Register now to get rid of these ads!

I was robbed.......

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by loc8tor, Sep 16, 2011.

1. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

dogs are a huge deterrent..
    so are shot up targets strategicly placed around your property
    and motion detection lights

2. cavemag

cavemag

Shotgun shells loaded with rocksalt will do the trick. If you do have to pull the trigger it wont kill them. But it will drop them like a little girl.

3. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

They got me about 20 years ago and did not hear a thing,they hit me when it was cold and all the windows in the house were closed. The bastards even had the nerve to use one of my trucks to haul everything away,they took a motorcycle and all my hand tools and testing equipment. The police found the motorcycle the next year but would not let me have it back since all the numbers were ground off and insurance payed for all the tools,the cheap windows in the garage were easy to take apart and thats how they got in but I now have 2x4s over the openings so if they try again they will have to make noises to get in and maybe It will wake me up,the truck was also found with the wheels missing.

4. Castro

Castro

An old timer told me he used to keep a feral hog in his junk yard to keep the thieves at bay, you had to put feed in a separate pen to lure it out of the yard if you wanted in.

I asked him why a hog? and he said the thieves had beat a couple of his dogs to death but nobody would dare step foot inside the yard with that thing.

I used to love listening to the guy during our 15 min break at work, he always had the best stories. Too bad he moved.

5. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

I have said this before, not trying to rain on your parade of course :)

You may think all your stuff is safe, but if someone wants it they will make their move when you are gone and none of your measures will stop them.

Not to say it isn't a good setup or plan, but don't feel like you are untouchable.

6. I'd be really pissed to find a thief ripping me off but if they were to hurt my dog, that would be the end for them.

7. 59 brook

59 brook

had an employee drive my truck to the pawn shop and dump my truck .found the pawn shop ticket in the truck when the police arrived on the scene . went to the pawn shop with the receipt and police report and i still had to pay the pawn shop in cash in full before i could get my tools back

8. Clik

Clik

I've had thieves on crystal clear video and the State wouldn't prosecute. They flat out told me they were too busy to prosecute and didn't have room to hold anyone that wasn't a violent offender.

In one case the Prosecuter threatened to charge me with brandishing a weapon if I pushed any further for prosecution. I not only didn't have a weapon, I never told the criminal I had a weapon. The criminal was getting ready to break a window out of my van with a bottle and I told him "Break that window and see what happens". For that they were going to prosecute me!

The county where these incidents occured has been run by criminals (The County Executive and wife were recently convicted of corruption) and obviously the county is sympathetic to criminals. The county outlawed the use of guard dogs and razor wire is illegal to put on top of fences even in industrial areas. A neighboring county outlawed any dog that shows aggression towards a human or domestic animal. If your dog kills a cat in your yard the county will order your dog to be destroyed. The county turned their animal control over to the Humane Society who are a bunch of fruit cakes IMHO.

9. the shadow

the shadow

the law is not on your side, you really need to know what you can and can't do to a theif/burgler before you do it. In a passionate fit of rage you could end up doing time,sad to say?

10. uglymailman

uglymailman
    from missouri

Just remember to tell the cops "I told them to stop. I was in fear of my life." I'd hate to kill someone for stealing "stuff" but it wouldn't bother me to break their knee caps. Good luck getting your stuff back. I never got my guns or power tools back.

11. I'd move in a heartbeat if I knew all the "good guys" were against me.
    My model A pickup was stolen from my dad's locked shed some years back and since that time I've taken measures [you don't need to know what] to make sure it doesn't happen again. Steal from me once, your bad...steal from me twice...well, you won't steal from me twice.
    I also work in my drive with my .40 on my hip and when the tweekers drive by in their beat up hondas and toyotas, I make sure they see it.
    Our law enforcement is a little more "homeowner friendly" here in the midwest...thank God. I cannot imagine having the "man" on the wrong side of justice.

12. Old Buzzard

Old Buzzard

My instant acting garbage disposal....
    After the shots are fired, you get to swim with him.....He's not the least bit particular what it is, it's a meal to him!!:eek:

He doesn't even like me, and I have been around him for about 5 yrs!

Attached Files:

13. jambottle

jambottle

i bought a phone in Florida last spring. It just like a regular white cradle phone but has a motion decetor in it and it dials my cell phone and call display tells me it`s that phone. it is completely silent but opens the line so you can hear whats going on in the shop. After a minute it resets itself.I think it was $50.00 on the internet.If anyone is interested,i will get the name off the phone.It can be used as your regular shop phone.

