Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Baddest Hot Rod at Indy Goodguys?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 390Merc, Sep 18, 2011.

1. jipp

jipp

i like her, i knwo for a fact i like her over the car that won.. but what the hell owner got the car back and hope they drive the piss out of it.. this time next year take a snap shot of the od.. im sure people will be surprise to see its been driven more than 300 miles :D
    and i have no class.. :D
    chris.

2. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

NOW THATS FUNNY!!! This thread needed some humor.

3. Buckster

Buckster

I love those headers. Nice workmanship.

4. racemad55

racemad55

It really is a beautiful car,but IMO a full fendered deuce needs the stock gastank and frame horn covers ,engine looks to "blingy",needs hood sides,oops,did I just discribe the Doyle Gammel coupe ?!

5. JoKerr

JoKerr

Great car glad to see they got it back.

6. This car is beautiful and the paint is to die for, but wouldn't you know it would be a '32 Ford.

7. cgaswillys

cgaswillys
    from New Jersey

Great looking car. Trailer queen it to some shows, win some awards for your efforts (check writing skills), and then drive the shit out of it.

8. I love everything about it. It screams badass to me. I would love to own a car that nice someday. Some of you guys should set your goals a little higher than a beater farm truck with some made up speed shop lettering on it. What do I know though?

9. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

^^^^^what he said

10. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

I am constantly amazed at the responses made here about someone's pride and joy. I've read them all...the positives and the negatives. Some of you should be ashamed of yourself for blasting a well thought out and highly crafted piece of jewelry like this coupe.

So what if one hot rodder has more money and vision than you...it's HIS money and HIS vision. Don't bad mouth him, be glad that this hobby attracts the money and talent to create these one-off cars. It creates ideas and pushes guys to do better with their next build.

If you suddenly won the Lottery and had all the money you would ever want, you'd build a badass ride like this just once, just to say you did it...you're lyin' if you say otherwise.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  11. primed34

primed34

That's the first '32 3 window I've seen in a long time that makes me wish I had kept mine. I also think there are some who wouldn't know a hot rod if it ran over them.

12. slammed

slammed

Man, some of you really feel there was a bash or put down on this car.

13. willysguy

willysguy
    from Canada

Funny, and true.........

14. 43gman

43gman
    from NC

While the workmanship and execution is incredible here, the final statement of the this particular car does very little for me. That is just my view, which with $1.79 will get you a cuppa DD coffee. I don’t think I’m “jealous” or “right” or “wrong.” Everyone has an opinion, and apparently it is okay to voice one's on this forum. Most of the time I choose not to do so.

That said, the only people truly “qualified” to offer opinions, (for or against,) the design/execution of any given car are those that were in the builder/owner’s head when the car was being conceived. Clearly this isn’t possible, so we may need to do the next best thing: keep an open mind and consider all of the factors and variables that were present whenever the car was being built; as well as the builder/owner’s perceived “goal” for the car.

Keeping an open mind is hard for some of us folks, (like myself, that pretty much knows everything there is to know about everything! :D ) My two cents.

15. Mark in Japan

Mark in Japan

Again, let me say....an AWESOME car...without question

I guess I would draw MY line here......

Would my kids run towards it to touch it and get a better look, coz it's gourgeous

or

Would my kids run away from it, coz it's downright scary (and not coz it's ratty)????

I just kinda think that this particular car is slightly more in the former, than the latter....

Again, MY opinion/viewpoint etc

I know a 63 year old bloke here who has nearly finished a fenderless 32 with steelies and 20+ year old white walls, 6 carbs on a Y-Block, painted "Battleship Grey"....so simple....but Downright NASTY. Kids won't go within 15 feet of it!

I'll have no pics until it's all finished I guess...

Let me try to find some pics of Badass...

