Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs HAMB Merc Club! who's in?????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bad Bob, Nov 11, 2008.

1. DANSLED

DANSLED
    from CW, Ohio

add me to the list,

wanted one since i was 12, bought mine at 21, almost sold it at 25 to get married, ??, still have it at 48 and never will sell

2. SoCal Merc

SoCal Merc
    from SoCal

skirv, have fun with it!

3. pics??

4. How about some info and pic's??????

5. Skirv

Skirv

Thanks man, and I'll do her right.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 11, 2011
  6. DANSLED

DANSLED
    from CW, Ohio

Finally, found some pics, had them all packed away, car is partially dissasembled now. 51 2dr coupe, plans are for mild custom, already nosed and decked, needs rockers, will be painted black of course, frenched lights, shaved handles, 52 lincoln tail lights, 53/54 merc side trim, have nos 52 caddy sombre'os, and 52 desoto, 55 desoto, 53/54 chevy and stock grill (still undecided, like'em all). Still has flathead but plan on upgrading to something else ? Would love to get it chopped! "money the root of all evil", just like low50 i spent my tax return 2 yrs ago on all new jamco front suspension and disc brake conversion, so i too did my economy stimulous program too, not sure if it helped or not!

I saw an article in hot rod on the barris mercs when i was 12 and i knew what car i wanted from that point on, will never sell it!! Am I in now? :D

Attached Files:

7. chopnweld

chopnweld
    from Nor Cal

Always dug that sled. Sweet chop. There's a video of that thing cruising on youtube

8. Great plans.....You're #423.

9. koolkemp

koolkemp

One of the best Merc chops ever IMHO ! You are a lucky man!!

10. I never realized that Merc was green, that's a great car. Feel free to send me those front hub caps it was my b'day back in May.

11. One of the parts Mercs (51 coupe) I will be pieceing out has an overdrive manual trans in it. I dont know much about its condition but its all there and the car was in solid shape before we cut the floor out of it for my brothers 51. Hope to be posting a bunch of other stuff also after I get home from helping my folks with their North Dakota flood efforts. (2) 51 back windows and surrounds, rearends, frontend parts, a whole front clip, pedals assy, etc. The other car is a rusty 50 moredoor. PM me if you are looking for anything and Ill get to ya as soon as I get back in town.

12. Yours is pretty much done now,right?

13. Pretty much. I hope to get it back from the interior shop this week and get all that back together. I need a set of scuff plates and need to paint the column and armrests. I am adding a little to the bottom of the dash using a 52 Dodge dash (same contour as a Desoto) to hide the radio and air vents. I have a few ideas for the taillight lenses and little things like that but she is just about ready for the drive to Calif for the LA Roadster Show next summer (via Chicago). Cant wait!!! How about a little interior treatment for yours Bob???? So close to the boarder, you should be able to get it done cheap!!! Any reasonable leads on a set of user scuff plates for a Merc or Lincoln?

Now its time to get started on the 49 and get it to daily driver status!!! Stay tooned!!

Last edited: Sep 15, 2011
  14. What do you mean by scuff plates?

I might get some of the interior next summer. I have someone who wants to buy the black covers,when I redo it white. That will help with the cost. I'll do the headliner first,doorpanels,seats,then the carpet last.

15. I think he's referring to those plates that bolt to the floor that sit under the door when it's closed.

I'm in Chicago, we gotta meet up on the way even if it's at a gas station. Trailoring or driving? Did you do vinyl or leather for the interior? (or pleather etc).

16. acj

acj

I'll join if know one mines, my 54 mercury is my avatar it has a 256 3 on the tree runs real good....still working on it with the rest of my toys. my stuff is not as nice as most of you guys cars but I like to work on them and drive them and have some fun when I have time.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2011
  17. Great...You're #424. Keep up posted on your progress.

18. babylincoln53

babylincoln53
    from dana point

just got a 53 merc monterey HT.....mostly stock... going to drop her asap....thanks for this site...ill post more pics soon....

Attached Files:

19. GREAT!!! Another So Cal guy! You're #425.
    Get to droppin!!!

20. Dblbeard

Dblbeard

Sweet headlights you got there, I think the grill and bumpers would look better on mine.......

21. JiiTee

JiiTee
    from Finland

Just joined in... I got this 1962 Comet 2D wagon with 170cid six and 3-speed man.

Attached Files:

22. You're in! #426.

23. chris' 38

chris' 38

I'm in with a 53 Monterrey. 16,500 original miles. It's for sale in classified. It's a three speed overdrive. Was overdrive standard or an option?

24. You want me to add you...even though you getting rid of it? Interesting....

25. Slick Willy

Slick Willy

I only have a "mercury" thermometer:(
    some day Ill get to play with the cool kids...

26. chris' 38

chris' 38

I'd like to keep it and I might just moneys real tight. Didn't sell it yet.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2011
  27. sidehacker

sidehacker

I was conceived in a 56 merc droptop, does that get me in?

28. redeyewelder

redeyewelder
    from ten

id like in:D

daddy said theres only two kinda people in this world........

those with mercs.....and those(well who cares)..lol:rolleyes:

29. chopit

chopit
    from sweden

I´m in whit my -39
    [​IMG]

30. Lowmerc50

Lowmerc50

That 39 Looks solid!!!! Kool find......