Register now to get rid of these ads!

Mercury Marauder Project Updates

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mercuryjunky, Oct 29, 2009.

1. torino_Joe

torino_Joe

[​IMG][/url][/IMG] [​IMG][/url][/IMG]
    my 2 cents as well,65 montclair marauder police interceptor 390 4v smokin' the tires through 1st and 2nd WITH a f%$#d up shifter.Man I regret selling this ole' girl :(

Dig this thread man,keep up the good work on the marauder.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
    wingnutz likes this.
  2. mercuryjunky

mercuryjunky
    from arvada,co

I love this Marauder. The 64 Pikes peak Parnelli Jones, Stroppe preped,Sachs and Sons Winning Marauder. Thanks to Fran Hernandez and his Daughter for posting these pics. Being from Colorado Ive been up that Mountain and I'm telling you these pics dont give a true perspective on how steep and dangerous that mountain is. 4000 lbs of marauder fury conquering it is amazing.. AWESOME.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Magnus

Magnus
    from Sweden

4. mercuryjunky

mercuryjunky
    from arvada,co

I think that the Dog Dish you have there was common on the 62-63 comets.Or at least thats were Ive seen the most.. Probably E-bay best shot. I'll look for some here they pop up from time to time.

This is the dog dish I see most on 63-64 Marauders.

[​IMG]

5. mercuryjunky

mercuryjunky
    from arvada,co

The widest I have found to work on the Marauders is a 255/60/15 on a 15x8 4" offset for the front and a 275/60/15 on a 15x10 with a 5 inch offset. But under some circumstances they rub here and ther just a little bit.

The best combo that works with no issues is a 245/60/15 on a 15x7 standard offset for the front and 275/60/15 on a 15x8 with a 4.5 inch offset. However on both applications on the rear you have to jack one side up at a time and undo your lower shock nut to get them on and off.

I have a set of 16x8 4.5 backset with a big 285/60/16 and it does work and you dont have to undo the lower shock but still have to do one side at a time from the side.

Hope this helps

6. mercuryjunky

mercuryjunky
    from arvada,co

I need to get me one of these Jackets. Mr Parnelli Jones

[​IMG]

7. Magnus

Magnus
    from Sweden

Thanks for your helpful advices.
    Repoping those jackets would be awesome
    Couldn't help but noticed they just sprayed over the stainless mouldnings...and they fits as bad as today, been messing with mine for quite some time now.

8. mercuryjunky

mercuryjunky
    from arvada,co

How about some motivation!!

[​IMG]

9. Turdburgler

Turdburgler
    from Cleveland

Wow!

I just bought the twin to your car from N Carolina. I wondered if it was the same, but I think I see s-55 on your quarters.

( I need the passener side door , lower trim if anyone has a piece.)

Attached Files:

10. KINGCREOLE58

KINGCREOLE58
    from WAXHAW,NC

Yep---it was an S-55-----My buddie in Maryland still has it to this day-----has a 427 in it and runs 11.90 in the quater-----not too bad for hauling a ton of weight---i think 4400------i know he has lots of spare parts but i doubt he will part with any---they are all for that one car------these merc guys will fix you right up-----

11. mercuryjunky

mercuryjunky
    from arvada,co

Finally Got My new Tow Vehicle home from Bowling Green. Bought this wagon a year ago, Been sitting at Fast Eddies moms place. Going to tow the 64 Race Comet around town to shows and such like they did back in the day. Just finished up with a Custom built Tow Reciever for it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. autobodyed

autobodyed
    from shelton ct

that wagon is in pretty nice shape, don't see them around to often.

13. FrozenMerc

FrozenMerc

I like your hitch, I am planning on installing a receiver on my '62 Monterey Wagon, and that is one nice clean set up, thanks for the posting the pics.

Have fun with the wagon.

14. KINGCREOLE58

KINGCREOLE58
    from WAXHAW,NC

That wagon is way too cool----needs a bubble hood to be the perfect ford product

15. I've sold my old Bug and I think I'm back in pursuit of my uncle's Merc.
    It's several hours away from me currently.
    Can anybody give me the length and width dimensions of a 2-door, please?
    Gotta figure out where it'll fit. hahahah
    Thanks again for and awesome thread!

