Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures A Sweet Sickness

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Sep 7, 2011.

1. Definitely looks to be worth the wait.

2. Zombie Hot Rod

Zombie Hot Rod
    from New York

Better hurry, the orders are coming in quick!

3. jaz

jaz
    from London, UK

Best comment on the HAMB Ever - Punk Rock, Thrash Metal and people just screaming nonsense seems to be the standard for all DVD's featuring Hot Rods - I just want to hear the flatheads!! Thats what I call music to my ears along with a little Carl Perkins of course.

4. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

It's funny... Carl Perkins and other a-side hits of the 50's and 60's are the norm for the old man car show. Meanwhile, punk and other noise seem to be the staple of the young man's scene.

I'm not big on either.

I don't correlate music to hot rods. Instead, I kind of match the music to where i am... And I like to pretend I'm on the beach 99% of the time I listen to music.

Stogy likes this.
  5. Ryan - You were on a TLC program? :eek: ... who knew? :D

TLC's 'HOME Made Simple'.jpg
    edited... for my own sanity... :)

All joking aside, thanks for posting this ... "A Sweet Sickness" looks to be yet another cool film by Brian Zombie Hot Rod Darwas ... I'll have to order myself a copy.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2011
  6. Zombie Hot Rod

Zombie Hot Rod
    from New York

. . . so, if you're cuddled up on the couch with your wife watching the latest Brad Pitt movie and a song comes on that you don't like, you scurry around looking for the remote so you can mute the volume?

Last edited: Sep 7, 2011
  7. The 39 guy

The 39 guy

I am also looking forwrd to this video. I will have to keep the volume gizmo close at hand though since heavy metal music just doesen't do it for this oldster. But a sweet souning flathead does!

8. The 39 guy

The 39 guy

Where can we buy this movie?

9. ^^^^^^^^^^^^Read post 36^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

10. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

No, I'm not that serious about it. No music really offends me.

Stogy likes this.
  11. williebill

williebill

Just ordered it,can't wait. My work computer won't do sound anymore,but I doubt the soundtrack drowns out the flathead sounds.I'll hear music that's new to this old guy,and that's fine with me.
    Thanks for all the work that goes into this kind of production.

12. Zombie Hot Rod

Zombie Hot Rod
    from New York

I'm not offended by music either. . . and believe me, growing up in The Bronx I've heard every kind of music that was made to offend.

Stogy likes this.
  13. Zombie Hot Rod

Zombie Hot Rod
    from New York

Ok, enough about music. . . back to the movie:

[​IMG]

Stogy likes this.
  14. oldthudman

oldthudman

Love the 32 Deuce, but your right in my opinion................The Chevy small block is a fine reliable engine...............Have a 61 Impala with a 283........It would run all day at 70-80 and not miss a beat

15. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Music?? my god this story is the true song..

12 years ago... I too was a true blood SB guy. I had a friends dad invite me into his garage. We sat for hours as he discussed the importance of these engines for the real hot rod revolution. He pointed out why these engines have their distinct sound. He started one of his engines and made me understand the music behind it and shared his passion of these engines and those good old days. He pointed out the beauty of its symmetry and its components. He made me understand that they did all the work on these simply designed engines as he gloated with pride.

It was like he talked of his long ago love. Regardless of how outdated or wrinkly or heavy she had become. He seen her beauty through his 18 yr old eyes. He was stalled in time and passion and her beauty will last forever.
    I drive these flatheads for strictly those reasons. I too fell in love. Not for power but for nostalgia and that is my own little tribute to those people and times.
    Cool movie Ryan!!

16. Tim Jones

Tim Jones

Bought. Waiting. Awesome.

17. Can't wait looks awesome!

18. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I don't get offended by most people's choices of "music" but can get highly annoyed at times. Especially at rod trots where I'd rather visit with other car folks that I haven't seen for a while without having to shout over what is blasting over the loud speakers.

I cleaned the local Borders or what's left of it out of the car and boat books that I have been eyeballing for the past couple of years when they dropped the price so I'll have to wait a payday or so before ordering this video or put it on my birthday wish list. Good stuff in the bit we got to see and I'd like to see the rest of it.

19. rustydeuce

rustydeuce

So looking forward to filling my shelves (if only for a brief moment) with this movie! Customers awaiting!

Well done Brian. Another Hot Rod Cult classic.

20. firerod

firerod
    from Colorado

I can't wait to get a copy of the movie. I was raised a Chevy guy and have a 283 sitting on a stand in the garage. This engine was for my '30 coupe, and then I saw Ryan's car. Coolest looking and sounding model A I have ever seen. I now have a worked over flattie in my coupe and a few more flatheads in the garage.

21. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

Bought a couple of months ago.....waiting.......waiting......it'll be worth it! Flathead powered roadster is my dream right now..........waiting ....waiting..........!

22. Zombie Hot Rod

Zombie Hot Rod
    from New York

For anyone who's curious, the DVD's will start shipping out on Friday, September 9th.

23. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

I am a hardcore supporter of the flathead, I have never succumbed to the irrational temptation to put a SBC in my shoebox and I never will. What's a kick in the guys for the flathead guys is this insane belief of unreliabity . You build em right they are damn workhorses have been since 1932 up until 2011. Just goes to show you after all these years and all this technology we are all chompping at the bit to see a flathead movie.they are henrys finest

24. Harms Way

Harms Way

Way cool !!!!!!

( I thought Flatheads made there own music ! :D,.. That's a score I can listen to for hours !:D)

25. jipp

jipp

man i was holding out on this video ryan.. since i cant afford a flathead ever.. but, now i just placed my order.. the video will be great to watch with my dad.. he is a retired baby boomer.. he will dig the shit out of this video.. and ill just be green with envy all the cool crap he got to grow up with.

chris.

26. Cshabang

Cshabang

Not gonna lie...Opening that clip with Paul chocked me up and made me tear up...Ive spent many miles riding shotty, he even let me drive a few times...Gonna order my copy this week Brian...

27. Very Cool!!! Gonna have to do some Christmas wishing. I'm pretty low on coin right now and need the $$$ to buy a blower belt for the digger.

Now if only somebody would make a movie about early hemi's....

28. Just ordered - How can you not after watching that teaser

29. Del Clark

Del Clark
    from DeLand,FL

Brian...thats gonna kick ass! R.F.F.R.

30. 31fordV860

31fordV860

Love it more, more and more videos like this....

I'm 57 with 5 kids and I like Billypunk...so it fits , as well as Link Wray, little Walter....whatever..