Register now to get rid of these ads!

I was robbed.......

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by loc8tor, Sep 16, 2011.

1. Thief forced open a window and broke into the garage night before last. Stole my welder, some hand tools, a large tub full of carbs, some antique toys and antique clocks. BUT, left my tool box(empty it, but left it), car and bike alone. Not sure what parts are missing as several tubs are gone, some magazines updumped and several other boxes all scattered on the floor. Last night after approval from the landlord, who also was hit, I spent barring the windows, and installing locks on all 3 garage doors(they were locked from inside but that didnt work once they were in).

Luckily some parts that I have been trying to ship but have not due to surgery, floods, and daily driver accident, have not been able, were still present and accounted for. (NADS, wheels will go out monday, barring any unforseen circumstances......Chris, axle & parts will also ship Monday, so when it arrives and you are satisfied ship me the glass at your leisure)

On the other hand however my landlord didnt fair out so well......alot of stolen copper pipes and wiring, family heirloom antiques and personal items, and he had a broken glass to replace during another stormy night here in PA.

I just feel so angry and sick all at the same time.....second time I have felt this way, last time it was my 64 2+2 that was never recovered......

2. Deuces

Deuces

...... And nobody heard anything???

3. R Frederick

R Frederick
    from illinois

I took my phone around the garage and took pictures of everything worthwhile a couple weeks ago just in case.

4. Reino

Reino

Sounds like they were in there for awhile. Keep an eye on local swap meets or check ebay/craigslist for listing items stolen from you. Good luck.

5. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Assholes!! Those bastards need a good solid beatdown!

I know what its like though, my toolbox was stolen. The thing was head hight, bright red and HEAVY! It went missing from my barracks room, second floor in a secure zone of a secure base! Inside job much? Never got it back but barracks insurance came to my aid.
    Hope you were well insured?
    Doc.

6. Deuces

Deuces

Need to get yourself a mean dog...
    Like this one.... :D

Attached Files:

7. Make sure you and your pals check out Carlisle to see if any of your stuff shows up there for sale. Sorry for your loss. It does make you sick to your stomach when you're violated like that. Thieves are just low-life scumbags.

8. rlsteel

rlsteel

A couple of weeks ago my wife let the dogs out at 2 am.there was a young man standing in the middle of my back fenced in yard.He had been in my garage and my shed. Only thing I have found missing so far is a 5 gallon can of gas. I am sure I will find more. I never locked the garage or shed(been there for 20 years) I do now.I called the cops they would not even show, they told me if I found stuff missing to call them WTF. RLS

9. Man, I am so sorry to hear that!
    My house was "looted" after the recent tornado catastrophe. They took my Egyptian Maadi AKM rifle but left ALL the mags and ammo and a WWII k98k which sat right next to it! Luckily the cops recovered my gun but the buttstock was broken off. Hope your stuff returns to you.

10. Three Widow's Garage

Three Widow's Garage

I found tools that were stolen from my work truck at the local pawn shop, the one directly across the street from the police dept. The owner swore up and down that they were legit untill I gave him a copy of the police report and pulled out my cell phone. That point he insisted that I take my stuff and leave. Strangly about two hours later a cop calls all pissed telling me I didnt have the right to take my tools back and that I had interfeared with their process and now they wouldn't be able to press charges without the evidence. Ya gotta go find it yourself if wa want it back. good luck

11. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

I feel bad for the person I ever catch breaking into my house/car/garage. I'm not the biggest guy in the world but I'm fuckin crazy and not afraid to get hurt.....and I have 3 BIG dogs. All crazier than I am. I hate thieves.

12. chopper cliff

chopper cliff
    from lodi ca

several yrs ago, I had to park my service truck in the front of the house, jerry cans would go missing,gas, solvent, motor oil etc, after replacement and chaining, it kept on, one day I filled 3 cans with dirty wash solvent, problem solved, went around the hood until I found punks who can't get there car to run, poetic justice fer sure. Cliff

13. 94hoghead

94hoghead

thievin' bastards!

14. Jimbo17

Jimbo17

It seems like things like this are happening more all the time with the crummy economy and so many people out of work.

There are a number of things some of my friends have tried such as installing cameras inside and outside of the their shops.

