Register now to get rid of these ads!

57 ford

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rustymetal, Jul 3, 2011.

1. rustymetal

rustymetal

all you 57 ford owners what is a good choice for a set of bucket seats ?
    it is custom 300

Attached Files:

2. 48 Chubby

48 Chubby
    Member Emeritus

Mine had early Mustang seats, they fit and worked well,looked good too but that was like 40 years ago.

3. Harms Way

Harms Way

ooh-ooh,.... I know !

Keep the original bench seat !,... I have had a few 57' Custom 300's and always felt that the original Bench seat was like sitting on a sofa in the front room,.... A really comfortable car to drive.

But with that said,... A friend had a pair of the wider bucket seats out of a mid 60's Chevelle in one once,... And they felt pretty good, after he built risers,..... But I still am not a fan of Buckets in these cars. But that's just my opinion.

4. rustymetal

rustymetal

harms way
    would love a original but don,t have one , over the years i,am getting forced away from the wheel ha ha.

5. Greezeball

Greezeball

If you must... 58-60 T bird. The whole interior from the T-bird. I like the bench myself.

6. 63/64 FORD XL buckets and console.

58 FAIRLANE 500 rear seat.

7. I think the older low back seats would be good. Like out of a 66-67 Fairlane/Comet. I used to have a 56 with 62 Falcon bucket seats in it and they fit well.

8. Harms Way

Harms Way

And reach for your wallet,... All the buckets mentioned above, are going for some serious bucks now.

9. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

I am looking for a good bench seat for a 57 ford 300. anybody have one pm me!

Rustymetal.very nice 300!

10. JeffB2

JeffB2
    from Phoenix,AZ

If you want some real comfort and want to go Ford in a Ford try the '95 T-Bird buckets the '90-94's are good too.

11. Custom300Madman

Custom300Madman
    from Houston

I'm stuck in the same boat I have the seat but not really. It's all wires. in my 57....:(

Attached Files:

• seat.jpg
      seat.jpg
      File size:
      492.3 KB
      Views:
  12. Gasser57

Gasser57

I used the front buckets and wrap-around rear seats out of a 65 T-Bird. They work pretty well.

13. If you have a seat that's just a little trashed you could rebuild it. I'm going to rebuild and narrow the '68 F100 seat in my '55 as soon as time permits. Just snag some extra springs from the passenger side of another seat about the same make and modle as yours and get busy. Some local upholstery shop could probably set you up with the jute and padding, then some tuck n roll and you'll be giving rides to bitchin babes in no time.

My suggestion number 2. Okay, I know I'm going to get flamed for this but; you might consider seats from a Jag or Benz. I looked at a Jag just the other day that had very nice, low back, (once the head rest is removed) buckets with nice rich looking leather upholstery and thought they'd be right at home in a nice custom build. I know thinking outside the box isn't traditional:rolleyes:.

BTW, I hope to own the car very soon and if I can't get it to run to suite me it'll become a parts car very quickly. So I guess I can get flamed for a bit of speculative self promotion too:rolleyes:.

Personally, I like Gasser57's suggestion best. I've always thought the '65 Thunderchicken seats were the very best of the best choice for Mercs so they'd have to look good in a 57 too.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2011
  14. Custom300Madman

Custom300Madman
    from Houston

yeah I want to ditch the bench seat

15. shoprat

shoprat
    Member Emeritus
    from Orange, CA

Jeff Norwell is wanting a bench seat:cool:

16. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Yes I am!!

17. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

While I'm sure it will fit, the Fairlane 500 has a dip along the top in the center that the cheaper models don't have.

If you are doing a street racer clone, the 64 T Bolts used the bucket seats from an Econoline to save weight. That's the only bucket seats that I could use in a 57 300. They are very pricey due to all the clones but my buddy found a set at Ford Carlisle for 50 bucks. You never know. Keep looking.