Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects another damn project...61 uni body ford

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ryno, Jul 29, 2011.

1. mudtoe

mudtoe
    from ILL

Absolutely awesome!

2. ryno

ryno

been slacking on the pics!
    i got the mustang tank mounted in the rear of the frame, it mounts like the original mustang style, through the top of the bed floor. im going to build up a false floor in the bed so the filler neck will be flush with the floor when completed.

also got all my front brake lines bent up and mounted to the prop valve down on the frame.

3. I have been following this build and I have to say that it is awesome. I like the vision you have for the truck as well. Very clean!

4. ryno

ryno

thanks for the kind words man.

5. lets see the rear bag mounts
    tk

6. ryno

ryno

i'm on the road right now, ill try to remember to post some up next week.

7. James66g

James66g

Hey man pics or that shit didnt happen!

8. ryno

ryno

i hear ya.

9. ryno

ryno

just got back home, getting ready to hit this thing hard again.
    worked on it a few hrs yesterday.
    got the front end all finalized, cotter pins, painted, etc
    also finished up the hard line for my brake booster,mounted my front brake lines, painted most of the frame rails that have been boxed.

10. Tacson

Tacson

Very nice build man. Subscribing

11. ryno

ryno

Not much of a photo update
    Been doing all the little non cool things, ie brake lines,fuel lines,exhaught, things that are time consuming and necessary.

Making good progress, hope to wire it all and fire it up next week

12. Can't wait to see the finished product.

13. ryno

ryno

Still pluggin away on this thing
    Got most of the wiring ran,can't say enough about rebel wire!
    Wiring a ford with all the original factory components sucks. No wonder why anybody with a clue hates ford! Sorry it's just a pain in the ass. Gm stuff is cut dry. Simple and effective. Ford not so much. Enough rant.

The inner fenders,core support, drive shaft,and inside of the doors and jams all painted.
    Brakes are done and blead.
    Seats mounted,with council, which will still need some love after the pile up
    New glass should be in today,hoping to get to that this weekend.
    Steel for the false floor should be here today also

6 more days ill the hunnert car pile up!!!!!

14. Can't wait to see the Uni in person, since I missed the Drags.

Did you see we're working the gate again.....

15. ryno

ryno

yes sir!
    should be a good time again.

16. James66g

James66g

Please take some pics of the mustang tank install I was thinking of going that route on my crew !

17. ryno

ryno

I'll try to snap some for you
    It fits perfectly in-between the frame rails. I dropped mine in from the top of the bd floor so it didn't hang low. Most people wouldn't do I this way,they mount to the frame rails. But then again they are not concern about ground clearance

18. ryno

ryno

finally got some pics uploaded
    finished all the wiring up today. fired the ol girl up, Holley was dumping fuel, so it was short lived. this was the first , and last ford ill ever wire using all teh original ford factory stuff, ie regulators etc.

id like to thank bob and tugmaster from rebel wire, i know i sound like a infomercial for them, but the dudes flat out rule. i had a few questions regarding the ford wiring, as almost all the color codes and such are for gm stuff. bob was supper helpful and took the time to look up what i needed to know.

pics

fuel tank install
    mounted from inside the bed though the frame. you need to remove the rear most x member, and spare tire holder? bracket. fab a new rear x member and weld in
    [​IMG]

interior
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

wiring
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

wilwood prop valve. went this because its simple. brake lines in, splits, rear adjustable, and switch all in one with the least amount of fittings.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

engine compartment
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. derbydad276

derbydad276

nice wiring job wanna do mine next?

20. ford5t1

ford5t1
    from usa

wow... such a build turns me on....

i have a '65 f100 on air but that needs work it still has the beams and that is no good..

see ya

twan

21. ryno

ryno

sure!

the beams are a bitch. you could always raise the mounting locations and make new radius arms, or just cut the whole clip outta there!

22. Tacson

Tacson

Your wiring looks so well thought and neatly routed. I liked the thought it appears you put in. Keep the photos coming. I got a 56 F100 on the back burner to build. Your photos are motivating me to consider to attempt to wire my own this time. I have never done it. Thanks

23. 69supercj

69supercj

Damn ryno, she's lookin' reeeal goood. Can't wait to see this in person some day. When are you leaving out for the hunnert? I'll be on the highway headin' to LaCrosse, WI. on Thursday morning early.

24. ryno

ryno

its not that big of a deal, just plan out where you need the wires to go and make sure to have lots of zip ties and Adel clamps!
    i think i went though about 800 4" zippy's on this truck. I've used other brand harnesses before, all about the same, to me the big difference is when you have a question, the support cant be beat, and great pricing too.

thanks for the complements!
    we're leaving for the hunnert Friday am.
    44 east then?
    you still interested in the cobra oil pan?

25. ford5t1

ford5t1
    from usa

hey ryno, yeah beams are a bitch, but i saw the f100 that tito (courtney) has build awhile ago and he notched the framerails were the beams could travel in and made a support for the bags and welded them to the frame. as far as i could see the radius arms and beams were on the factory location. he mounted the shoks on the radiusarms.

this truck drove well and that is how i want to do it also.

is this the correct way or are there do's and don'ts??

i wan't to figure out to do it the safe and correct way,otherwise i'm thinking of a jag suspension but i want to keep it "original" so keep the beams and drums (yeah call me an idiot, i know)

iff you could help me out here that would be great.

thanks

26. ryno

ryno

I tried to repond to this ealier but the hamb was having issues

I'm not sure how tito's was done,but I'm sure it was right. I'd imagine he raised the mounts and also notched the frame for the beams to clearence.

27. ryno

ryno

Just came in from the shop
    Long day on this thrash for the pile up!

Got the grill primed and mounted today. I stalled the headlight, front turn, signals, all new lens.

Got all the air suspension stuff mounted wired and plumbed also

28. James66g

James66g

Thanks for that tank pics! that might be the way to go but I want to have my filler on the top of the drivers side bed rail so I am wondering at the safety of running the filler hose through the frame. doesnt sound like a good idea to me.

29. Billy_Bottle_Caps

Billy_Bottle_Caps

Great truck love the look. Amazing what you have done in short amount of time. Truly amazing....subscribed..

30. James66g

James66g

Oh yea Love the mustang seats and (mustang) console? I have seen pics of trucks that came with them factory I cant remember what the edition or name of that model was but they really look good! did you use the stock mustang brackets ? how is the seating position it looks like they are a lot lower in the truck than a stock bench ?