Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Best Damned pictures of Arlington WA. Dragstrip reunion 2011.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by The Rabid Whippet, Sep 11, 2011.

1. This was the first time I attended the event and I will surely be at the next ones. Friday night was the cruise and poker run and what action in the city of Arlington. Check out the main drag through the city of Arlington. The Police station is on the right side right where all the burn outs were happening!!! This has been going on for 5 years but I have a feeling that it may end soon. The link is the Daily and Johnson Nitro Mathane blown 392 that was fired off. Lots of action at the drag strip the next day. Too bad we don't have a drag strip up north anymore.
    Anyway, enjoy the video and the gassers and all the cars that show up at this event!!! Lots of stuff to entertain most all car enthusiasts!!!
    Enjoy!!!
    This is the video of Daily and Johnsons Nitro Methane dragster. Crank it up and then imaging that when each spark to each cylinder is as loud as a stick of dynamite being blown up, even at a quick 4000 rpm blip of the throttle thats like 600 sticks of dynamite being lit within one second!!! Look at what happened at 3.20 seconds. I think I lost my balance just from the concussion of the throttle!!!!!!! Yeah baby!!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/sixt8bird?feature=mhsn

The burnouts were Fridaynight and the show was Saturday.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 11, 2011

2. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That is all!!! Killer show!!! Thanks City of Arlington and for those that came out and helped make this show one of the greatest shows in the NW!!!!!

3. rick finch

rick finch

Thanks for posting....after the childish b.s. burnouts in the first couple of posts, I almost passed on the rest of your thread, glad I didn't. (sorry, I'm just an old racer, hate that stupid shit on the street).:eek:

4. Yeah, its fun for a bit but it actually got out of hand and when you have people on both sides of the street and cars on both sides, its only a matter of time when someone gets hurt and the city is sued. The cops just leave and don't come around for a few hours to let people have their fun but I think that with what is left of the inlay on the crosswalks and the mass black marks, it will be the last. It's too bad that they won't let this happen at the track at an iscolated area where if a car broke an axle, they would only end up in a field and not into parked cars or worse yet, a crowd of people.

5. There was so much history at the Dragstrip reunion and to see these dragsters and gassers that have been in hibernation for so long and can now be re- appreciated, that is what makes this show the best!!!!

6. rustdodger

rustdodger

Thanks for posting the photos! I was able to be there on Saturday this year for the first time after several years of schedule conflicts. You posted several cars that I missed in person. I thought the event was a good time and plan to return.Good job to those involved in putting it on. I hope those burnout guys haven't ruined the continued opportunity for the event to continue.

7. DYNODANNY

DYNODANNY

Some really nice cars out there, burn outs on main st. Damm!!!!!!

8. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

9. Right out in front of City hall. The police station!!! I think heads are going to role on Monday morning!!!!!
    I left at about 7:45 PM and it had been going on for at least 1 1/2 hours before I left and continued a couple hours later.

10. couldn't go this year, thanks for the pix. sure wished I coulda been there. Who owns D&L restorations now that Louie is gone?

11. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

Great cackle video, is that the car Hank Johnson won the 1970 Supernationals with?

12. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That was great! I would love to see more of that green A40!!

Doc.

13. I'm not sure but most of these cars have lots of history. I was only 8 at the time!!! LOL!!

14. Richard Head

Richard Head

Louie Jr. runs it now.

Dave

15. deadgearhead

deadgearhead
    from Washington

It took me 10 minutes to find a car in this pic.

16. farmer12

farmer12

Great pics, thanks for posting!

17. Pete1

Pete1
    from Wa.

I thought this was about nostalgia and reunion.
    No mention or pics of the FIRST race at Arlington.
    I was there. The clocks were tripped by rubber hoses laid on the track.
    Anyone remember the WWTA?

18. Nice shots- Seems our tastes run alike. And thanks for NOT posting pics of those rusty POS vehicles that were parked together

19. attitudor

attitudor
    from Finland

Keith's "tattooed" Merc pick-up is looking good. :)

20. Model A John

Model A John
    from wichita ks

Yeah, cool show!

21. churchboy

churchboy

Great pics, Thanks

22. Six-Shooter

Six-Shooter
    from Ohio

Great pics of what looks like a great event! Thanks for sharing!

23. The weather was great, the cars were awesome and the smell of high octane and nitro were all part of the fun!!! Thanks to all that showed up!!!!I saw at least 10 HAMB'ers there.

24. Some of us were'nt around back then. I took lots of pictures of the cars that raced at Arlington on Saturday. Maybe not the first cars but alot of cars in between and in the end.
    Maybe you could post some pictures. We would all like to see them.

25. Tuff Tin

Tuff Tin

Nice photo's. Thanks.
    Mike