14. Mr. Jean

Mr. Jean

Yup, some moonlit walks in the desert here. It's got plenty of old abandoned mines around here, no shovels required.;)

15. ems customer service

ems customer service

they cut copper pipes all the stuff is at the scrap yard

16. Jay Tyrrell

Jay Tyrrell

I feel for you. Things are tough rigth now and I think it is going to get worse before it gets better. People are desparate to make money and they are resorting to B and Es. I really feel for you man. Really do. Make sure that you bolt everything down in the future. Now I know that you can't do this but always make them have to work for it if they really want it.
    Kid

17. Clik

Clik

That sounds cool. If you remember to get the name off of it I'll be standing by.

18. Deuces

Deuces

Cute lizard!! :D

19. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Big Gecko huh!

Doc.

20. nefareous

nefareous
    from maryland

After the third robbery at a shop in Baltimore, I booby-trapped the door. About one month later I went to the shop and found the door blown off its hinges. The guy was on the ground about 20 feet from the door. RIP.........

21. How bout bear traps??
    I thought about a bear trap hidden under a special cover on my 51 f1 bench.
    could put it inside the shop at the window maybe?

22. jambottle

jambottle

The phone is avaible from telespy.biz motion detector phone modle sn1..

DO NOT USE BEAR TRAPS!!!!! It could be your kids or a frient that sets it of! FOOT GONE! A simple thing like your wife in looking for a hammer or a friend going in to check smoke or a fire etc.while you are away.Or even a real fireman trying to put out a fire when you are away.Even a neighbour kid breaks in and looses a foot!Pack your bags and move to china because the law suit will end yourfuture!

23. Baron....my garage is in Mechanicsburg, Police said 8 b&es in 2 weeks.....

Mostly tools, and car parts stolen, we hit Williams Grove Flea Market-nothing there, beed watching CL and EvilBay, but there are so many listings its very time consuming(as was making the list of stolen items that I could remember)

24. Larjk9

Larjk9

There are a lot of myths surrounding supposed guard dogs. I train dogs professionally and hear all kinds of stuff about how a barking, charging dog is "protecting" their owners and property. In fact most barking, charging and even nipping type dogs are easily dealt with. Most don't have the guts to engage and Re-engage when met with violent resistance. A dog untrained in combat/protection who charges a door can be side-stepped and closed out of the dwelling. A true guard dog will not chase someone too far away from what they are guarding. They will hold station and attack to keep the bad guy away. This is a trained behavior, and needs to be reiforced through consistant practice.
    I have my training partners routinely try to "break in" and threaten my family while wearing proper bite protection equipment. My dogs place themselves between the assailant and my wife and daughter and will fight and keep fighting until they are physically unable. You folks love your dogs, and are proud of them I'm sure. Don't make the ego driven assumption that they will perform when it gets real. Train them to do exactly what you expect.
    -George Cockrell
    www.companionsdogtraining.com

25. Here it is.
    http://www.telespy.biz/

Last edited: Sep 19, 2011
  26. Clik

Clik

I too have extensive experience with dogs and you are right. Gameness (the willingness to do or die) is a very recessive trait even within a pool of genes bred specifically for that purpose. Much like the offspring of even the most famous of race horses, very few will make the cut.

I got out of dogs because of the liabilty. Maryland counties where guard dogs are needed most are sympathetic to criminals. Insurance is another problem, even for a homeowner. If you end up in court, juries in high crime areas, are likely to have visions of the film clips they see year after year on certain historic dates of Civil Rights protestors/rioters being bitten by police dogs.

Even ol' TV Judge Joe Brown has his Pit Bull chart, that he pulls out all the time, showing the number of Pit Bull bites compared to other breeds. I wonder what he would think if someone pulled out a Black violent crime chart. Would that show the same thing?

Guard dogs are still an excellent deterent but if I'm not mistaken they were outlawed in some Maryland counties (Prince Georges), were they not?

I once saw snakes used to break up a protest. There was a pizza place in Chillum that had a policy of "No Hanging Around Drinking Sodas-Order a Pizza Or Leave". Some took it as racial, even though it was enforced for all races, and staged a sit-in. The manager was an amateur herpetolgist and after making several requests that they order food or leave, threw a rather large python on the table. I never saw twenty people fit through a door at one time until that day.