Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods My new original 32 Ford truck

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kevinsrodshop, Sep 16, 2011.

1. S.F.

S.F.

RAD!!!! juice brakes, tri powered flat head, dropped axle...done

2. Kevinsrodshop

Kevinsrodshop

I've got this cab that will get the full hot rod treatment. At this point I just can't cut up an original. Its nice to have choices :)

[​IMG]

3. Ranchwagon

Ranchwagon

Great find! Do you have a photo of the bed floor without the plywood?

Thanks
    Kerry

4. Kevinsrodshop

Kevinsrodshop

I haven't lifted the plywood yet. Of what I see from underneath it isn't in good shape.

5. You might call Mack Products (660) 263-7444, wwwmackhils.com and see what kind of floors they have for your truck. I know they make complete beds and assume they have floors available.

Charlie Stephens

6. Zaq

Zaq

Chop and slam.
    What better platform to do it on than something in good condition. Less body work to do.
    ;)

7. Wyldkat

Wyldkat
    from Calgary

Sure is a good looking truck!

8. chevydave1965

chevydave1965
    from Iowa

You are a very luck guy !

9. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

Thats really nice, great find.

10. Nice find! I would clean it up, put in a drop axle, big 'n little's, replace the plywood in the back, and drive it.

11. Kevinsrodshop

Kevinsrodshop

The motor mounts were shot also so they got replaced as well as the rad hoses. Flushing out the rad and the block produced a bunch of nice brown sludge.

Attached Files:

12. Kevinsrodshop

Kevinsrodshop

I started redoing the brakes since the truck came with brand new linings and a rivet kit. Pulling off the left rear drum I found a small leak from the axle tube. However pulling off the right rear drum revealed a major leak. Everything under that drum was soaked in gear oil. So that means new axle seals on both sides. The banjo rear needs to come out for that to happen. A quick cleaning and a spray bomb paint job just to spruce things up.

Attached Files:

13. Kevinsrodshop

Kevinsrodshop

Then the fun really began. Found the wheel bearing race on one end bell was shot. Thankfully a repair sleeve is available so a quick trip to Cactus machine got that fixed. The next problem was a huge chunk of tooth missing from the pinion gear. Since I'm buying a new ring and pinion I may as well get a better gear ratio. Originally it was 4.11 gears and I'm putting in 3.54s just to get a little more speed out of it. I'm going to need all the help I can get with a 50 hp engine. A spray bomb overhaul on the endbells as well.

Attached Files:

14. tinmann

tinmann

Nicely done Kevin. Carry on with the redo. One thing leads to another, eh?

15. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

16. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

looking at this shot makes a guy wonder why anyone would cut one up. it will not get any better looking than that fellas.

[​IMG]

17. Kevinsrodshop

Kevinsrodshop

Well after a long gruelling few months of setback after setback the 32 is back on the road. It now has a rebuilt rear end, new gears (3.54 from 4.11) new bearings, races, seals and a spray can paint job. Changed the speedo gear for the change in the rear gears but haven't checked its accuracy against a GPS. More importantly I finished going through the brakes and installed the Flathead Teds brake floater kit. Took it out today and other than a slight pull to the left it actually stops now! Even managed to get the fronts to lock up. For the first time I'm actually not scared to drive it. The original brakes were non existant. Took some polishing compound to a small spot and the green paint shines up a little. That might be the next project, shining up the rest of the paint. Still have to install new chrome handles, window cranks and mirrors. Also starting to think about wiring upgrades to 12 volts and some real lights for a little more safety.

18. rats28

rats28
    from Louisiana

Sweet truck I will own a 32 truck one day :D:

19. Lucky Mike

Lucky Mike

20. Love all of those '32-'34 trucks. Great find.

21. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

22. Kevinsrodshop

Kevinsrodshop

Minor ones. I've started converting the truck to 12 volts just to have brighter lights and turn signals for driving in the city. I've also found a mechanical fuel pump from a Hamber to replace the electric one I've currently got installed.

Someday I'm probably going to have to go through the gearbox. It pops out of second gear quite easily. Other than that, waiting for the snow to go away so I can start driving it again. I miss it.

23. Now I know the story to the truck that blew me away at Spring Thaw.
    You are a lucky man for getting one so nice.
    You don't get two of those opportunities in one lifetime.
    Wish my '33 was that complete or nice, hell, I wish I had a frame.

24. Amazing find! Id love to say dont hack it up in how complete and perfect it is...but its yours. Just no spiderweb grills please!!haha

25. Kevinsrodshop

Kevinsrodshop

Yep Flowmeister that was mine. Its been a hoot to drive but you can appreciate why I want better brake lights and turn signals on it. I've actually had it on Deerfoot, not for long mind you :D

26. Hotrodmyk

Hotrodmyk
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Really nice truck!

27. HELLVIS

HELLVIS

leave it alone

28. Nice find! Doing a similar update to my 33 PU

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

29. brady1929

brady1929