Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 59 chevy wagon in progress

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cody Walls, Mar 23, 2010.

1. wolfex1

wolfex1

The comment or the wagon?

2. gwarren007

gwarren007

Nice job on the SC's

3. thirdstreettito

thirdstreettito

Very nice! Great craftsmanship! You sir are wonderful. :D

4. JackdaRabbit

JackdaRabbit
    from WNC

Love the wagon, love the 6 pin. The craftsmanship is inspiring.

I'm just a little concerned that the exhaust hangers will be too ridgid; not allow for the system to "grow" when it heats up and also transmit noise and vibration to the frame.

5. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

i dont know if that will be a good thing or bad :D

Thanks, now i have to do is de -fin other one:eek:
    Thank you, :D

Thanks for your concern, i guess everyone builds things differently , ive built many system like this one over the years and never had any problem,but i could be wrong :cool:

6. linkstar69

linkstar69

depends how much you like fondue :D

7. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

So nothing realy exciting went on today I just finished up a lot of looses ends and did some more sanding nothing worthy of taking pics of , also I've been working on something for the tech week contest so hopefully I'll get that all done in time befor the contest ends.

8. Big Nick

Big Nick

That is one serious exhaust! Nice work!

9. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

Lmao:D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you, its was one of the most challenging one I've built so far :confused:

10. ls1wagon

ls1wagon
    from dallas

You are a bad ass! and this car is sick,

11. try and find some cheap silicone pot holders at walmart for your isolation washers on the exhaust
    colored and heat resitant

12. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

And so are YOU, thanks again for the info about moving the rear back o so many years ago
    by the way your 60 is so killer

Thanks for the tip I'll have to keep that in mind :D

13. 'Mo

'Mo

I just found this thread (from your recent tech posts) and am blown away! :eek:
    Wow!
    The S-U equipped six was love at first sight. Then the McGurk valve cover.
    Next thing, you're modifying the valve cover! When I think it can't get any better, up you pop with a 12 port head. Amazing! (And the rest of the build is equally so.)

And to think I was hooked by the Buick wheel covers.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2011
  14. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

Well.....this build certainly does NOT suck! Thanks for sharing.

15. billylo

billylo

Now that's an exhaust....
    :cool:

16. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

Thanks you all verry much, im glad you like it !

17. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

Now for the Monday updates , so today I spent the day just trying to finishing up the loose ends of the metal work portion and just trying to mock everything up so when it's final assambly things should go by a little quicker.

Attached Files:

18. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

You rule, Cody, I'll trade you my spelling for your fabrication, ha!

19. Hellfish

Hellfish

I love the speaker grille hatch and the ashtray gauge tray. Great ideas! I made a similar 3-gauge cluster with those pods, but it hung below the dash in my 59.

20. outlaw256

outlaw256

thanks alot woodpecker, i now hate my wagon!! brother you have skills that i can only dream about.with your talent you will never be without.that wagon is killer.in a world of tens, that car gets a 15.i will see that thing in person someday.!!!

21. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

Sounds good:D , how's the elky comming ?

Do you have any pics of your similar gage cluster that you came up with ?

I hope to have it done next year ,will see, but once i get it done and the bugs worked out my plan is to drive it across country and hit some great shows that ive been dreaming of attending for years , so maby you will see it sooner than you think :D

22. Hellfish

Hellfish

This is the only one and it's not very good. It's just a 2 gauge pod with a half of another muggy welded together. I still have the pod (but not in the car) so I can get a better pic later. I decided I liked the gauges better in their stock location

Attached Files:

23. What's the plan for the speaker grill hatch? I want to eliminate mine, but like the hatch idea, you going to put gages in there or a TV? :)

24. travisty

travisty
    from just moved

Jesus this is an awesome build. you do amazing fab work. Cant wait to see more. subscribed.

25. SIC98

SIC98

Wow, I came across this thread by accident and it's taken me all day to read the whole thing, in between some work of course, but bravo my friend, your work and vision are amazing and I wish I had 1/4 of that for my car. I think we will be seeing alot of this car when it's finished and the name Cody Walls for sure..... keep it up and I will be checking the post the updates for sure! :D

26. Ole_Red

Ole_Red
    from 206, WA

Gonna read the entire thread once I get the chance... work keeps getting in the way!

27. Bone Head

Bone Head
    from Kansas

28. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

Thanks for the pic, the reason why i asked for it was because i was thinking of making a 3 gage pods to put in the pop up speaker grill for the gas oil and temp gages but since you welded them together that must mean there aluminum i thought they were pot metal , and you sir have saved me some time so thank you .also love the color of your dash

No tv ,just gages since i got rid of them from around the speedo:D

Thank you

Yah it is getting pretty long i was thinking of doing a part II to it but im not shure yet , but thank you for taking the time out to read it all .

Sounds good, work also is the reason why it takes me a couple of days to get back to your guys is responces :D

Thank you

29. huntrod

huntrod

WOW!... Cody I don't do the hamb thing much but to night i was board, saw you on the first page. Man your blowing peoples minds. You are doing a bang up job.

30. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

Thanks Garry , this means a lot to me aspeally comming from you , you have always been a huge mentor of mine since I was 16 when I came over to your garage with Corry and saw all the amazing work you were doing .