Register now to get rid of these ads!

Glassguy's Olds is finally out in the daylight again!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by LeadSledMerc, Oct 25, 2007.

1. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

Holy Crap Dave! That's awful! I'm glad you're alright man, good thing you were in a big bomb anything smaller and you could've been a goner! WTH happened, let me guess, he didn't see you? How did you not pummel the guy! Hope to see you at Alter Boys and we can hear the story.

2. koolkemp

koolkemp

This makes me wanna puke Dave ...sorry to see this happen, if ya have the desire I agree that it would make a very cool radical kustom ....

3. BAD PENNY

BAD PENNY
    from mass

oh Man...that sucks Dude. Still hope to see you Sat. anyhoo

Last edited: Sep 12, 2011
  4. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

I'm glad to see you at least stopped by and picked up some eggrolls after the crash...I worry about you not eating some times!! :D

5. Funny I never pictured Dave as one who refused a meal....well maybe not always in the right proportions to the hops he was having, but still..........

6. glassguy

glassguy

wow thanks guys for all the response and ideas.. even you kieth!! been a long day so ill get back with more answers after a lil shut eye.. one thing im sure of no matter what happens with the insurance, i will fix it!!! just not right away think its best if i walk away from it for a little while coz im too pissed, and dont feel like workin on it anymore!!! thanks again guys.. dave

7. Hey, I've got a 59 Buick frame (or two) if you can use it:)

8. flash

flash

Wow Dave that really sucks. Glad you're ok. Wish your car could "Christine" itself.

9. S.F.

S.F.

sorry to see this....that was a nice car. Dont give up on her now

10. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Sucks!!!!!!

11. rld14

rld14

Oh fuck.

Rebuild it... after all that car has been through it needs to be saved. And if the other guy is at fault, make sure you get his insurance to pay out before you strangle him.

12. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

You know I'm always there for you, my little friend!! :D

13. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

NO No NO No No, dammit man. I'm damn sorry to see that, as long as you're okay, metal can be reworked, I hope you do and I am looking forward to seeing it!

14. I have a line on a hood and fender. I phoned and left you a message

15. cleatus

cleatus
    from Sacramento

Sounds like there are enough parts floating around that maybe you East Coast guys could put together a 'HAMB Thrash' - swap in a new frame, bolt on a fender and hood and he'd be over the hurdle to rescuing it.

16. ADDOCTOR

ADDOCTOR

Great looking Oldsmobile. there is a place in heaven for you. Thanks for sharing with us....

17. JVK54

JVK54

Dave, I'm so sorry. Glad as hell you are OK and sick as hell over the Olds. When you are ready to do the next build on it or anything else I'm there in a heartbeat to help with the bitch work whenever I can. It would be an honor have the opportunity to learn from you.
    who don't know- Dave is one of those guys who treated a wikkid green newbie (me) with friendship and respect from the day I met him about 5 years ago. Guys like him are an inspiration and a big part of why I fell so in love with the hotrod and custom life. .....So thanks for helping put the curse on me ya bastid!

Last edited: Sep 15, 2011
  18. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

Not a bad idea!!!
    It's got a Camaro clip that Dave put in, so I think he's going to try to have a friend pull it straight, but that's a great lead on the hood and fender from Skip!:cool:

19. glassguy

glassguy

hey guys thanks a trillion for all the tips, suggestions , pms, and calls!!!!!! i sure do appreciate it.. im waiting this morning for the insurance adjuster to finally get here and look it over.. my ins. co already came to look at it. but they said i will probly have a major battle ahead deciding replacement value... not because the car is all that nice, but because you cant find another one.. but who knows maybe ill get lucky! lol
    so once this part is figured out my plan is to tow it op th cristy massios' shop in maine where he will no doubt be able to pull the frame back straight. he is THE BEST THERE IS then i will put it away in the garage for the winter and gather parts.. ill keep you posted on what the ins company says this afternoon, it outta be good for a laugh!!!

20. gonzo

gonzo

Dave I hope you can make the car show this weekend still. Good luck with the adjuster, who knows you might be one stiff neck away from another Merc!

21. cleatus

cleatus
    from Sacramento

Then I guess that makes it worth one-hell-of-ALOT! :)

22. the last Rebel

the last Rebel
    from Hell

Dave this is heartbreaking to see. I have had the same thing happen to me three different times it hurts bad. Hope you rebuild her and glad you didnt get to hurt. That car is one of the coolest cars around.

23. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

Dave, I seriously don't even know what to say. That's heartbreaking. I hope you rebuild man, that car is just too cool to get rid of. You're a master, you'll get it back together

24. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Most important thing is I'm glad that your ok and I hate to see the pics of your sled. I'll
    be praying that it works out ok. I went through an accident and I was too nice of a
    guy and ended up losing some money. My advice stand strong on your value and don't
    try to fix the car until it is finished. Hopefully everything will be ok.

Happy Trails, Mick

25. michaelmoore

michaelmoore

very nice the white one. dang what a shame on the other one . i would still be crying

26. kustomkid18

kustomkid18

So sorry to see this Dave, out of all the cars you've built that was always my favorite. Glad you are ok. Hope to see it get put back together again......Jim

27. glassguy

glassguy

hey guys do any of you have any pics of my car from the rite side??? i need one for the insurance co. to go forward with the battle.. since i painted it every friggin pic is of the left side coz i lioked that side better!! der!

28. Slick Willy

Slick Willy

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These are from Rebeccas pictures of the Strokers picnic, Im sure she wouldnt mind you using them!

29. glassguy

glassguy

god i love this place....thanks man thats just what i needed!!!!!!!