Register now to get rid of these ads!

History **Found this little gem a couple days ago, all original 1936 Dodge truck**

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mike hamel, Sep 3, 2011.

1. mike hamel

mike hamel

Hey guys, just thought you might like to see this original 1936 Dodge truck we found on craigslist here in town. The day it came out we went out to look at it, 9 o'clock at night but I knew it looked good in the pictures and we couldnt pass this one up. We were looking at the truck with a couple of flashlights and knew we could get her running in no time. So we left a deposite and picked it up 2 days ago. I know, its not the typical 1932 Ford barn find but I still think this truck is cool as hell.

We bought it from the original owners who bought the Dodge brand new in 1936 at an Ely Dodge dealer. The truck has remained in the family all this time and has not been driven since it was last serviced in 1949. Its documented that it was serviced at Shell in 1939. (Check out the cool original Shellubrication service record on the grille support rods.) It sat for all those years. This truck is 100% stock and original. Untouched paint, fenders, wheels, interior, engine, and everything else. The condition of the truck is outstanding! The grille is nearly perfect, and the fenders are nearly perfect with one minor repair. The truck only has a mere 29,000 original miles and I can see why. It never got driven! The thing I like the best is the University of Nevada, UNR parking pass still in the window from the early 40's from when the son's grandmother that we bought the truck from, went to school there. I like it because I am a senior at UNR and its just cool to see a piece of history from the school I currently attend. I also love the original accessory 20" Dodge "milk truck" wheels on all corners and the spare. The tires are a shot but thats it. The paint was a little oxidized from all those years of sun exposure, so I spent a few hours waxing the paint and man did it turn out shiny! We are going to go through all the brakes, change the tires, spark plug wires, sparkplugs and 6v battery. The gas tank looks brand new inside! So I do not think we are going to have a issue with the fuel system. Other then that I think we can bring her back on the road here in a few weeks! Thought you guys might like the truck. I know I do! Little different then the hot rods we have but this is how its staying, untouched original condition.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 31, 2011
    kidcampbell71 likes this.
  2. that is awesome. I probably wouldn't do much to it either.

3. striper

striper

Very nice truck. Nothing on there I'd change.

4. larry woods

larry woods
    from venice fl

holy smokes. that is a keeper for sure! a fun vehilce nice pick!

5. volksjunky

volksjunky

Holy crap ! That truck is amazing . Congrats on such a sweet score !

Last edited: Sep 3, 2011
  6. lucky basterd.
    awesome truck tho

7. That's the dogs bollox!
    Good score, lovely truck, well done.

8. retromotors

retromotors

Gorgeous truck. You've got yourself a real time capsule there!
    I approve of your plan, the truck deserves to remain a survivor.

9. WOW WOW WOW! I just love vehicles in this condition. Beutiful truck look after it and enjoy it just as it is, they are only ever original once! Cheers, H.R.D.

10. storm king

storm king

Do I need to say it? There're still out there!
    Wow, wow, and wow!
    Being a Mopar guy, how can it be anything less than, wow!

11. xlr8er

xlr8er

Do the truck right. Leave it alone and unaltered. What a neat find. Congrats. Very nice!!

12. luckyuhaul

luckyuhaul

Great truck! Those flatties get nice fuel mileage around town and at moderate cruising speeds.
    Congrats!:)

13. TimJohnson

TimJohnson

Great find! I really like the looks of Dodge trucks from that era; very stylish with nice lines. Too bad they put that toolbox on it. Someone did the same thing to my Ford F-1, bolted one to the running board and hacked the stake pocket away....

14. rustymetal

rustymetal

very nice thanks for sharing

15. HotRodHighley

HotRodHighley
    from cincy, oh

16. old soul

old soul
    from oswego NY

17. rjaustin421

rjaustin421

The great thing about the Mopar vehicles of this era is the the brakes, suspension and engine are eassily capable of safely driving anywhere comfortably and stopping quickly if needed. If the rear gears are real low a gear change would be nice so you can cruise at highway speed without ringing the engine out. That of course may not be as easy as I think...

18. Gas_Tires_Oil

Gas_Tires_Oil

19. Mart

Mart

What a great looking truck!

Will you be able to get some 20" tires? or will you find something suitable in an easier to manage size - 16"??? maybe?? What bolt pattern do these dodges have? Anything else compatible?

Mart.

20. Well done, nice score. Very desireable.

21. Wow is right, what an awesome score, that is just fantastic, I guess they are still out there. Love that front end, that grill is cool as hell, beautiful lines on that truck.
    Way to go man.

President Goldchainers C C
    Dallas, Texas Chapter

22. rusty28a

rusty28a

If you had that at a car show, I would borrow your folding chair just to stare at it for a while. Nice!!!

23. had a 36 dodge sedan i got in san fransisco that was almost that shape 62000 mi
    there still cars out there .maybe not as nice
    i know of 3 whare i am now
    untoutched for many years not for sale thou

24. Great ride.........Is that the gas cap under the seat?

25. shadetree57

shadetree57

You're right.....it is a gem.......what a story!

Thanks for sharing!!

26. havi

havi

27. honeyman

honeyman
    from Steiner

Yeah, I think I'd lose that tool box, but man...what a beautiful find!!!

28. One of the most beautiful trucks next to a Stude Coupe Express!

They may still be out there but finding one so pristine and unmolested is as RARE as finding and marrying a "Virgin" 21 year old Beauty Queen who loves to cook for you after marathon love making.:eek:

So again ... "What's your intentions"... provide and care for her the way she is?

But "If" you ever tear her apart... strip her down... gang rape her... and turn her into a scaggy whore battle ax rotrod... I'm coming after you! hahaha...!

29. bs you bought it just for the wheels lol
    tk