Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Baddest Hot Rod at Indy Goodguys?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 390Merc, Sep 18, 2011.

1. AMEN - that should be required reading here!

Well Said

Right on - with 2 comments; I want a car to do that to me today, without thinking I'm 12 again - and this one does! And I'm too Anal to NOT try and have a perfect car :cool:

2. mogara

mogara

Ha! Plowboy, we were trying to figure out what part of that orange P.O.S. was pre '72. The owner was certainly proud of it.

3. slinginrods

slinginrods
    from florida

i love the look of this car,i grew up in the early seventies,all the memories i had of "hotrods" were cars built like this.the stance ,wheel tire combo,paint ,engine all say hotrod to me.i like so many styles of hot rods i have a hard time "fitting in" with certain groups and i dont try.i mean a pre war lakes roadster is so simple yet mean,but a forties car is something i really dig,then theres the late 50s early 60s vibe man i love that too.but i grew up in a time of bigblock chevies and metalflake,polished halibrands,blowers were just the shit.dont even get me started on the streetfreak /gasser look.i guess in the end i like alot of styles,i hope i dont lose any of my so called traditional buddies if i can ever build a nicely finished hot rod.when you say traditional ,how do you describe it? is it a 1930s era lakes car?a 1960 era roadster?different strokes for different folks i guess.i wasnt there but it looks badass to me!!

4. ToddJ

ToddJ
    from Marion, IA

Well said Ryan! I love the car regardless of budget. It's dripping with rootbeer colored coolness and that 409 is bad ass. Jeem always does a killer job rendering some amazing hot rods and this one is no exception! The builders nailed it! Awesome car!

5. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Wow, thanks man! Where do I send the check?

6. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Jeem, would you say this one is the one closest to capturing one of your renderings? It sure seems that way to me.

As for the guys bagging on it as just another '32, study the pics and tell me if you think it could be turned back to stock, or even into a '40s style car. I don't think so.

7. SulphuriousSam

SulphuriousSam

I was going to say something, but then Ryan said it....damnit! No really, honest, I was.

Anyway great car and you can tell that even though it's a big budget type rod it also took alot of sweat and blood to build. You don't just go bolting a bunch of crap together out of magazines or catalogs and end up with this ride no matter how much money you throw at it! I didn't see the show or even that many pics yet so I can't say if it was the "baddest" but that ride is definitely "Bad" :)

8. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I like the car in general. There's a few "bling" elements but what the hell. Kinda nails the drag/street vibe and I can see where it would stand out among a sea of 3W Deuces. I'm a little bit let down by the interior. From what I can see there's some nice craftsmanship in the upholstery but the design, the seat itself, it looks almost "store bought" and I think the car deserves better. Something a little more buisness like would have been a really appropriate choice. I'd have left the intake raw also.

I can't dis this car in any way, it's pretty fuckin nice everywhere that I can see. I'm just armchair quarterbacking it because the post asked what we thought. Could I build better? We'll see soon enough...

Edit:
    Holy shit! I replied from the 1st page and didn't see what the big dog said. You fuckin nailed it dude. I frankly didn't want to read all of hater's comments and a car like this brings em out like angry bees most of the time. Thanks for putting it to words. But then again, that's what you do.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2011
  9. sololobo

sololobo

One of lifes lessons escapes us when we are a bit younger and a little frisky. Judging and being negative about a beautiful constructed hot rod is real easy, restraint to appreciate the fit, finish, crafstmanship, and overall quality construction is much harder. I feel good about not judging and enjoying the other person's perspective of a great hot rod, I may have the thoughts of changing to steel wheels, and making other subtle chages to meet my personal taste, but I find great solice in just holding that in and telling the owner he has a super fine car. Give it a whirl, peace and love. ~sololobo~

10. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Yeah, for sure. It was easy though, as it was the car the guys wanted to build anyway!
    One thing, probably not quite as low as my art though....hahahhaa

....and your second point is VERY true. As radical as this car is, I doubt anyone would pick up on all the subtle stuff that was done to the sheet metal from front to back.

11. metalshapes

metalshapes

Its really amazing to see how much some ( often very opinionated ) people do not notice.

