Register now to get rid of these ads!

Texas Swap meet this weekend?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Randy in Oklahoma, Sep 13, 2011.

1. Randy in Oklahoma

Randy in Oklahoma
    from Oklahoma

I thought this past Sunday's Oklahoman had a notice in the classifieds about a swap meet this weekend in the north Texas area. Searches of the internet find nothing.

Anyone know about a swap meet, or am I just halluncinating...again!!

2. Dchaz

Dchaz

The Arlington swap meet that moved to Decatur is this weekend. I beleve it is at the rodeo grounds. It was usually a pretty big meet in arlington, this is the first year for it in Decatur so hopefully it will still be as big or bigger.

3. 69Chevelle454

69Chevelle454
    from Texas

Dchaz do you have a website or address for the place it moved to?

4. APACHE FS

APACHE FS

Same location as decatur swap, which is one of the best "real car stuff" meets in this area. On the map note that the actual swapmeet area is the black square not the star.
    http://www.wcaac.com/dsm.htm#map

5. Randy in Oklahoma

Randy in Oklahoma
    from Oklahoma

6. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

The Febuary meet at Decatur is one of the best swap meet in the area. Hopefully the location combined with the long running Southwest Swap Meet will make this a good one too. I've invested in 8 spaces so I hope so. Doesn't hurt that its only 18 miles from my front door.

7. Big Dad

Big Dad

1st I heard of it too ..

And , I live right by Decatur !

Great Southwest Swapmeet - Info 940-271-1005 HOT NEWS !!!
    The 2011 Southwest Swap Meet will be held Friday thru Sunday 16 -18 September (with entry for setup on Thursday 15th) at the Sheriff's Posse Rodeo Grounds in Decatur, Texas - the same location as the February Decatur meet. This third full weekend date in September will be permanent per our agreement with the Sheriff's Posse. There is no relationship between the Southwest Swap Meet and the organizing club of the February meet.
    The Southwest Swap Meet had become familiarly known as the "Arlington Meet" because of its long run, since 1977, at the Texas Rangers Ballpark. Our relationship with the Texas

8. rschilp

rschilp

Went to the Arlington swapmeet every year for a while, last year seemed slow.

Not making the drive all the way to Decatur, 64 miles from Dallas makes it a different story than Arlington. I'll be back in Decatur in February.

9. Big Dad

Big Dad

Yeah, every since they pushed it into the back lot at the ballpark it was lousy .

Maybe the new location will improve it , at one time it was great ..

10. 69Chevelle454

69Chevelle454
    from Texas

Didnt realize so many of my HAMB members are in Texas!

11. lowmaster

lowmaster

BTTT. Dosen't look like it is even going to be hot out there.

12. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

Texas is the Birthplace of the HAMB! Where else would the biggest baddest message board come from!

13. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

Yeah might get a shower or two but will be good to keep the dust down. I wanted the same as Febuary meet but they are filling up from north to south as they sell spaces to keep from having the same problem they had last September at the ball park where there were people out in bumf#$k cause thats where they picked their own spaces.

Where are your spaces this time?

I'm on the south end of row P next to the fence that separates the south lot from the rest.

You need me to bring some extra insulation for you this time?

14. Roothawg

Roothawg

On the contrary....Oklahoma is the birthplace......:D

I just hope this doesn't confuse the issue of having too many swap meets at the same location. That has sort of happened to Chickasha.

15. Wow. First I have heard this.

The February Decatur Swap Meet is excellent and gets better every year. Maybe this will become a nice "mid season" event.

16. Big Dad

Big Dad

17. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

Looks like this is going to be a good swap meet. Had the best Friday selling that I can remember in a while. Most of the vendors I talked to were doing good too. Made some good buys too. Saturday should be great.