Some have a very large Pit Bull waiting for who ever sticks his foot through a door or window.

Motion lights inside of a shop is another trick they tell as worked cause once they pop on most people won't stick around for fear it is triggered a alarm system of someone heard them and is on the way.

Some of the guys with race trailers have more then one Lojack hidden somewhere within the trailer and the race car.

Even having doors with locks that you need a key from both sides of the door instead of just a thump screw style slows them down.

I have seen shops where they got in my breaking a window but once they were in there was no way to open the door without a key from the inside so what ever they took had to fit through a window.

It really sucks when someone steals your stuff.

Jimbo

15. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

There has got to be a way to set up some kind of killer gama rays that unleash unless you enter wearing your magic ring... I hate thieves.

16. slammed

slammed

Rebar made to cover the windows. Maybe hinge them, so you do not feel like the thieves will some day-Locked down!

17. in camp hill, that's a shame thats a nice area

18. oldwagonlover

oldwagonlover

What the hell is the world coming to when you have to have cameras, dogs, bars on the windows, alarms on the doors and a 357 for back up. I agree that it is a hassle to have to be on total lock down. There are a lot of low lifes out there and we should have the right to handle them as we see fit when they come trying to rob us.

19. mikeey rat

mikeey rat
    from Australia

A well trained well loved dog will protect for your family and property with it's life and be a good friend as a bonus

20. Rob Paul

Rob Paul

I have a shop not attached to my house. Its full of stuff and everyone knows it. Its barred up, locked up, and there is an alarm that will blow your ear drums thats hooked to motion sensors/door and window sensors, and alarms go off in the house too to wake me up. Plus is autodials my cell if it goes off. Not to mention a house full of loaded guns.

I still worry about how safe my stuff is but this helps.

Rob

21. EPP

EPP
    from Oklahoma

3 houses on my block were cleaned out in less than a week, one of them being neighbor next door. All in broad daylight. They ring the bell, beat on the door and when nobody answers, they kick the door in and then start loading up. I am sure its someone in the neighborhood doing it. Only thing i have going is everyone knows i have a dog and they all know i carry a gun. Have a permit but I pay no attention to covering it up working in the driveway or garage. Sitting on the stool, tunes on polishing the harley or the truck all evening with a .45 on your hip sends a message all its own.

22. OldTC

OldTC

That really blows. I sure hope you can find your stuff.

I'm gettin ready to build a three car garage next to my house and plan on doing exactly what Rob Paul did, put bars on the only window, use steel doors in steel jambs and install a local alarm that'll wake the dead.

And I'm coming out shooting! (I love Oklahoma!) :D

23. S.F.

S.F.

Similer thing happened to me, sounds like scrappers and pawn shop type of a theft. Check all your local pawn shops for your shit. Wouldnt hurt to put a call out to the scrap yard to let them know if they find a tub of carbs..........

24. MRTS33

MRTS33

That suck man! I worry about this to, with this economy.

25. beegator

beegator

I have a friend with a shop in Chicago. Expert welder. Thieves beat his dog near dead with a bat. They will stop at nothing short of a shot gun bar barrel pointed at them.

Another friend has a shop in Indy where he keeps his TF. Thieves crippled his dog.

26. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

That totally sucks . Hope you find your stuff .

27. Clik

Clik

Usually the local hard core street alkys aren't much of a problem because alcohol is legal. Controlled but legal. That makes it affordable even to bums. They can beg a handfull of change and get a buzz on. Crack, meth and junk on the other hand is illegal and therefore expensive. Addicts usually end up robbing and stealing almost daily to support their addictions. Decriminalize drugs and thugs will turn to slugs. Problem solved. Why risk our lives and property to keep junkies from drugging themselves into the afterlife?

28. People would steal less if it was legal to shoot them dead just for being there.

29. outlaw256

outlaw256

killing them is the easy part. how you deal with it is the hard part for all most all people unless you are really hard hearted. me, im as hard hearted as they come.but remember this you are the one who has to cxlean up the brains when you splatter them all over your shop or house walls. and blood stays in the carpet too.hope you get your stuff back but i wouldnt hold my breath.

30. Clik

Clik

What mess? We make thieves dig their own holes around here :D.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2011