I've seen some local Street Rodder dismiss a highly modified '30/31 Model A Coupe as "just a Deuce", and an other one was bagging on a Y-Block because he thought he was looking at a SBC.

And both gentlemen thought they were gods gift to Hot Rodding...

12. Everybody has their own style that they like, but that car hits a grand-slam in my book. The stance, the color, the engine, and the wheels are exactly like the dream hot rod that I have built a million times in my mind since I was a kid. Sure, I would change a few things (add hood sides, black tuck/roll interior, less color on the engine), but I think that Hot Rod Garage definately built a beautiful car.

The first couple of comments on this thread like "yawn", and "1-800", and "I could build it if I had a huge checkbook" really got my chonies in a wad and I resisted commenting until now. I guess that some of the guys who think that black primer, red steelies, and flatheads are the ultimate hotrod can't see past their own windshield. I like all kinds of hotrods, and the one thing I truly appreciate is quality craftsmanship, no matter if it's on a low-dollar driver or a high-dollar trailer queen.

13. slammed

slammed

Not one comment that rubs against the grain could be construed as 'hate' or 'hater'. Those 'you would if you could- you'd be lying if you didn't' comments are arrogant.

14. Steves32

Steves32
    from So Cal

I love it!
    But then, I like a well built shiny car.
    I'd own it w/ a big fat smile & drive the wheels off of it.

15. brandon

brandon

Needs a inch or two drop up front and a taller rear tire...but that's just me:D and ditch the "starting to be main stream" center disks

16. Cshabang

Cshabang

bitchin car... see my signature for my opinion of the whining....Congrats To Hot Rod Garage, and Jeem on an awesome hot rod...no worries, Jimmy, my F100 should be as low as the rendering you did for me haha

17. This is a nicely executed rod. What's not to like? It has a nice rake, a lot of ol' school features and those Halibrand? or similar type rims is the icing on the cake.
    By the way, those rims have a special tint on them, are they powder coated or some specially made one offs?

18. brandon

brandon

Are they imitation mag coated..?

19. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I'm guessing those are the new magnesium real wheels.

20. gotwood

gotwood
    from NYC

The checkbook comment get sold real fast. What does it matter if someone paid or built it themselves. Somebody built the car it wasn't screwed together by robots. To someone building 1 life long dream it just doesn't pay to take the time and money needed to fill a shop full of tools to do it.

Then be able to do everything to the quality of that car on the 1st time out??? Come on.

My favorite stupid comment is "If I had the money I could build better". The reason you do not have the money is because you can't build better otherwise your customers would pay for your crazy good quality.

Come on. This is why every web site should go to real names posted. It would stop all the BS of hiding behind keyboards and making comments.

Nice car do I love it all ...No, but a super nice ride that deserves the title at that moment.

21. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

I thought the same thing, but Jason said they're chrome plated aluminum.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  22. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

pot-stirrer drama...thanks

23. Smokey2

Smokey2

Vee-Rod Said IT ALL !

STANCE>>>>>>SEZ IT ALL

(Quit a Story Also.....)

Smokin' Also (2)

24. RedneckBuz

RedneckBuz
    from Tulsa

Talking with Jim last week i asked him about the wheels. I thought that he said it was a type of powder coat that gave the wheels the nickel look.

25. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

I'll call them tomorrow and find out.

26. Aha! Then I wasn't nuts (at least this time)

27. WillysRule

WillysRule
    from Central FL

That is Real Rodders Wheels' E-Z Care mag finish. It's some type of tinted clear coat that gives aluminum more of a polished magnesium appearance. It sort of gets rid of all the white you see in polished aluminum. The ones on this deuce are some of the nicest looking ones I've seen. I've seen some others that appear a little too dark.

28. What's not to love about a 3w Deuce? It's a beautiful car. Love the paint, colors, motor, wheels, interior, etc, etc, etc.

So....Question: Is it unique?

What sets this apart from every other extremely well done fendered '32 3w?

Not knocking the car at all...wish it was mine.( :( ).... But I've been seeing cars like this in rod mags as since I was big enough to look at pitures.

29. greg32

greg32
    from Indiana

I still think the majority of the guys who make the negative slamming comments on this board don't even have a car. I see the same thing on the drag racing, trash talking boards.

30. slammed

slammed

None. There has been civil responses to this car though out.