Register now to get rid of these ads!

33 willys info

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by givemethewillys, Aug 31, 2011.

1. givemethewillys

givemethewillys

hi any one out there have info on a 33 willys coupe awith a chuck finders body that hit a wall racing and possibly rebuilt. in the cleveland area last known owner may have been "crow"? thanks.Rich

2. cgaswillys

cgaswillys
    from New Jersey

Yes, if your thinking of the same car I am he's already started to rebuild it.

3. givemethewillys

givemethewillys

hi what was the name of the car and does it by chance have the front clip off the black hart automotive car

Last edited: Aug 31, 2011
  4. micky69

micky69
    from Ohio

The black Hart car is still complete. I sold Gordon Crowe the body he has on his car now that just wrecked. I dont think his car is the one your looking for though.

5. givemethewillys

givemethewillys

6. R Frederick

R Frederick
    from illinois

7. givemethewillys

givemethewillys

ouch that was bad this body is an old chuck finders body i think black

8. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

The Purple and black Willys was pointing at the wall on launch, what's that all about, where did he think it was gonna go?

9. daredevilcustoms

daredevilcustoms
    from Ohio

I did some work for Chuck and would often help out in the shop. I'm not aware of him putting any 33 in a wall, but he did wreck one in Milan MI.

Attached Files:

10. ShakeyPuddin55

ShakeyPuddin55

I thought it had to be an illusion, but he for sure was lined up all crooked!

11. WillysRule

WillysRule
    from Central FL

Gordon Crowe first debuted his car in 2003 or 2004. In 04 or 05, he was racing at (I think) Beaver Springs, and the parachute line got caught on the wheelie bar, pulled the car around, and it barrel rolled several times, doing some pretty extensive damage to the car. After a few years, Gordon was able to put the car back together, and came out again in either late 2009 or 2010. He made some great runs, and even managed an 8.28 in the car, late 2010. A few weeks ago, he broke an axle at Buffalo, and wrecked the car again. I don't think the damage was quite as extensive this time, as I've heard he hopes to have it back out this upcoming spring. I don't know if his car was a Finders Body originally, but it's the only one I know of that seems to match your description.

sat_norwalk10_1095.jpg fri_norwalk10_0775.jpg

12. 33HEMI

33HEMI

Is this the car Chuck crashed,
    and is this the Hart car you are looking for, I think it was on eBay
    last year,
    Paul.

1986milan0003.jpg

1986milan0007.jpg

1986milan0061.jpg

gfx-0017.jpg

gfx-0018.jpg

13. I am the owner of the Hart Car. There is a clone out there, but not the original. There were other cars that Hart Automotive sponsored, a gold one comes to mind.

14. givemethewillys

givemethewillys

hi guys i just bought a 33 from Cleveland [ actually north Olmsted]on saturday from a gentleman named cliff woost not sure who owned it, he said he thought last owner was crowe it had some extensive damage to the body and has been started to rebuild it there is a number sticker primered over and that # 316 that number appears on gordon crowes car but not in the same place it was black and a sticker on the side that says [customs unlimited ] thanks Rich

15. micky69

micky69
    from Ohio

Is it just a body or body and chassis? Can you post pics?

16. WillysRule

WillysRule
    from Central FL

I managed to find a pic of Gordon Crowe's first car.

June6_03094-vi.jpg

17. The front clip came from me, it was a spare that Ron Wilson had picked up years ago to replace the one on the front of Pure Determination because of all the modifications through the years.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2011
  18. givemethewillys

givemethewillys

a newer 2x3 frame with a mopar 8 3/4 rear and it is the body that was wrecked and started to get glassed back together

19. givemethewillys

givemethewillys

the pure determination car wasthat a hart automoive car

20. givemethewillys

givemethewillys

anyone wanting pics of the 33willys i just got give me your email mine is [email protected] not to computer savy but we can make a bbc run

21. givemethewillys

givemethewillys

hey guys go to (two dorks.com ) it is a local rock and roll station go to 2011 calendar cars our 32 ford gasser is february

22. givemethewillys

givemethewillys

ya chuck wasnt driveing the car in question i think it was gordon crowe i think i have his rolled body

23. micky69

micky69
    from Ohio

Pure Determination is the car Don owns. Its the black one pictured above with Hart Automotive on it. It was white later on.

24. givemethewillys

givemethewillys

thanks for the info i think i just bought gordons first 33willys dont think its his chassis though it is prety beat up and looks like the caw of the wild body

25. micky69

micky69
    from Ohio

Gordon fixed his chassis and put the body I sold him on it. You probably do have the first body.

26. givemethewillys

givemethewillys

thanks Micky. i was told that its a old finders mold body do you have any info on that.thanks Rich

27. micky69

micky69
    from Ohio

I'll have to ask Gordon.

28. crowman

crowman

Sounds like my old body, it was an original Cal Auto body that was never mounted, still had the wood floor and firewall in when I got it, The rest, front end , doors was all generic stuff from around this area I picked up. I think there was a sticker laminated under the cowel area that said Cal Auto, but I'm alittle fuzzy on that. even had wood around the rear window but that had to go for the roll cage. If you have any more questions please call me up. Gordon