16. mercuryjunky

mercuryjunky
    from arvada,co

19 1/2 feet of pure Road Rage Awesome. I'll get some numbers together today.. Car looks good and solid, definetly a buyer

17. Magnus

Magnus
    from Sweden

Almost done, some clips and moulding still to be mounted. Missing the right rear curved stainless steel moulding, anyone have a fresh spare to sell?

Attached Files:

BHoover likes this.
  18. CPTFLY

CPTFLY

Wow alot of nice cars I have just purchased a 1964 Park Lane Convertable Z code car with the factory 4 speed was wondering how rare this car is ?

19. mercuryjunky

mercuryjunky
    from arvada,co

That car is super rare. Was that the one that was for sale in Tx last month? Looked really nice. I wish I couldve went for it but I'm way upside down in mercs now.

They say there was only .01 % Full size mercs that were ordered with a 4 speed.

Good Job. Post some pics of it would love to see more of it

20. Looking good. I had one of those fin tips spare but it was dented ( as they always seem to be!) PM Btrsweet ( My brother) he may have one.

21. mercuryjunky

mercuryjunky
    from arvada,co

Wagon update. I know I need to get my but back on the Marauder.

Finally loaded the Comet and towed it around the Block. It was Awesome.

Almost ready to do some Old Time Traveling.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 5, 2011
  22. Magnus

Magnus
    from Sweden

Goddamn, that's a desirable combo.

23. FrozenMerc

FrozenMerc

Very Cool. Just need an FE powered FED to pull behind the wagon too.

24. CPTFLY

CPTFLY

Yes it is the car from Tex. It's a pretty clean car has some blemishes but all in all very solid car. i bought as an investment I want to dosome mods on it, but I want to be careful not to devalue the car. I am do like your Comet and tow car they are too cool.

25. mercuryjunky

mercuryjunky
    from arvada,co

Saw this one this last weekend. I know it would look better in my garage.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 12, 2011
    BHoover likes this.
  26. Awesome, awesome thread dude!!!......long time merc/ford FE enthuisiest, I'm curently looking for a early 60's merc/ford wagon....love the long roofs!!....I would not be opposed to a marauder either, or a comet for that matter!...I'll bet your neighbors just love it when you fire up that bad boy comet!!.....did you have a build thread on it??.....been on the hamb for a year or so, but just mainly looking at what's for sale....glad I stumbled across your thread and my hope and plans are to finally start collecting and restoring as many as I can!.....keep at it brother and consider me suscribed!....by the way, how did the wagon do pulling??...you need to update the paint on your trailer to match those two beauty's!!

27. CPTFLY

CPTFLY

Hey MercuryJunky great pics, but I think it would look better in my garage. (kidding) Anyway looking at your wagon can you tell me the size of the rims any offset and tire size ? I am going to purchase daytona wheels for my 64 and was wondering how big I can go with the set up. Your anticipated reply is appreciated.

28. CPTFLY

CPTFLY

If anyone knows wher I can get a steering wheel for my 64 Parklane I would appreciate it contacted a wheel reconditioning vendor and he doesn't have the mold for my car. It's the one thing I really want to be perfect being it is the interface for human to machine. Any leads are appreciated.

29. mercuryjunky

mercuryjunky
    from arvada,co

Thanks,

Just a regular joe who loves the Mercs. Heres a link to the builds I have done so far and Events that I have gone to in the last 7 years or so.

http://www.hubgarage.com/mygarage/vehicles

Ken

30. mercuryjunky

mercuryjunky
    from arvada,co

The wagon has 15 x 7 with a 215/60/15 on the front standard offset and a 16 x 8 with a 285/60/16 with a 4.5" offset.

On the back the 8 inch rim is the best, The key is the 4.5 offset, the best size tire is the 275, the 285 hits high with saggy springs. The 16 inch rim works best to get the wheel out without having to un do the shock, on the 15" rim you have to undo the lower shock stud. Also you want to do the change out one side at a time lifting the car from the side, I usually lift under the front spring eye where the pad is.

On the front I have got a 255/60/15 with a 8" rim to work but it does hit from time to time under weight in a turn. Best combo is a 15x7 245/60/15

hope that helps Ken