Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures "A Sweet Sickness: The Flathead Movie"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Zombie Hot Rod, Apr 11, 2011.

1. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

come on come on come on come on!!!!!!!!

Iv been waiting every day since i ordered it!

Is it here yet? is it here yet is it here yet?

2. oldiron73

oldiron73
    from WISCONSIN

Looks awesome.......Have to get mine ordered.......

3. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

got mine yesterday and watched some this morning. now i must go to work.

4. Received mine last weekend - have watched about 1/2 of it . . . cool stuff so far. I think it would be especially good for somebody who is new to flatheads and wants to learn a lot of the basics. For us 'old flathead dogs', we'll already know the details - but it is still fun to see how others are doing things and why. There are always new things to try out for performance -- does give me a few ideas!

B&S

5. rockstar96

rockstar96

Thanks Brian got mine the other day,watched it 6 times already,awesome vid,
    one question there is a clip that slowly pans down an Ardun head and there is a small brass plaque with Made In England,what's that all about then,thought Ardun was made in the US of A?

Thanks again Brian.

David

6. Zombie Hot Rod

Zombie Hot Rod
    from New York

I believe that Ardun went bankrupt in the late forties, and Zora Duntov (the designer of The Ardun Heads) moved to England to work with Allard. When he went to England he brought some left over Ardun parts with him. The Over Head Value Conversions that were assembled in England from those parts had a brass "Made in England" tag riveted to the valve covers.

I'm not 100% positive, so don't quote me.

7. Living in Australia sucks when your waiting for something........still dont have mine :(

8. bubba67

bubba67
    from NJ

Brian, it was great to see you again at the Alter Boys show, bought a copy of " A Sweet Sickness" while there and can honestly say that you've outdone yourself on this one ! Awesome, Awesome movie. Jim

9. Strittan

Strittan
    from Sweden

I ordered three of your DVD's the other day (The Road to Bonneville, The Devil at Your Feet and A Sweet Sickness). Can't wait for them to get here!

10. Lotek_Racing

Lotek_Racing

Got mine yesterday!

Loved the movie but I still am not a fan of punk rock.

It sounds like the special-ed students got into the band room.

Other than that, it was great, thanks Brian!

11. Bone Head

Bone Head
    from Kansas

Awesome, can't wait to see it.

12. Zombie Hot Rod

Zombie Hot Rod
    from New York

I'd say only a small fraction of the songs in the movie are what you consider to be "punk rock", the rest is surf rock, and blues. . . but I said it before and I'll say it again, send me some music from your band and I'll gladly consider using it. :)

The bands I use are friends bands that I like to help promote (you know the old saying, support those who support you). Many of the guys in these bands not only own, but build hot rods and have a lot to do with keeping the hot rod scene alive. Myself and my band included.

I made a living playing punk rock, and bought all of the parts for my first couple of cars with money earned playing no good, talentless, filthy punk rock music. I've built over twenty hot rods with punk rock playing in the background, so to me it makes sense.

To everyone who enjoyed the movie, thanks for the kind words. A lot of hard work goes into making one of these things. Driving around, flying around, spending all of my money, and months editing (took over a year to make this particular movie).

So in the end it's all worth it when someone tells me they like it and were inspired by the film.

I've been getting a lot of emails from guys telling me that they were gonna put a different motor in their car, but are now going with a flathead after watching the movie. . . I guess that's one of the biggest compliment I can get.

Thanks for the support!

13. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

Brian I watched it the other night and both myself and my wife loved it.....as I said in another post, it was cool to see some guys and cars that I had photographed a couple of years ago in the film. I particularly liked the fact that you used the opportunity to educate as well as entertain. Since I'm trying to put together a Flathead powered roadster, that made it all the more enticing. Thanks for all your hard work and your dedication to making the project excellent! Jack

14. D ROD

D ROD
    from New Jersey

Hey Brian, got to meet you at the Rumblers event and purchased the movie from you last weekend at Alter Boys. Hands down Awesome movie, which I have re-watched several times already. I guess it truly does become an addiction. Great meeting you, and wish you all the success selling this production. Keep doing what you do man. Thanks!!!

15. henrys_way

henrys_way
    from Maine

Just got my copy in the mail! Cant wait to watch it!

16. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

got mine the other day, excellent work man! Was going to introduce myself in Erie PA a few weeks back but by the time I got around to it, you had already split... oh well, next time. Again, great work!

17. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

The two of you probably were the only assholes above 6 feet 4 inches. Probably stared at each other all day saying "who the hell is that tall drink of water?". :D:D:D

18. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

flatheads forever!

19. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Here's my son enjoying a little of A Sweet Sickness in his playroom.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZGresELbsYg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

20. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

get that camera out of my face man! i am getting my hot rod gene jump started.

21. Zombie Hot Rod

Zombie Hot Rod
    from New York

Now that's pretty awesome!

22. Lotek_Racing

Lotek_Racing

You're correct, I deserved that :D

I like the blues and the surf rock, overall, I loved the movie.

I can't play anything but the stereo so I'm sure I'd sound much worse.

Keep up the good work man, A+

Shawn

23. NoelNYC

NoelNYC

Bring some to Clvd, I'm need one or two, Great Job bro !...
    See you soon.

24. jipp

jipp

verycool video of your son.. he is all man dad.. get the camera outof here this is hotrod time.. not play time:d he seems to be very interested on the fatheads ( they do sound cool ).. guys and cars man. it goes much deeper than anyone of us can admit..its DNA.
    i thought the music was fine.. i play a little guitar, and own shit load of them.. walls to walls of guitars.. now that is a sickness. least they take up less room than a bunch of hotrods. even tho id love having a garage full of them too.. at any rate, rock on.
    chris.
    chris,

25. Got mine today. Loved every minute, and learned a TON.

26. erlomd

erlomd

great inspirational video...learned some more things, maybe somethings i didn't want to know...lol and a great movie covered in talent up the wazoo!
    wish it never ended! and it still made room for the sequel!

27. 48FordFanatic

48FordFanatic
    from Maine

Brian, I have two of your movies , The Road to Bonneville, and The Devil at Your Feet. I think the videos are great, but in my opinion your choice of music sucks.

28. Zombie Hot Rod

Zombie Hot Rod
    from New York

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 24, 2011
  29. power58

power58

The movie looks great and I will buy one. I know you work hard on your projects, but you asked for input. I bought the road to bonneville and was disapointed with the punk rock music. I muted the sound until it looked safe to hear some dialog. I will have to mute the flathead movie from what I have heard from the clip you provided. Do you need music at all ? It would be a great production with out any music. I will probably get slamed for my coments, but it's one mans oppion. Punk Rock sounds so angry and intense. Thanks for posting your moive.

30. 60'shotrod

60'shotrod

A very COOL film, I watched at a me mate Paul's house last night.I learned a couple of things which is always good.

Nick.