Last edited: Sep 20, 2011
  16. Mark in Japan

Mark in Japan

I think these are more BadAss than Pretty;

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Cowtown Speed Shop

Cowtown Speed Shop
    from KC

Well said larry......I would just about bet that most of the guys talking bad about this car, are the type that think the more rust holes you have in your ride ,the better....Or they are just jealous as hell!.....personally the car is not quite My cup of tea, But I would never bad mouth something that nice and well built. As far as it being a 1-800 car, I don't know.....Maybe but the craftsmanship here is top shelf......just my 2 cents

18. greg32

greg32
    from Indiana

I led the hot rod of the year tour with Bill Goodwill from GG riding shotgun. I won the first one in 2006. Blew up my trans at Muncie dragway this year, but got to see all the cars run down the road. 41 cars[13 in 2006, probably 20 when 3WLarry competed in 2007]. Some home built, like the pete and jakes 32 sedan, my favorite, some pro built. Guess what, they all ran down the road, went down the drag strip, and everyone had fun. I wish this three window would have been with us, nice car for sure, and would have been the only 409. Theres always next year!

19. fleetbob50

fleetbob50
    from Waco,Texas

let's see now, two groups of Smiths, one in OK and one in North Texas , both
    with a Jason in the family and both have '32 Fords stolen. Looks like a really bad episode of twilight zone, or parallel universes LOL....did the 32 panel stolen in Texas ever get recovered? By the way it is a very nice ride and glad it came home safe.

20. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Man, that black roadster IS badass! Love the green one too..... BTW, your kids wouldn't be so scared of the 3W 'cause it looks like rootbeer candy, but it's still "badass'd"!

21. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Here's a simplified version of how I think it works a lot of times:

A guy gets into hot rods with a budget. He loves the idea of building something economically with ingenuity. He becomes so focused on that, that he almost dismisses cars that are built with a big budget. He writes them off as part of that other sub culture that excludes cars like the one he is building. It's almost resentment. And a lot of times, I find it really hard to blame the guy.

While partaking in that sort of social game though, he misses out on some incredible ingenuity and amazing craftsmanship. There is a lot to learn from big budget cars... There really is...

Forget people. People ruin things. Forget finances. Money ruins things too... Just look at the car and the statement it makes. Ignore the satin jackets with an embroidered representation of someone's pride and glory on the back. Ignore the lawn chairs and the NSRA safety inspection stickers. Ignore the trophies. Ignore show stands, mirrors, sponsors, and all of that other shit that just gets in the way.

Look at the car and pretend like you are 12 years old again. Would you have thought of it as "cool" when you didn't understand all of this other shit? Would you have asked for the slot car version for Christmas? If so, it's a cool car. Period.

Don't get me wrong... I'm mostly into casual hot rods. I am for a variety reasons - Hell, I can't afford a big budget car. BUT, more than that - I'm too anal to drive something that's perfect. I do, however, love to dream... And I love to admire folk's work.

22. 43gman

43gman
    from NC

Perfect!

23. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

It's good to see varying opinions. If we all shared the same opinion, we'd all be driving the same vehicle with the same engine, the same trans, the same wheels, the same tires, painted (or not, lol) the same color......etc. You either like it, or you don't. No one is right, and no one is wrong, imo.

24. Hogdriver

Hogdriver
    from VA

Well put Rooman. Joeys car certainly is all hot rod and the 32 more street rod....but there are lots of boats to float out there...I'll take the nailhead just like you

25. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

I wholeheartedly agree.

As for myself...... I was responding to what I feel was a couple of rude, uninformed comments. I probably won't be apologizing for that anytime soon.

Vive la différence!

26. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

And you shouldn't... Some folks see messages boards as sounding boards with no regard towards others. That's changing though... It's a lot better now than it used to be.

27. Plowboy

Plowboy

I am disappointed, I was expecting to see a pic of that orange S-10 thing with the track nose in this thread....but apparently you are talking about a different kind of bad.....

28. Hot Rod Dirty's

Hot Rod Dirty's
    from KY

well said!

29. rooman

rooman

As my late mother would say "Some people's taste is all in their mouth".

Roo

30. VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

I always LOVED Rootbeer Floats.

Nice Ride.

Luck to have her back.

VR&C.