Register now to get rid of these ads!

Shades Of the Past 2011 ...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Deuce Roadster, May 8, 2011.

1. 52carsontop

52carsontop
    from East TN

Thanks HotRodPrimer. Who knows I drove my chevy for the first time today and it rain pretty good. Might end up taking it with me.

2. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

If you see this car, stop us....

Attached Files:

• 463.jpg
      463.jpg
      File size:
      46 KB
      Views:
    • 465.jpg
      465.jpg
      File size:
      47.7 KB
      Views:
  3. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

The National Weather Service is forecasting the high temperatures to be in the 80's with only a 30 per cent chance of showers.
    :D :D

4. lstwsh

lstwsh
    from Dayton,Oh

I will be in Gatlinburg this weekend out past the arts craft center towards Cosby.I am riding down with friends.I hope to ride the trolley over from Gatlinburg since we are only taking one car.I think it will be on Saturday.I have never been to this show before.Has anyone ever rode the trolley over from Gatlinburg?

5. Trucked Up

Trucked Up

Just may be hoping it warms up if the weather pattern continues into the weekend.

As far as I am concerned the 70's is perfect..........:D

6. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

I myself have never rode the trolley over to Pigeon Forge from Gatlinburg ... but I do know that the trolley does run over to Pigeon Forge and back.

Go here

http://www.ci.gatlinburg.tn.us/transit/trolley.htm

The Pink Trolley offers convenient access to Dollywood. Trolley departs from the Gatlinburg Mass Transit Center at traffic light #5 approximately every 45 minutes, with stops in Pigeon Forge at the Dollywood Information Center on Parkway and the entrance to Dollywood. Dollywood drop-offs coincide with the park’s opening time each day and pick-ups run one & one-half hours after the park closing time. On dates when Dollywood is closed, the Trolley runs to the Dollywood Information Center following the Operating Schedule at right. From November until late March, the Trolley runs only on dates when Dollywood is open. Fare is one dollar each way. Exact change required.

7. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

i ..... dunno,kinda looks like mafia. is there a tenn mafia????

8. 52carsontop

52carsontop
    from East TN

Well the trans went out on the Chevy so will not be bringing that. Still might show up as I need a rear bench seat for a 52 chevy. Does anyone know how early on Sat. they start the swap meet? Would like to get there early before the roads are to crazy.

9. Al Napier

Al Napier
    from Central CT

This will be my first time going tomorrow - Any helpful hints? I live about 40 minutes from the Pigeon Forge strip......

Al in TN

10. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

Depends on who's asking. This car is SO much fun.

11. Anyone have any more pics? My friend apparently got his blue/green '32 highboy picked for a Top 25. It's a freshly done car mostly owner built except for paint and upholstery. He's a plumber by trade and is very meticulous in everything he does. We call him an "artist in pipes"....Don.

12. 343w

343w

Put up some pictures for us "Not ready to riders,"I'll be working on my tudor this weekend....Enjoy the traffic in the smokies boys!

13. Redbuddy

Redbuddy
    from Cordova al

Fellow hamb wdo40 won top 25 with a home built 32ford pickup today!

14. billylo

billylo

Sweet, but where are the pics.....?

15. He was at the hotel next to where we stay and I met him Thursday night,,It's great to see an average guy with a home built car that can compete and beat professional builders with clients that have deep pockets.

I saw a bunch of Hambers,,some that have become old friends and a bunch of new ones! HRP

16. Ryguy442

Ryguy442
    from Nc

Iv been walk among the cars for three days, love this show
    ImageUploadedByTJJ1315753213.099728.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTJJ1315753316.337319.jpg ImageUploadedByTJJ1315753421.126948.jpg
    Wish I took more pics

17. ......So do we, but thanks for those;)

18. Al Napier

Al Napier
    from Central CT

19. AlbuqF-1

AlbuqF-1
    from NM

Good pics, thanks for posting. Haven't seen so many small cars in a long time (like the Topolino's, Thames...)

20. Stu

Stu
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

thanks for the pics

21. Weather this year was great. Went, had a good time, didn't take many pictures. Saw lots of nice cars and some friends. Thanks to Hotrodprimer and the guy who loaned me a jumper battery when I foolishly left my lights on and ran the battery down.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

22. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

thanks for the shot should have introduced yourself. i think i was under my tent when you took the shot.

23. billylo

billylo

24. The gasser styled cars were out in force in Pigeon Forge. HRP

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

25. We went and had a blast. Bought a couple o/t cars. Still lookin' for a '60 Impala convertible. I thought the crowd was way down from last year, maybe 1/2 to 2/3 of what it was..dunno.

Anybody going back this weekend for the Fall Grand Run?

26. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

trying to decide. ,big weekend. redneck rumble,coker has a cruise in and the grand run. ??????

27. Mayor of G-Vegas

Mayor of G-Vegas

I was gonna go back for the Grand Run but just scored VIP tickets for the race @ Z- Max Drag Strip in Concord Saturday ...