from my friend when I bought the car off of him. He had a box of them that he'd collected long before they ever thought of repops. I've got 80K grabbing that shape and its like an old pair of pants - I like it. It's sentimental. My kid likes it. Kinda sucks.

Just in case anyone 'hears' of a friend of a friend w/ a new blue swirl knob.... or whatever..... it had a few chips underside around the insert. I figure its worth a try here, and it's part of my job to be at almost every hot rod related show in So Cal so you bet I'll be lookin. Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

sticky finger fucks

hope you get it back, and get a chance to tump the chump in the head with it

Last edited: Sep 24, 2011
  3. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Some people are lower than a pile of steaming dog crap.

Hope you get it back somehow.

4. Cub8556

Cub8556

I really don't understand people. I hope karma is a real bitch to whoever stole it

5. dvzdeathtrap

dvzdeathtrap
    from austin, tx

man, at a charity gig too. what the hell is the matter w/ people now days? no one has any respect for other's property anymore -DVZ

6. dvzdeathtrap

dvzdeathtrap
    from austin, tx

the morons will probably end up putting it on e-bay. -DVZ

7. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

A lot of times something like you shift knob will wind up lying in some assholes dresser drawer and never see duty on a car ever again.

That is the way some of these thieves operate, the just collect stuff, sometimes they don't even own a car.

Cops up here caught a group of kids with over 500 hood ornaments and other auto name tags they had "collected".

Not one of them had more than a skateboard to ride. :mad:

8. tjmercury

tjmercury

Man, I wish you all the luck in the world. I REALLY hope you also get a piece outta the low life scumbag with the sticky fingers. STUPID....can't fix if....can't beat it out of 'em.

9. BEAR

BEAR

i will keep my eyes and ears out the IE way for you

10. Paul B

Paul B

Man that sucks

11. big creep

big creep

wow that sucks, if you find it and get it back use loctite, lets see them try to take it next time.

12. RAY With

RAY With

World is full of non caring low life's and until we wipe out a few and send a strong message it will never stop.

13. Thieves are getting braver every day. In plain view at a charity event. What the hell !!?!!!

Hope you find it man. Stuff like this makes me mad. Sorry to hear about this

In some countries if ya get caught stealin' they chop off your hand. Imagine if the US could implement something like that!! :)

14. Man, that just SUCKS! I'm sorry that happened to you. What the hell is wrong with some people?

15. speedfreek155

speedfreek155

way too many giant @$$hole$ out there , he get his .

16. pinman 39

pinman 39

I got ripped of by a "Scrapper" this week .We caught the asshole ,maybe you will catch
    yours too. Good Luck.

17. OLLIN

OLLIN

Thats lower than low. Steling from people at a cancer benefit show?!!

18. slickhale

slickhale
    from Phoenix

start carrying a sock with you, if you come across the guy with the knob just put the knob in the sock and hit him in the face with it. you'll feel much better after that:D. nothing worse than a chickenshit theif, i feel for ya

19. Morrisman

Morrisman
    from England

Stealing at a charitable cause event does not come much lower!

I sure hope the correct sort of karma does the right trick on the scumbag!

20. Moneymaker

Moneymaker

Everytime I hear of something like this my blood boils because it reminds me of one year at the US Nationals in Indy when some low life stole one of the MUSTANG scripts off the fender of my 65.
    :mad:

21. Offset

Offset
    from Canada

I just do not understand why people have no respect for the property of others. You are right, it is a small item but it was your small item and special to you. I hope by some chance that you get it back, you never know.

Sorry it happened.

22. jipp

jipp

how do you tell a re pop fro original? do the repops have a set screw to help prevent this piss poor behavior..

chris,

23. dodored

dodored
    from Concord NC

I would watch craigs list in your area for sure

24. 50'custom

50'custom

I know how you feel man,last week at a fle market/swap meet type thing somebody smashed the passenger side window out of my O/T DD and stole my wifes purse with our birth records,our 2 boys s/s cards and our debit card. We should not have left the purse in there I know but the truck was parked in a VERY bizzy parking lot. Our important stuff was only in the purse because we had to do some paper work later that we needed those docs for......they got a tank of fuel out of us before we shut the card off. Anyway,I sure hope you are able to track down that shifter ball man it looks pretty neat. !

25. Mad Mark

Mad Mark

Reminds me of the guy on here that had his gas cap swiped off his Vette at a car show. Low life thieves ae just that. They don't give a rat's ass how long you've had it and/or how hard you worked for it. Having numerous items taken from me over the years, god help it if I find someone in the act of stealing something of mine. They're gonna get 40+ years of pent up ass whooping that will probably get me manslaughter charges.

26. 2935ford

2935ford

Plain and simple.........I hate thieves!

27. bardahl1

bardahl1

origionals are not round but oblong, like a smashed circle, and it has slight smooth grooves running around it

i have a repop, it's totally round and smooth

theres no good way to 'lock it on', just gotta get together and run off the thieves from our shows....

and thanks to everyone for the help!

28. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Unreal but not a big surprise. It's gonna get worse as the economy continues to erode...

29. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It's probably sitting on some lowlife's dresser or desk right along with the Mercedes Hood ornament he broke off a car in the parking lot and next to that are a set of shiny valve caps taken off someones vehicle that had new wheels on it. All souvenirs from the parent dragging them down to spend time at the charity event and then not watching them.

30. Takes a real asshole to do that...Hope it turns up for ya.