Register now to get rid of these ads!

Honest people on the HAMB

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tony Martino, Sep 8, 2011.

1. Just a quick note:
    There is a guy on here, "elcamino65" that just sent me a PM.
    I sold him an axle one year ago and he never got it. I sent him his money back and he said he would let me know if it showed up.
    Well it just did and he is sending me back the money!
    I just think it's a good idea to let people know there are plenty of good, honest people left in the world, an many are on here!
    The best to all,
    Tony

2. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

He's a HAMBer. I'd expect nothing less.

3. 1950-mercury

1950-mercury

I think the best people are right here on the HAMB!!!! Glad to hear it worked out for both of you.

4. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

well thats great, wow a freakin year to get an axle sent? who was the carrier?

5. Larry T

Larry T

Yea, maybe 99% of the folks on the HAMB are honest. So, (if I'm reading things right) there are 141,000 people here. That means you only have to watch out for 1400 folks that could screw you around.
    Larry T

6. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Pat yourself on the back too, because you were honest enough to send him his money back in the first place. :) There ARE good people in this world, regardless of what we see on the news every night.

Don

7. MikeRose

MikeRose
    from Yuma, AZ

Haha good point. I have only come across a couple of those 1400 but definitely for the most part HAMBers are great people.

I love the block feature, because my memory isn't that great. I blocked the couple of people that screwed me on deals or were just jerks, and I never have to deal with them again. :D

8. FoMoCoPower

FoMoCoPower

I beg to differ,was recently screwed out of $500 by a HAMB member. Trying to resolve it the right way before I start throwing out names,but I have a feeling I am going to end up eating the full amount.

9. dvzdeathtrap

dvzdeathtrap
    from austin, tx

That's awesome. -DVZ

10. Slick Willy

Slick Willy

this guy...

[​IMG]

11. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Hhahahah, no doubt

12. Rod and Wheeler

Rod and Wheeler
    from NOR CAL

yea but lot faster than the post office

13. metalix_421

metalix_421

wow that is good to hear. I know that myself not having paypal think a little before sending money but to the few people that I have sent cash to I have always gotten the stuff that I paid for. I do love the HAMB and that is a big reason why. we are all car guys and its nice to have the respect and get it back from people you have never even met.

14. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

How bout this? This place has been in business 16 years... I've never gotten a bounced check. Not once.

15. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

Then I would say he was a poser and not a Hamber. Wolf and Sheep you know? Hope it goes your way on this deal.

16. 92GTA

92GTA

Wow, that's freakin awesome!

Where the heck was the axle for a year though :confused:

17. johnybsic

johnybsic
    from las vegas

Jesus! UPS purgatory??? Was the diff packed with Columbian? :p

Thats cool he got it, and let you know.
    HONEST, Thats what i like about the Hambski's I feel MUCH better buying & selling with other members. Can't stand Ebay or Craigslist :eek:

Its not fool proof, but Ive never had a bad time :D

Good to hear
    Damn Ryan, No bounced checks ever??? Awesome.

18. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

I recently saw a posting of a Bantam Pickup which I had been looking for one. The poster mentioned he just bought it. Like a big dumbie I posted for all to see. "I'll buy it from you for more than it's worth" Well I did want the truck. OP came back and said he would sell and came up with a number I didn't need to think about. A very fair and honest deal from a HAMBer

19. this is a great place but their are some shady assholes here and their word is very hollow! had some real great dealings here also but like anywhere cover your ass!

20. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

Jinx!:D Got to go knock wood now.

21. MEDDLER1

MEDDLER1

It is very good to hear, I have done a few deals on here too and they have been absolutly perfect each time. Good people are here for sure!

22. For the record guys, It was the good old US Postal service!
    And at least no one there stole it!

23. brad2v

brad2v

Remarkable. We is good folks, isn't we?

24. slickhale

slickhale
    from Phoenix

now thats impressive, even churches get bounced checks.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2011
  25. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

group hug

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  26. 48FordFanatic

48FordFanatic
    from Maine

There are a lot of good honest people everywhere. About 10 years ago I was into Farmall Cub tractors. I bought just about everyone I could. I frequented a Tractor Discussion Board and through it started selling parts. The first time I sold a part the fellow asked if I wanted him to send me a check or money order before I sent the part. I thought about that for quite a while. I decided that if I asked for payment up front , then I might as well have said I didn't trust that he was honest. I know this will probably sound stupid to some , but I thought that why should he trust that I would send the part ....what says I'm honest but he isn't.
    I decided that until someone gave me reason to believe otherwise, I was going to believe that the people I was dealing with were just as honest as me. And so my deal was that I sent the part and paid shipping. When they received the part if they were happy with it they sent me a check for the part and shipping. If they weren't happy with it....well, we would cross that bridge later. I know to some that this approach might sound stupid, but I was never once cheated out of a single penny and I sent Cub parts all over the US, some to Canada, and once even to New Zealand.

27. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

So true ,Just bought a model A tank for 30.00 bucks ,I only needed the front panel,So He cut it perfectly for me and shipped for 20.00 ,So where else can you get a model A tank for 50.00 bucks here on the Hamb.Never have gotten beaten on the Hamb,See the flat firewall,Thats where its going and I just have to build a flat lower panel.The more original the better and its glass with steel wheelwells ,Door handles ,Trunk handle ,Hidden trunk hinges ,And soon to be a firewall with factory ribs................This place is great,And so many good people

28. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

Not a good idea to bounce a check to the one guy who could embarrass you INTERNATIONALLY......:)

29. HOTRODRUBBER

HOTRODRUBBER

Shit Ryan that really is cool!!!!
    That has to say somthing positive about somthing:p

30. pcterm2

pcterm2

just totally outstanding,there are a bunch of honest folks here